It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi everyone. I saw something odd last night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hi, this is my first post here. I've lurked this forum a bit before, but decided to sign up today to report a sighting I've had.

Quick paragraph about myself: I consider myself a 'rationalist', i.e. someone who is generally skeptical about most things. I'm not religious or superstitious in any way. My beliefs about the natural world tend to conform closely to whatever the scientific consensus is. I'm an atheist and materialist. I don't believe 9/11 was an inside job. I eat a lot of potato.

Anyway, here's was happened to me yesterday.

Whilst a passenger in a car traveling from Milton Keynes to Cambridge at about 1:00am, I spotted several blue lights arranged in a circle around a central light (also blue) as if attached to a very large rotating disk. The lights were 'soft' -- actually very blurred -- as if shining through a layer of cloud, and were very dim. The disk appeared to be slowly wobbling and casting horizontal rays of blue light. There was no visible 'body'; just lights. That's not to say that it didn't have a body; just that it was too dark to make out any structure, and it looked as if it was in a cloud anyway. The image disappeared and reappeared repeatedly approximately six or seven times -- off and on for about 5 to 10 seconds each. It took up a fairly large portion of my visual field -- the thing was huge. Despite its size though, it was not all that noticeable because it was quite dim, but once I did notice it, it was easy to make out. I made sure to check that it was not a reflection in the window.

I assumed that the lights were being projected onto the cloud from somewhere on the ground, and this remains the most likely explanation. On many occasions while looking out across the countryside at night I've seen several shafts of blue light cast into the sky and rotating. I've never known what this is, but I've thought it must be a light display during some sort of outdoor event. Naturally I assumed I was seeing a similar thing, however there were no shafts of light visible; though you wouldn't expect there to be unless the air was misty. It should still have been possible though to determine the direction from which the light was being projected into the cloud, yet this was not evident. In fact it would be impossible to cast an image onto a cloud unless the cloud was extremely dense or very far away (requiring very powerful lasers), as the light would surely stretch out into shafts rather than producing a well defined shapes on the cloud (actually the image was extremely blurry, so I still think it might have been a projection). It really did look as if the lights were inside the cloud and shining undirected (i.e. not like lasers).

The image (whether it be a projection or a real object) appeared to be traveling in the same direction as the car at roughly the same speed, and was very large and quite near. During the time it was visible (around thirty seconds to a minute), we had traveled quite a distance; it had therefore moved too far to have been projected from the ground (at least without severe skewing and dimming as it moved further away from the source).

I never saw it shoot off at high velocity or anything like that; the lights just went out a final time and didn't come back on. Had the lights been a projection from the ground, the alternating on/off cycles could be explained as gaps in the cloud, but if this were true, the lights would disappear/reappear gradually from front to back instead of suddenly, all at once.

There were four other people in the car who I think, apart from the driver, were asleep. I didn't bother to mention what I was seeing until it was too late. This is because I was convinced it was just some sort of light display, but upon reflection, and for reasons I've mentioned, it probably wasn't.
edit on 25-9-2011 by ElmussaDamori because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElmussaDamori
Whilst a passenger in a car traveling from Milton Keynes to Cambridge at about 1:00am,

Yesterdays thread about the same thing in Northampton last night.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-9-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yeah, sounds like it could have been the same thing. Thanks

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ElmussaDamori

Hi ElmussaDamori, this is the introductions forum, it is for member introductions only.

Please add you thoughts, opinion and story to the already ongoing thread linked above thanks.

You are more than welcome to make a new intro thread that is about you if you wish.

Thread closed
Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

top topics

join