It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why is the US so interested in UFOs... if they don't believe they exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The US has always done a great job of covering up because of the fact that they had "time" to respond and put a cork on things and people. But nowadays, that is near to impossible. Even NASA transmissions are being heard worldwide by HAM operators realtime.. no censorship.

But the one thing that REALLY irks me are lies.. deceit.. and misinformation from our own government. Now, Im not saying we the people should be advised about everything that goes on, course not. What I am saying is why are you going to tell the world that you are no longer interested or are no longer investigating UFOs if you are? I mean you look like idiots.

Blue Book was closed because of the Condon Report. Ok we have our proof, UFOs dont exist end of story. The Air Force or DOD or NASA no longer investigate UFOs. So why is that when an incident occurs overseas we are immediately there trying to take control of the situation or are busy asking questions?

Example, even Nick Pope came out and said to the US when he was there why are you guys so interested in XX incident in our possession if you dont believe in UFOs or investigating?

My favorite has to be Ecuador. The CIA has been funding these covert operations and investigating UFOs along with a lot of other types of operations under their own governments noses. When the actual President found out about this recently, when Ecuador began to start their own disclosure, he immediately dismantled this little group of politicians in his government and told the CIA to go pound sand. We dont need your freaking money.. and dont need you running your own little operations here. The guy was truly ticked.

This is the kinda thing that makes the US look bad. Hey lets say we arent... but we keep a much lower profile in everyone elses country and continue things there where no one will find out, because these 3rd world countries want and need our help. Pffft. We are so arrogant, but the truth is this happens in every country I am sure. Ecuador was only one that came to light because the President was involved.

Just because the US is afraid of losing face.. and losing their "big bully" on the block status, because there are bigger bullies out there, is BS. We need to start following the steps the rest of the world is, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Belgium etc etc. Brazil even has their own, but are more discreet about information getting out.

Thats my rant.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well said, preach on brother.

I agree with everything you say.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by herruher

What you are saying is true but what you are missing that the official Goverment of America and other countrys are mostly fronts that control the masses with laws and taxes etc the people that are in the know are shadow government that dont require votes to have power. There will be indivduals that mingle with both to keep control hence a need to know basis, which itself is the way the power works.

With that in mind this strategie could have fallen between rouge groups without the government in control of the masses aware.

And looking at history we can speculate that the people with the most capital control, in a new way not taxing the people but keeping the knowledge for themselfs and funding this from many different ways from there agencys.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The US is not interested in UFO's, not at all. People are, and the world of entertainment most definitely are, but President Obama and Congress could careless. Fixing the problems on Earth is the utmost priority.

Also funny you mention Nick Pope, because UK MOD shut down the UFO research department.

BBC LINK

edit on 25-9-2011 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Gameoverman - I can assue you that any government is interested in UFO,s in fact if caught on radar it becomes very important.

The fact that UFO now generally means alien vechile to the public they cant officialy stand to debunk as they done in the past with the old Venus swamp gas exp.

As time moves on and catches the old explanations as rubbish the government must also change stance and say they no longer investigate this.

To add Dr Hynek who investigated ufos officialy for USA (Blue book) he was originally a skeptic and was encouraged to promote this idea by peers. After continued examination he changed his view due to similar testimonal evidence but more so from pressure put on him by others in the 'GOVERNMENT'
i highlight this because this is when the supposed majestic org were using this as there key cover.

All this evidence is there you just need to look

Peace to all

edit on 25-9-2011 by Whiteopz because: added info

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiteopz

Can you link a sighting where the Government took legitimate interest? Also please include a sighting where the Government admits and says something along the lines, "This is a confirmed Unidentified Object, and we are taking this to a high level of concern."

If anything I can remember if this statement ever came from someone official and not a Ufology government person, but anyways, I've heard this before:

"UFO's remain not of interest to us because they pose no threat. They are usually gone with in seconds for us to react to."

"The US Airforce assures me that UFO's pose no threat to National Security.."
--President John F Kennedy

That has been said numerous times.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Might I suggest that governments can be interested in UFO reports at the very least because of the >95% that are of prosaic origin and may include activities of genuine intelligence, law-enforcement, or even scientific interest?

Most specifically, my own research has convinced me that a significant fraction of reports have for decades been caused by foreign space and missile activity for which there was little other observational data. In the USSR, the major UFO flaps of the 1960s were caused by public misinterpretation of top secret Soviet space-to-ground nuclear warhead tests [no explosions, just reentries] and launches from the then-unacknowledged Plesetsk cosmodrome north of Moscow [eg, the 1978 'Petrozavodsk jellyfish]], and sub-launched missile tests from the White Sea [eg, the 1984 Minsk airliner case, 'exactly 4:10 AM' was the nickname of that one].

Once that can be demonstrated, US counter-intelligence agencies would HAVE to have realized that "two can play that game" and that Soviet agents could use US 'UFO reports' to detect indications of US secret aviation and space activities, among other things. That would then REQUIRE that US reports be watched as well to see what the Soviets might have learned from them, that we wouldn't want them to have learned -- but that we then REALLY needed to realize if they HAD learned them or not.

This is one kind of 'thing' those agencies did all the time -- and rightfully so.

And it has NO need to posit the existence, or even suspicion of existence, of genuinely anomalous stimuli.

NOT to have paid attention to public accounts of anomalous aerial apparitions would have been deliberately blinding onsself to potentially important -- even critical -- clues. Especially since there was a wide anxiety in the early 1950s that the Soviets could use 'UFO reports' as a camouflage for hostile aerial activity ranging from reconnaissance to nuclear attack.

edit on 25-9-2011 by JimOberg because: typos

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This topic has me laughing. The current agency that handles everything that is..."E.T."....as well as being in charge of diseminating and determining what recovered tech. maybe disclosed to companies who are specific in research and development to that particular recovered techs classification....as well as running...in conjunction with other various U.S. Intelligence agencies....a systematic process of rebuke, condemnation, coverup, debunking and many other forms of intimidation with or without mass media help...of anything that points to the existence of E.T.

The U.S. and it's agencies that control this tech and research are ANYTHING BUT....disinterested...nor are they stupid. They know EXACTLY what they are doing...and have been doing a VERY GOOD job for over half a century now.

You can't compare the U.S. to other countries as much as a person may consider this to be arrogant. The United States has responsibilities that go WAY BEYOND national security and as much as any country...third World or even our closest allies....may feel that the U.S. is acting like a bully.....when the $#!% hits the fan....where do you think all these countries go running for protection and answers?

Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Your example is very true but you miss the fact there are many documented examples from rader, from both sides that cannot be explained by missle launches etc

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
reply to post by Whiteopz

"The US Airforce assures me that UFO's pose no threat to National Security.."
--President John F Kennedy

That has been said numerous times.

Just because the Airforce tells him this.. doesnt make it true. What it does show is... lets use our voice of the people to assure calm in the world. (cause we really dont know wtf) One thing you need to remember here. JFK or ANY president, is not the government. The President is a symbol, a tool, a position. Perfect example would be as it was depicted in Independence Day, you mean to tell me Area 51 exists and no one told me about this? Why not? Plausible Deniability.

Dont ever think for one second that the President knows everything that is going on around him. He doesnt have a clue. Now if a President ever did make a big stink about it -- show me those files, show me the proof, let me see those aliens... depends on who he was asking on what would happen then.

I can see it now, no one wanting to take responsibility. Umm yeah sure Mr President let me contact XX and see what we can do. And the ball will get passed on to the next and the next.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
This topic has me laughing. The current agency that handles everything that is..."E.T."....as well as being in charge of diseminating and determining what recovered tech. maybe disclosed to companies who are specific in research and development to that particular recovered techs classification....as well as running...in conjunction with other various U.S. Intelligence agencies....a systematic process of rebuke, condemnation, coverup, debunking and many other forms of intimidation with or without mass media help...of anything that points to the existence of E.T.

The U.S. and it's agencies that control this tech and research are ANYTHING BUT....disinterested...nor are they stupid. They know EXACTLY what they are doing...and have been doing a VERY GOOD job for over half a century now.

You didnt name an agency.

And I think you missed my point. I agree with you 100%. My POINT is why state that they are not when they really are? Dont outright tell the public NO we could care less it doesnt bother us. But instead just keep it on the down low like... well we look into it from time to time kinda thing. Dont stand up on the podium and say We Dont Investigate this Anymore, and be more like, We delegate these sort of things out.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiteopz
reply to post by JimOberg

Your example is very true but you miss the fact there are many documented examples from rader, from both sides that cannot be explained by missle launches etc

I'm not arguing they all are. I'm saying that SOME of the reports, when properly understood, provide ALL the motivation needed for long-standing profound interest in 'UFO reports' by government entities.

What else they may find and what other reasons they may develop remains subject to discussion here.

But all the OP asked for was a reason for 'official interest' in the subject, as if that interest alone was PROOF there was something inexplicable about SOME reports.

I am arguing that this argument is specious.

That does NOT disprove the existence of anomalous stimuli.

ADD: May I suggest you are misusing the word 'fact' when what you are only justified in calling it is 'an interpretation that I want to believe'.
edit on 25-9-2011 by JimOberg because: ADD 'fact' misuse

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by herruher

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

You didnt name an agency.

And I think you missed my point. I agree with you 100%. My POINT is why state that they are not when they really are? Dont outright tell the public NO we could care less it doesnt bother us. But instead just keep it on the down low like... well we look into it from time to time kinda thing. Dont stand up on the podium and say We Dont Investigate this Anymore, and be more like, We delegate these sort of things out.

Because after WWII...the Goverment, Military and any other Agency of the United States was held in great respect and trust by it's citizens. This post war generation spread these ideals to the next generation and it was found out by these agencies that IF WE SAY IT IS OR ISN'T SO....THEY WILL BELIEVE US!

Later on....decades later...the citizens of the U.S. found that certain agencies and Military divisions had abused this trust that was hard earned by the sucessful planning of winning the wars as well as the vast economic wealth that the U.S. obtained as well as garnishing SUPER POWER STATUS.

This concept of simply TELLING THE PEOPLE....has yet to evolve even to this day and in reality...a large quantity of Americans still believe their officials. The thing is...and I of all people know this to be true...reguardless of the abuses and the lies....keeping E.T. under wraps is without a doubt...IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE and people worldwide as well. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

If UFO's posed a threat don't you think the Government would protect us? Anyways that would be an invasion situation, and that has not happened. What has happened are UFO sightings that pose no threat.

No one knows if the US has an interest in UFO's on the level it has an interest with The Middle East, Japan, Chile or any other significantly more important situation. If they do, then it's a secret organization. And who is that, the Majestic 12 or Illuminati? The Men in Black? Area 51?

What is a common UFO sighting? No sound, and doesn't linger for very long. "Or one hovers for hours...."

Anyway, what if our "UFO sightings" had the same affect as say an Earthquake? Or a natural disaster? But they don't, do they? 1000's of people don't die during a UFO sighting. Nothing really dangerous to the effect of destroying whole cities, happens during a UFO sighting.

The government doesn't really take that much interest in Aliens/Extra Terrestrials in general. We have excellent evidence indicating there is potential life in our Solar System. How are we moving along in those missions?

We are making excellent exoplanet discoveries, and how much would it cost to substantially upgrade our telescopes, at maybe getting a closer peak? How much to observe exoplanets closer than ever before in more detail?

The reality is the pace we are moving, most scientist say 20 years Alien/Extra Terrestrial life will be confirmed.

The LHC is about a 17 mile long facility, 560something feet underground? They recently just came to the possible results that neutrinos may move faster than light?

These testings are made public, so for a UFO cover up I'm assuming they have similar science experiments at this level happening already, or in the past? Really?

I did watch the National Geographic documentary on Area 51 and in the last 5 minutes, one of the ex-employees said, " Now we told you about 15% of what happened at Area 51...." So what are we suppose to believe?
edit on 25-9-2011 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

It's because the aliens leave so little evidence. Dr. Leo Sprinkle was abducted. He went on to examine the subconscious of the best abductee cases in the world. We don't know if they are real, they are of a higher intelligence, do not want to be known about, and they abduct people without giving them memory of the event, as Budd Hopkins said, "missing time" was involved.

The aliens came to the US. May have gone to the UK to form a couple of crop circles in the eearly beginning, around 2000 they started happening in Australia and Argentina, decreasing in the US, but starting fromt eh 40s they infiltrated US soils, set up bases and executed a grandscale operation for 50 years.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

GOM....There is only one card in the deck that the U.S. has to play for any small form of protection and it is slight at that. We have and do play one alien races interests against another race. This has resulted in stoping large flyovers of population centers or our countries capital...as occued with regularity in the 1950's by Alien craft.

It also brought to a minimum...abduction and experimentation of certain aspects of our population...but this has not stoped completely. This also allowed us to keep recovered Alien craft without repercusions as this was the reason and trigger for the mass flyovers of DC...look this up in old DC newspapers.

Think about it.....how do you suppose....or WHY....did these massive overflights simply...CEASE....and never occured again in that scale or maner or overt nature? It is because we MADE A DEAL! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Very interesting ideas Split and Game.

This makes a lot more sense towards the fact that since nothing has actually made the worldwide stage like a landing on the White House lawn, why bring it out into the public. No alien has directly declared war on us so we will concentrate on more pressing matters until then.

But in the meantime.. we will lay low and still investigate.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They do believe in them but lets put it this way .

The space race between the Soviet Union and the USA , each did their best to beat the other to the top of the podium to hold the trophy . Suddenly there was a third entry to the race as it were . The third entry not being from the earth and they had the best of anything thinkable . Would you show to your homies that your rocket ships sucked in comparison to #3 in the race ? ( hell no ) You would give it no thought , but like corporate espionage suggests , you observe and get as much info you can .

The competition #3 drives a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport: 267 mph, 0-60 in 2.4 secs. , and the others in the race drive

www.spinlife.com...

www.dft.gov.uk...

We the people want the Bugatti because the geriatric model blows the goat . So it's not like TPTB do not believe , it is just that they cannot make that leap to the slickest version out there . Until they can stop one in it's tracks , we have to settle for the scooter . Just trying to lighten the moment .

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
By the way...why do you think that U.S federal funding was ended for the SETI project? Why spend money on a project that searches for something that you already know exists! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Really cool stuff

new topics

top topics

join