It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Solar Storm! Widespread POWER OUTAGES 11 cities & 11 million ppl affected as of 12am Sep 26

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by ignant

Spare me the fake innocence.

I saw the original thread title.

Why do you think think the first couple of responses were discussing "worldwide: in the title?

Originally posted by aaron2209
Hmm 11 cities in the entire world warrants a thread title beginning with "Worldwide"???

Originally posted by UnholyBones

Originally posted by aaron2209
Hmm 11 cities in the entire world warrants a thread title beginning with "Worldwide"???

I believe that it does. Although the "world wide" may be far fetched, this blackout
is not in a localized area, therefore the term "world wide" is applicable in this situation.

However, a better thread title may have been "Major blackouts happening in localized
areas around the world".

Either way, the two get the point across. It's just the fact that the original thread title
is much more sensational.

fake innocence. why reason with a faker. no further comment with you.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hope you are wrong. I will be the first to know. I am sitting in an electrical substation with a transformer oil filtering rig, filtering a large transformer. So far I have not heard any unusual sounds coming from the transformer, any type of surges I can hear the sound change. Just north of Columbus Ohio. Will let you know if anything changes.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I don't know, why am I trying to reason with a faker?

Why can't you explain how all these blackouts were caused by a geomagnetic storm that hadn't even reached earth yet?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by karega
Hope you are wrong. I will be the first to know. I am sitting in an electrical substation with a transformer oil filtering rig, filtering a large transformer. So far I have not heard any unusual sounds coming from the transformer, any type of surges I can hear the sound change. Just north of Columbus Ohio. Will let you know if anything changes.

OMG don't worry about updating us if you hear the sound change lol or your next post will read like this

" I'm staring to .......BBBBZZZZZZZZZZZAZZZZZZZZTTTTT " smoking hair and all !
JK JK good luck out there

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by karega

Thanks buddy keep us updated...

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

^ agree. i dont believe the notion that a G4 can't cause any power outages yet that a G5 readily can.

i mean, where is threshold in between, anyways let alone the logic. its an aritrary, progressive point from geomag activity to geomag storm.

mentions 'geosynchronous satellites could therefore be directly exposed to solar wind plasma and magnetic fields'

wonder what that means and if solar flare (or geomag activity/storm?) can affect geosynchronous satellites. (the geosynchronous part is screamin yes!)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karega

Make yourself comfy, you're there for your whole shift.
Activity has gone way down.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karega

The geomagnetic storm is subsiding now...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
BTW, I just wanted to mention that I live in Ottawa Canada, one of the alleged regions with power outages. Needless to say, my power is on and nothing out of the ordinary has occurred.
edit on 26-9-2011 by L00kingGlass because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Why not do some research (and I don't mean on youtube)?
You might be able to answer some of your questions and learn a few other things in the process.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

edit on 26-9-2011 by bottleslingguy because: stupid comment

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
good point. to clarify, there have been very recent outages in both Ottawa, IL & Ottawa, CA

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

see respective links if needed, with date & # customers affected:

hydroottawa.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Incorrect.

Electrical and electronic devices are not affected by CMEs or geomagnetic storms. Only long conductors (powerlines, pipelines) are affected by the fluctuations of the magnetic field. Unless the devices are plugged in and turned on at the time, the resulting power surges cannot affect them.

edit on 9/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by karega

,Certain things happen for a certain reason,not all geomagnetic storms produce outages,or interfering with electrical grids,but the problem it's that outages from EMP start many days ago and will continue for the coming days with or without CME,the first effect for long term will be headache,if make a map oh the outages you will see them happening after a certain path!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ignant

Why not do some research (and I don't mean on youtube)?
You might be able to answer some of your questions and learn a few other things in the process.

why don't you? i mean, i'm pointing out that you recently implied G5 could produce outages but G4 cant.

and, that's your advice in response, seriously?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

WHEW!!! thanks I was worried there for a minute

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

why don't you? i mean, i'm pointing out that you recently implied G5 could produce outages but G4 cant.

and, that's your advice in response, seriously?

Please point out exactly where I implied that.

Yes, that's my advice. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
BTW, I just wanted to mention that I live in Ottawa Canada, one of the alleged regions with power outages. Needless to say, my power is on and nothing out of the ordinary has occurred.
edit on 26-9-2011 by L00kingGlass because: Grammar

I guess ATS will wait until they garner some more page views before this gets dumped to HOAX?

Seriously, I'm asking.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

You don't get it do you?

All those power outages occurred BEFORE the geomagnetic storm reached earth.

Do you understand what is being said here?

Power Outages.

Before.

Geomagnetic Storm.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
power outages in Ottawa Canada?

I live here and I am typing on my computer and have been all day long.

I call this BS

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join