It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD chief: Police could take down plane if needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The chief of the New York Police Department says city police could take down a plane if needed.

Commissioner Ray Kelly tells CBS' "60 Minutes" that after the Sept. 11 attacks, he decided the city couldn't rely on the federal government alone. He set about creating the NYPD's own counter-terrorism unit. He says the department is prepared for multiple scenarios and could even take down a plane.

Kelly didn't divulge details but said "obviously this would be in a very extreme situation."
news.yahoo.com...
www.nypost.com...

I'm not very knowledgeable about weapons, but I would think it would take rocket launchers to do this.Can they even take down a huge airliner? Idk.
Funny they say they can't rely on the government for protection. Maybe more and more are seeing it this way.
Or maybe the chief has some special interests in the contract with the weapons manufacturer.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

And the first think I think of is why tell
everyone now and where did the
funding come from? They have to
have heavy expensive equipment
to bring down a plane.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Um by the time they could actually bring a plane down ....

I assume it would be in .... NYC....

Essentially meaning that the plane would be shot down to avoid hitting a building, only to blow up and fall into buildings. Doesn't seem very logical to me.. perhaps they are just bluffing? And imagine the civil suits if NYPD just decided they better bring a plane down instead of letting the Federal agencies (or even state?) deal with the issue.

new topics

join