It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"weve lost our way..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I ran into this 8- part video interview with a U.S. Army Col. Lawrence Wilkerson.
A U.S. army officer; Staff war college "intellectual" who served as deputy executive officer to Gen Colin Powell during the neo-con years in the pentagon, and was involved on his (Powells') team in the state department for the selling of the Iraq war to the u.n.and the us.

I am posting as an American; this will provide plenty of ammunition for the conservative/republican haters onboard; I was no fan of gw bush after the patriot act.
but I feel the interview is important in its own right: ( even if it adds ammunition to the liberal "hate fests" that regularly occur here).

Col Wilkerson provides a highly critical insiders look at the formation of American policy during the Bush years.From a top level military officer involved with both the military and civilian sides of govt.He goes into detail of what he saw in the way the war was"sold" and the danger of the resulting military industrial complex.

I was in Riyahd for the first gulf war. Gens. Powell and Schwartzkopf were both highly respected men of the time. I didn't believe alot of the pre war hype until Powell presented "evidence": to the general counsel.

Even then it was obvious(to me anyway) he was selling something he; himself wasn't really convinced (of);
but I respected Powell and figured if COLIN POWELL says we've gotta go" then perhaps there are other classified reasons "we've gotta go" invade Iraq.
(caveat

Anyway my spidey senses tell me the site(and interviewer) is strongly "left leaning";They also have ads for interviews with Gore Vidal; Howard Zinn and Noam Chomsky...

but Col Wilkerson's testimony and insight to the way high level govt operates speaks for itself.

I'm retired military(USAF); the military treated me well throughout my career; I used to heartily recommend it to any young person. but not since "911"; have I done so.

I had an "inkling" this is what we ( "our military") has become("corporate enforcers"), now I have some testimony to backup my fears.

Its in 8 parts in length; but "bookmark it" :it's worth the "rainy" Saturday or Sunday afternoon.I love my country but hate what "my" govt. has become..

part1:
therealnews.com...
part2
therealnews.com...
part3
therealnews.com...
part4:
therealnews.com...
part5:
therealnews.com...
part6:
therealnews.com...
part7:
therealnews.com...
part8:
therealnews.com...

edit on 25-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Very good interview. Definitely worth watching. I found it particularly interesting starting around Pt 4 and 5...

join