It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with relativity question: Has "Dingle's Question" ever been answered?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is all great stuff, but, how does it explain self awareness??? what process do we use to develop an understanding of how vibrational propagation develops into self identification?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

Wrong thread for that question, but you could start a new thread on that topic, or check out this thread:

Human consciousness is much more than mere brain activity
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
This is all great stuff, but, how does it explain self awareness??? what process do we use to develop an understanding of how vibrational propagation develops into self identification?

It is believed to be physics in its own right and dangerous also if mishandled
. Yes it better in a new thread to delve into this

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Mehcanical clocks of the day where never the same, set two identical clocks at the same time one will always run slow, now you have the atomic chock, in sync with internet time and still the clocks will run slow. 1 million clocks and they still are incorrect in the time they show, so why is the relativity question so important even the use of a time machine will never get you back unless they are in sync, one one sending you there and the sending you back, you don't want to arrive before you leave

edit on 24-10-2011 by bone13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ever wonder how the mission clocks where fine tuned on star trek, earth time when leaving earth, time at vulcan and the return trip home all the same time in hours, minutes, seconds

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

see my reply above.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bone13
Mehcanical clocks of the day where never the same, set two identical clocks at the same time one will always run slow, now you have the atomic chock, in sync with internet time and still the clocks will run slow. 1 million clocks and they still are incorrect in the time they show
True but the errors now seems to be getting so small it's incredible: '

www.atomic-clock.galleon.eu.com...

The second is defined as 9,192,631,770 periods of the caesium-133 atom, and is currently realised at NPL to an accuracy of one second in 15 million years.
Scientists are currently working on technology to increase this accuracy to 1 second in 10 billion years.

I won't be around in 15 million years or a billion years to see if they are one second off, and who will, so how will they know if they've made the improvement from 1 second in 15 million to 1 second in 10 billion years?

Originally posted by bone13
Ever wonder how the mission clocks where fine tuned on star trek, earth time when leaving earth, time at vulcan and the return trip home all the same time in hours, minutes, seconds
I did notice that Roddenberry came up with the term "star date" which they seemed to mention in the captain's log, which I assumed was not the same as "Earth date". But synchronizing clocks with Earth could be tricky after you've been gallivanting around the galaxy.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I'm back!

reply to post by CLPrime

Well picture this.

You take a board cutting an end off and the corresponding ends of the other two dimensions are cut sanctimoniously. The top and side of the board are being cut as all three dimensions are on the same plane.

Randall-Sundrum Model

Well picture this.

You take a board cutting an end off and the corresponding sides of the other two dimensions are cut sanctimoniously. The top or bottom and one side of the board are being cutoff too as all three dimensions are on the same plane.

Maybe the model could be found in a commutative ring.

With this you could turn this physical universe inside out. Right becomes left, up becomes down and forward becomes backwards. All connected. As you know the faster you move across space the slower through time you travel so why would anything else be different? Gravity could work the same way where convex becomes concave, a geometrical course of travel. A vortex that is turned around. Two funnels that are overlapped in opposite directions. After all gravity works the same no matter what the angle of approach is by two bodies. This means the overlapping opposing funnels, inverted vortexes to one another in all directions within the sense of three dimensions, act on one another as a gateway to its opposing planes in the opposing dimensions. Our three dimensions may have an opposite corresponding plane in another universe.

Think of matter depressing the fabric of space like an object placed on a think piece of foam rubber. I'm sure you have seen that demonstration. Now think of the depression fluting out in all possible positions 360 x 360 degrees. Now turn all 129,600 positions and all in between inside out. Invert them. Picture the Star of David.

If you take a funnel and spin it where the narrow end is pointed out placing a ball on the edge of the rim, the ball will move to the center of course. The walls of the funnel are simply the the two opposing dimensions overlapping one another. Being actually a cylinder with a cone inside it, but each are the interior cone depending on the relative perspective of the observer, what dimension one is occupying. So in a sense both universes have the same laws of physics if you are observing from within, but both are opposite observing the other dimension from without. In using simple math as an example, 3+7 = 10 and 7+ 3 = 10 or whatever two sets of values have the same sum.

As far as the Randell-Sunderum model goes my answer I guess would be.... I have no idea. I believe space and time are warped however space/time, our space and time, conforms as a single piece within a larger model. Like a single piece in a Chines three dimensional block puzzle Each set of dimensions make up a single block of an entire super universe. If the total is 11 then so be it. I think its possible that is. With that said I believe the pieces are overlapped, integrated in a transposed balance of equilibrium so to speak.

------------------

Arbitrageur, that's a really long video. I'll get to watching it maybe tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I have the perfect mind model that just popped into my head, CLP.

Think of the dance between this universe and our corresponding opposite universe by envisioning a wall of cones that are stacked together in alternating directions. Now envision the wall in a continuous figure eight. Cancel out the idea of the collision that would occur at the intersection, just imagine that they pass through each other. The two radius wheels that the wall of cones turnaround on in a figure eight pattern operate on the same laws of physics. However the two opposing sides of cones flip their mechanics as they change their directions. Now fold the figure eight into one radius. Out become in and vise versa. In a transposed universe of this universe combined with an opposite universe gravity becomes understood as a simple force of centripetal motion, or centrifugal depending on your perspective. Just drop a anything into any of the cones. They will all function the same no matter which one is chosen on either side of the wall. All will attract matter and energy, all will expel matter and energy, bend matter and energy on a trajectory within a vortex that does both, attract or expel depending on velocity and angle. Because gravity and centrifugal are the same force. they are just inverted from one another. Gravity is motion.

Which way to you fold the figure eight? What side do you fold over to the other in other words. Does it cause all the cones to expel matter and energy or attract it? Does it even matter? Nope.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join