It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God gave up the right to punish along with dominion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
God gave up the right to punish along with dominion.

God, in Eden, gave man dominion over the whole earth and all the entities on it.

Some also believe that Satan was given dominion here. If the temptation of Jesus is believed to have literally happened then this supports the notion that Satan has dominion or the temptation was a farce that Jesus would have seen through. He did not deny Satan’s dominion.

If God gave dominion to man and it was somehow transferred to Satan, then God would have giving up any right that he would have to punish anyone here because he does no longer had dominion here.

As above so below indicates that if he can punish us and basically usurp the sovereignty of Satan or man, then this policy is what man should follow. This says that some other country coming to enforce their laws in our countries, would be allowed and proper. I cannot see any country allowing this and if they cannot, then God also cannot.

God is shown quite often as coming to earth and enforcing his laws. Sodom and the genocide in Noah’s day are prime examples of his doing so.

My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word that has gone out of my lips.
—Psalm 89:34

Who has dominion on earth?
Does God have a right to enforce his law?
If so, why?
If not, then is he breaking his own word?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

That would make a great book or film.

Set in a courtroom where the defendant "Adam" has his life on trial. Multiple flashbacks as the trial goes on.

Jeb is the defending attorney while Lucius is the Prosecuter.

And you never know that it's mankind on trial until the end.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hello, Greatest I am,

I hope you haven't given up on the Original Sin thread, I thought we had the start of a good conversation.

There's a lot we can agree on in this thread.

God, in Eden, gave man dominion over the whole earth and all the entities on it.
Fine.

Some also believe that Satan was given dominion here
Yep, I'm still with you.

He did not deny Satan’s dominion.

God is shown quite often as coming to earth and enforcing his laws. Sodom and the genocide in Noah’s day are prime examples of his doing so.
Perfect harmony between us.

My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word that has gone out of my lips.
—Psalm 89:34
We're still solid.

But from here on I think we have a difference in the interpretation of the word "dominion." May I give you an example? A while back I had a company. It had a special mission and was not in the normal chain of command. My boss was the division commander, and he left us pretty much alone. I had dominion over the men in my company, but I could be overridden if the general came down. I also had no control over the men in other units.

Isn't the world more like that? Satan has dominion over the world, but can be controlled (see Job). And, as you pointed out, God can do what he wants down here. The whole new Testament is full of God smiting here, and leading there. Not much sign of Satan telling Him "No."

As above so below indicates that if he can punish us and basically usurp the sovereignty of Satan or man, then this policy is what man should follow. This says that some other country coming to enforce their laws in our countries, would be allowed and proper. I cannot see any country allowing this and if they cannot, then God also cannot.
This is tough for me, too. "As above, so below?" I'm not sure I agree with that. Who is the one person on earth that everybody worships and praises continually, "as above?"

Anyway, nice to talk with you again.

Charles1952

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The People.
Jesus became like God and gave all his fellows that god-likeness.
That was the Son of Man who was as the Ancient of Days who could then bestow gifts to those who are awaiting him. Jesus broke the dominion of whatever gods or satans were taking possession of the world and stealing it away from us.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
God may have given dominion here to man but he still has dominion over man. That is why he can enforce his rules. And once you realize that God and Satan are but two faces of the same coin, then you will know why Satan has dominion wherever God has dominion. It is all part of the ying yang, or "as above so below".

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

. . .God and Satan are but two faces of the same coin. . .
I wonder if you ever met God, and if you have, did you ask him which face He was wearing that day. I'm not trying to be funny but what exactly do you know about God? Whatever it is, I wish you would share that information. I would like to know something about God, too.
My experience with persons who were what I would consider to be sent by God as angels, seemed remarkably human-like, as far as how they looked and how they sounded. Having met these, I make the, what seems to me, logical step to assume that there was a someone who sent them. I have seen the invisible hand of a god do things and experienced things done to and for me, but these in themselves are only signs of a direction in how things happen, but without an explanation of purpose other than on a limited scale.
Those events happened as they did, as it appears to me, because there were situations where it would have been impossible to have them happen otherwise. In situations where it is possible to happen through human agency, we as those humans, have a responsibility to carry them out. We ourselves take the roles of gods.
edit on 26-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

In your company scenario, you were given a chiefdom of a province, not dominion over all the way man was.

A country only has one king and if some other usurper, even the old king, tries to dole out his law, the new king will quickly tell the usurper where to go and woe be those who are on the usurpers side.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The People.
Jesus became like God and gave all his fellows that god-likeness.
That was the Son of Man who was as the Ancient of Days who could then bestow gifts to those who are awaiting him. Jesus broke the dominion of whatever gods or satans were taking possession of the world and stealing it away from us.

I agree with your choice but not how we got it.

We took dominion with our natural free will.
Free will is something that we take. Freedom cannot be given unless it was somehow held back in the first place
You have the freedom as we speak to go out and kill someone. It is a freedom that you do not take.
See what I mean?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand
God may have given dominion here to man but he still has dominion over man. That is why he can enforce his rules. And once you realize that God and Satan are but two faces of the same coin, then you will know why Satan has dominion wherever God has dominion. It is all part of the ying yang, or "as above so below".

Which means that man was not given dominion.
That would leave man without the option of doing his will instead of the will of God.
Little more than a slave.

Right back to God's idea of free will. ------- Do things my way or burn forever in hell.
A threat. Not free will at all.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

join