It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religous conflicts solved by disclousure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The other day I was thinking about how it would have been to be a terrorist growing up as a child, being schooled in the ways of life after death. How they were brainwashed about what it's like after you die. The virgins and all that sorta stuff they were told would come to them after serving. Then I thought they must obviously believe this information to be true, otherwise why do whatever it is they were told to do. Suicide bombings, airplane crashing kinda stuff.

Now, if a country such as the USA showed the entire world, (especially these types of countries that raise kids to believe such crap), if they showed the world undeniable truth of alien existance, wouldnt that show these terrorist that they've been lied to their entire lives, and perhaps they shouldn't do what they were going to to?

Proof of alien life would ravage their beliefs, and IMO, be the key to stopping alot of potential terrorist attacks. Possibly even uniting us all.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Even if there was extraterrestrial life how would that take god out of the equation? This statement has been made before that these things would make a belief in god obsolete, but i dont see how, if god made humans whos to say he didnt make other races on other planets also? So the answer is no, it would not change anything.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yeah, have to agree there, aliens and God aren't mutually exclusive.
...though personally I don't believe that ETs exist... I believe alien phenomena are the result of... well, Genesis 6... where fallen angels messed with women to create Nephilim.
but that's another story entirely.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Proof of alien life would ravage their beliefs, and IMO, be the key to stopping alot of potential terrorist attacks. Possibly even uniting us all.

No, because then there would be alien terrorists targeting humans, and human terrorists targeting aliens, etc., etc...

edit on 25-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The fact that theres no mention of beings from other planets in the bible IS why. If god also created them, surely it wouldnt be omitted from the bible. Hence the beliefs are wrong, and if they realize there beliefs are wrong, then theyd see the real light, and know theyve been decieved all their lives. And as such, theyd cut the sh!t.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
The fact that theres no mention of beings from other planets in the bible IS why. If god also created them, surely it wouldnt be omitted from the bible. Hence the beliefs are wrong, and if they realize there beliefs are wrong, then theyd see the real light, and know theyve been decieved all their lives. And as such, theyd cut the sh!t.

Hang on, you will be correct shortly by somebody mentioning the "many mansions," part of the script if not other instances.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Aliensun because: word change

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If their tech is good enough to get them here....and they have studied us and our ways.

Who's to say that they wouldn't pick a religion to mimic and decend upon us as "Angels".

Maybe even vengeful ones?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If by discosure,you mean, revelation,/revealing,,
u sat disclosure,,i say revelation,
so ya,,
"Religous conflicts solved by disclousure?"

absolutely,,

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Hang on, you will be correct shortly by somebody mentioning the "many mansions," part of the script if not other instances.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Aliensun because: word change

the verse regarding "many mansions" is a specific reference to heaven... and not to anything else. It's derived from the jewish tradition of the bridegroom leaving the bride, and going to his father's house to prepare a room for them to live in. You can't really interpret that any other way, unless you're both creative and intellectually dishonest

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think an alien race would probably have their own God/gods and we'd probably end up fighting them about it, too. After all.....we're human.

edit on 25-9-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: grrrrr

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There is MORE proof for Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer's existence than there is for any of the asinine characters of religion.

Even if there WERE 'aliens' or disclosure or whatever nonsense one calls it, the deluded religous folks will STILL hold onto their adult fairy tales.

Nothing penetrates THOSE thick skulls.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

There was no mention of planes or cars but they don't disprove anybody. If an author of a religious text saw visions of aliens, they would be described as crazy looking angels and strange objects. There's plenty of that in just about every religion. Fundamental religious people have a conspiracy theory mentality and will simply widen the goal posts to include them.

Of course, many texts could be directly interpreted as having to do with aliens. I can't possibly think of anything we could discover that would "disprove" the notion of God. Not even a planet-sized billboard on Pluto saying "There is no god".

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

I agree with you wholeheatly there are mentions of aliens all through the Bible but they are earth beings that have not accepted Jesus Christ, which puts you in the Kingdon of GOD. The muslimes think Jesus will come back with Mahommad.

Ephesians 2:18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

the bible fails to mention :

potatoes

kangaroos

draw your own conclusions

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by BrnBdry

the bible fails to mention :

potatoes -----> refrain from strong drink

kangaroos ----> "all the weights of the bag are his work."
would include,, baby kangaroos,, and most marsupials,,

Proverbs 16:11 King James Version (KJV)

11A just weight and balance are the LORD's: all the weights of the bag are his work.
------------------------------------------

draw your own conclusions

its possable

edit on 25-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The fact that theres no mention of beings from other planets in the bible IS why.

1. It's foolish to think that there are no aliens.

2. How is it that one book (The Bible) is the basis on the universe?

3. What if the God of the Bible is an alien?

4. It's still foolish to think that there are no aliens.

/end thread

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well it depends on what kind of disclosure it is and the agenda behind it. The one that is possibly coming won't solve humanities problems only increase them.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Except that the bible is loaded with discussion of beings who come down to earth from the heavens, ride across the sky on fiery craft, and blast off into the heavens on "a pillar of cloud." There is far more detail than that in the bible that, to me, seems far more likely to be discussing physical beings who came down from the sky than spiritual beings. I'm a Christian who, for years before I discovered Zecharia Sitchin, and others who put forth the "aliens in the Bible" theory, had thought on my own that that is exactly what the Bible was describing.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I don't get this place, I really don't. It seems like people here only want to disagree.

If the existance of aliens would "destroy religion" as is frequently said here in the united states, then why wouldn't it do it elsewhere?

Seriously, people. Oh and don't ask me to show links to my quote. You've all heard it. Don't act like you haven't.

What is your thoguth proces after reading the op? Something like this?

"heres a guy with a logical solution" "the existance of aliens disclosed to teh world WOULD effect religion" "perhaps it would indeed bring some change to the thought process of terrorists who believe in their god" "maybe seeing proof of aliens WOULD make them question their god" "i wish i had thought of this"

If someone like phage posted this idead, 100+ stars, flags galore.

Only thing that makes sense is that the people who replied in this thread, are bible thumpers out to make the idea look foolish, cause there's no aliens, but however there's demons, right? Right.....!

new topics

top topics

join