It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben "Big Brother" Bernanke Goes Watergate, Prepares To Eavesdrop On Everything Mentioning The Fed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Ben "Big Brother" Bernanke Goes Watergate, Prepares To Eavesdrop On Everything Mentioning The Fed

www.zerohedge.com...

the Federal Reserve...is requesting the creation of a "Social Listening Platform" whose function is to "gather data from various social media outlets and news sources." It will "monitor billions of conversations and generate text analytics based on predefined criteria....The solution must be able to gather data from the primary social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Forums and YouTube.."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/25/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Sep 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
To sum up, the Fed is looking to monitor opinions about the Fed on the internet. Including FORUMS. Which, presumably, would include ATS.

So the Fed is not content to print money with abandon and lobby for the taxpayer funded bailout of their bankster buddies. Now they want to make sure that we LIKE IT. "Please sir, may I have another?"

OK, Ben, I will save you the trouble of collecting "analytics," for this citizen at least, and tell you flat out what I think of you and your criminal buddies -- Your bankster friends are scumbags far worse than the most egregious inner-city-project welfare cases, because you take the tax dollars of hard-working Americans and funnel it into bonuses, while they at least confine their welfare purchases to groceries. You yourself are printing money and contributing to the decline of America and the debasement of what was once the world's top-shelf currency. You are blood-sucking parasitic scumbags who need to be desposed of, much as my country mother would dispose of a fat tick. You are absolute dirt and you deserve the harshest penalties imaginable. And you can kiss my ***, you snotty pile of wortheless human garbage.

That clear enough for you, you greasy piece of filth?

Zero hedge
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/25/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Okay, let's help them out.
END THE FED. END THE FED.
GO RON PAUL.
RON PAUL WILL END THE FED.
LET'S PUT BERNANKE IN PRISON.

A thousand points of light shining on Bernanke, all mounted to high powered rifle.

How's that?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

So, reading between the lines there, I'm guessing you don't like the guy.

Seriously though, well said.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
got a better link? I went on zerohedge, can't find it.

here you go - www.zerohedge.com... (click on the top search result)

Yeah, it's time to

End The Fed!

(where's MessOnTheFed when you need him/her?)
edit on 25-9-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Huh...the link in the OP takes me to the article, anyway...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I love the fed.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
the fed knows damn well that they're not liked. They also realize that most people are so dumb, that they're not even aware of it's existence and it's history.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Welcome to the internet crushing fifties intelligence on domestic wherewithall...Down live the Fed...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So they are starting to make a list of people that could cause them problems?

I too love the Fed! Long live Bernanke! ... Please don't kill me.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunderOK, Ben, I will save you the trouble of collecting "analytics," for this citizen at least, and tell you flat out what I think of you and your criminal buddies -- Your bankster friends are scumbags far worse than the most egregious inner-city-project welfare cases, because you take the tax dollars of hard-working Americans and funnel it into bonuses, while they at least confine their welfare purchases to groceries. You yourself are printing money and contributing to the decline of America and the debasement of what was once the world's top-shelf currency. You are blood-sucking parasitic scumbags who need to be desposed of, much as my country mother would dispose of a fat tick. You are absolute dirt and you deserve the harshest penalties imaginable. And you can kiss my ***, you snotty pile of wortheless human garbage.

That clear enough for you, you greasy piece of filth?

Hmmm...I get the impression that you aren't a fan of them

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I say we make it very easy for them and reject the notion that a program be implemented that will undoubtedly cost several million dollars. Yeah, I know the fed could just print up some more to cover it, but that is not the point.

Why don't we(the citizens) create a website for the sole purpose of giving the feds what they want and it does not have to cost the people anything. A one stop shop for all the info they are requesting so that all they have to do is visit the website themselves.

Maybe the admins here could go ahead and gather some data and willingly submit it to the feds as to the current views of the Federal Reserve just from this site alone.

I say head them off at the pass and make the info they are seeking readily available to them.

I think if utilized properly this site alone could yield some very interesting data statistics and I for the most part would like to see some of the data that is gleaned from this site to be put to some good use.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I love the fed.

You forgot the rest......

"I for one welcome our Federal Reserve Bank Overlords" and then add quickly... "and their breath is minty fresh, and their shirts are always so well tailored!"

On a serious note... when a "quasi-governmental" agency (which is another way to say "legislated monopoly") begins to engage in civilian intelligence gathering... how far from "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" have we come?

... and how many do you think will see this as more important than say .... Professional sports entertainment?
edit on 26-9-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

... and how many do you think will see this as more important than say .... Professional sports entertainment?

I can't believe the NFL results this week. Good thing I have that to occupy myself with. For a second there, I thought everybody was mad at the Fed.

Bernanke is the greatest. He is such an honest, swell guy... that is making the world a better place...

edit on 26-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ben Bernanke is a tool. He only has power because we give him permission to have that power.
So, Bernanke should understand that we no longer give him permission.
YES, Bernanke, people will die as a result of your actions. But, you will also die by your own actions.
I can honestly say, in front of God almighty and ATS, that Bernanke will die as a result of his own actions.
Karma is a mother#er.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

On a serious note... when a "quasi-governmental" agency (which is another way to say "legislated monopoly") begins to engage in civilian intelligence gathering... how far from "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" have we come?

I have a feeling Jefferson wouldn't have been big on this idea...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
once they gather the information..... what exactly do they plan on doing with it?? ??

they must feel threatened that their stranglehold on the US is in danger of being taken away by "we the people" i say we get on the list and make their fears come true at the same time.

unbelievable .

new topics

top topics

join