It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 27th is an important date for other reasons(trivia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this whole September 27th thing. Most likely, and hopefully, nothing will happen, but it IS an important date for other things. Even though there were many things that happened on that day in history, here are some highlights.EDIT NOTE - this is just for trivia. I am not implying anything.

In 1822, Jean-François Champollion announces that he has deciphered the Rosetta stone.
www.britishmuseum.org...

Sept 27, 1888. In the midst of the “Autumn of Terror” in which London, England, was convulsed over the crimes of a brutal serial killer, the city’s Central News Agency received a letter written in red ink purporting to be written by the killer. He dubbed himself “Jack the Ripper” and threatened more killings. Police at the time believed (and most historians today believe) the letter to be a hoax by an irresponsible journalist, but the name took hold in the public imagination and is forever associated with the Whitechapel murders of 1888. See also: “Whitechapel Murders Begin: Anniversary”

1905 – The physics journal Annalen der Physik published Albert Einstein's paper "Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy Content?", introducing the equation E=mc².

1964 – The Warren Commission releases its report, concluding that Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone, assassinated President John F. Kennedy.

2003 – Smart 1 satellite is launched.

I am not stating in any way this is all connected, just putting out some dates that had great and interesting things happen on that particular day. If you interested, here are some other things to look at on that day throughout history:
www.answers.com...
edit on 25-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I like following specific dates
such as you have done. Interesting!

September 27, 1908 My Mothers Birthday
September 27 () My Husbands Birthday

I promised not to tell his age, might
make me look old.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by toothpastert
all those significant things u listed that happened on that date are irrelevant since u could probably pick any date and find the same if not more histological events. i don't know if the world will end or masses will die on oct 28 2011 nor does anyone else. since there's no way to prepare for something that noone knows what will happen then there's no point in worrying about something that u cant change might as well live for today not tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
On the 27th of last month I ate Muffins.

They were tasty Muffins...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by toothpastert

If you would have read the entire post, I never tried to correlate anything about the whole end of the world type scenario. Just interesting things that happened. Thank you for showing that to me however, and hopefully I added some more to the list. Its just a trivia thing. Lighten up and peace be to you

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
As the OP says its sorta
like a trivia game. Its neat
to see what happened
in the past from a date
such as your birthday, or
a date that keeps popping
up for whatever reason.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
all of these dates (in my opinion) are all false on purpose, to weaken expectations for the only date that ever mattered and that is oct 28.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

date that ever mattered and that is oct 28

May I ask why that is an important date
to you?

Never mind, I just thought of it,
edit on 25-9-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
sept 27 is the big day!!!
well on the evening of the 28th,(sundown) marks the beggining of the jewish new year - Rosh Hashanah. this celebrates,among other things,the creation of Adam&Eve. it is also a time for refection,and new begginings.
lots of people scared that something big(bad?!)will happen on tuesday,and wed. is the jewish new year! and its the birth day of man's (new?)creation!
things that make you go Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

top topics

join