It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats vrs Republicans : Conservatives vrs Liberals. Why all the hate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Humanity................
What makes one person lean to the left and another to the right?

Right now in the US we have (unfortunately) a two party system. Many people who do not agree totaly with one party may find themselves lumped into one or the other.

I will use myself as an example. I am a Conservative and many times I find myself labeled as a Republican even though there is little about the party I like. There are individuals in the party I can relate to but not the party as a whole.

I would like this thread to maybe help close the gap between INDIVIDUALS................ screw the parties.

I am a Conservative because I think people should be fiscally responsible.
I believe that if government would get out of the way we would and could take care of our own.
I believe that I am responsible for my family and their well being.
I believe that the only people who should have long term government assistance are the disabled and elderly.
I believe the tax code should be fair. Everyone should have to pay the same percentage of their income.
I believe that it is not the governments responsibility to take from one and give to another.
I believe that illegal aliens broke the law by entering the country illegally.

lastly,

I believe in humanity.
I believe that given the chance as INDIVIDUALS we will do the right things. The things that need to be done without government interference. If my neighbor is in trouble, if I am able I will help him, not because the government made me do it but because it is the right thing to do.

As I said, many times we get stuck with a label, our Party lines become Trip Wires. But are we really so different?
I think the biggest differences are our thoughts on Personal Responsibility and our trust in humanity.

What beliefs do you hold that might stick you in one party or the other? And why do you think we are so divided?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You'll probably get flamed before the thread is over for being a conservative or republican if only by default. But I gave you a star and a flag and it doesn't even matter if I agree with you on one single thing or not. If I do, or if I don't, its no reason to hate you.

Its actually kinda scary to think the election is still a year away and there is all this rage at "the other side" floating around. What's it going to be like close election time. Bands of roving democrat and republican gangs running around trying to kill each other?

Geeze.

Grow up.

Somebody thinks something different than you do. Big deal. Chances are they just want what is best for themselves, their loved ones and their country - same as you. They just have a different idea what that might be. It doesn't make them a bad person.

But, if you hate them because they think differently than you - it may very well make you a bad person.

Disclaimer - above rant aimed at nobody in particular & everyone in general.

edit on 25-9-2011 by Frogs because: edit..

edit on 25-9-2011 by Frogs because: Sam Adams Octoberfest is good beer.

edit on 25-9-2011 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Here we go again...

The flaming will start in 3...2...1.

I would say though, that there are people who are to steadfast in the belief that they are right.

And you are wrong.

It'll never change.
edit on 25-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Divide and conquer. Hell of an effective tactic.

If you are too busy arguing with someone of a different political stance, you won't be paying attention to what really matters.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Conservatives and liberals are both devils. The right position is somewhere in the middle.

But taking the two extremes into consideration, its hard for anyone (except the rich and the conned-deluded-religious nutters) to argue that the conservatives are definitely the worst of the two devils.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Good post frogs. Thanks for the reply

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Conservatives and liberals are both devils. The right position is somewhere in the middle.

But taking the two extremes into consideration, its hard for anyone (except the rich and the conned-deluded-religious nutters) to argue that the conservatives are definitely the worst of the two devils.

Care to elaborate on your thoughts of why conservatives are worse or liberals are better?
ETA:
I do not believe the groups as a whole are "devils", I do believe however that there are individuals on either side that could be considered as such.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Oh well, I guess some people would rather be tripped up by their party lines rather that discuss the matter rationally.
Too bad.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
im proud of the labels i carry on this site i wear them like badges of honor

i see no humanity or humility or humbleness in those who scream the right are devil incarnate as of late i have lost all respect for them

im a righjt winger and here me shout I AM DAMN PROUD OF IT dont like it who cares but them

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
People are truly different. I've grappled with this early on in my search for political affiliation...there are just people that disagree on how things should be done.

I can sort of agree with you on some of your points but, we'll disagree with how we should get there. The "hate" comes from one side or the other absolutely believing that their way is the way to do things...everything would be better if we just did everything their way.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
As long as people don't go to the extreme ends of the political spectrum then I don't really have a problem. There are good things from both left and right ideologies. I think the problem on ATS is that many of us misunderstand opposing views.

I may lean further to the left , but I am no communist the same way as the right wingers on here are not fascist or corporatists, yet these are the insults we fling at each other.

there are some on here who blame the left for all the bad things in the world and others who blame the right for all the problems in the world, I think it would be fair to say both the left and right ideologies have been equally damaging to the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
There is no difference between the parties.This left/right scam has been killing the country for years now and it seems that there is no end in sight,all the hatred and blame games keeps people locked into this joke of a political system while fooling them into throwing away money and votes.The biggest tragedy to me is the fact that when one side "wins" these supporters are shocked that nothing has changed and the same agenda from the previous administration is still being followed.Look at the transition from Bush to Obama need I say more?

Ps:I feel sorry for anybody who still believes their vote counts.

edit on 043030p://1626 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

top topics

join