It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case for Satan (Let the Defense speak)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
The OP speaks as if satan is Jesus. The Holy Bible did not stop at the Old Testament, old testament means exactly that, the OLD law.

We have many NEW laws now. NONE of us were alive during the old testament days. We do not know anything about them besides what we read. This is simply history.

The fact that the OP does not talk about Jesus Christ says a lot. Where does Jesus fit in in the OP's post?? Christians worship JESUS and do not adhere to any old testament laws.

The Old Testament requires sacrifices to get close to God, does the New Testament ask people to do that? NO.

I worship Jesus Christ, i do not worship the Lord God.

Hey OP, repent and stop your non-sense before you end up with the same fate as satan.
edit on 9/27/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: is

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

reply to post by ButterCookie

so you won't answer or address ANY of the topics i discussed?? Please answer at least one of them.

I did. Re read my answer.

No you did not. Where did you get the idea humans were slaves created to mine gold

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The OP speaks as if satan is Jesus. The Holy Bible did not stop at the Old Testament, old testament means exactly that, the OLD law.

We have many NEW laws now. NONE of us were alive during the old testament days. We do not know anything about them besides what we read. This is simply history.

The fact that the OP does not talk about Jesus Christ says a lot. Where does Jesus fit in in the OP's post?? Christians worship JESUS and do not adhere to any old testament laws.

The Old Testament requires sacrifices to get close to God, does the New Testament ask people to do that? NO.

I worship Jesus Christ, i do not worship the Lord God.

Hey OP, repent and stop your non-sense before you end up with the same fate as satan.
edit on 9/27/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: is

one of the bueatiful things about god is the fact that he doesn't change. Now either god is almighty and al powerfull and doesn't make mistakes... Or god made horrible mistakes in the old testament which he rectified by making new and improved laws in the new testament. Perhaps when we see god next he will say"I'm sorry I lied to you I really am the bad guy".

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

If you believe your creator will apologize to you and say he is a bad guy then you are a fool.

When you grow a garden will you apologize to the tulips for plucking the weeds?

If you are a judge will you apologize to the convicted murderers children for sentencing him to death?

For you to disrespect your GOD because of what man has told you will do nothing for you but bring about your demise.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

History is ALWAYS written slanted toward the victor...

OF COURSE a slave gold-mine is going to be described as paradise...(THINK!! How are SLAVES in paradise?)
My story did make mention of Jesus (you just skipped over that part), and he is god's son, killed by the Lord God.

Remember, god and lord god are two different gods and are at war with each other.

God slowly becomes referred to as 'satan', as he betrays (and rightfully so) the evil lord god.

How can God be referred to as satan? The only person saying that is YOU.

The only person saying humans were gold slave miners is YOU.

Where do you get this idea from

You did NOT read that in the Holy Bible, where did you get that idea from

God can be referred to as satan because 'satan is just a term of slander

Satan (Hebrew: הַשָׂטָן ha-Satan), "the opposer",[1] is the title of various entities, both human and divine, who challenge the faith of humans in the Hebrew Bible.[2] In Christianity and Islam the title became a personal name, and "Satan" changed from an accuser appointed by God to test men's faith to the chief of the rebellious fallen angels ("the devil" in Christianity, "Shaitan" in Arabic, the term used by Arab Christians and Muslims).[3]

You reject the notion of slavery in the bible?
Exodus 21:1-4 "If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself."

Deuteronomy 15:12-18 "And if thy brother, an Hebrew man, or an Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee.And when thou sendest him out free from thee, thou shalt not let him go away empty: Thou shalt furnish him liberally out of thy flock, and out of thy floor, and out of thy winepress: of that wherewith the Lord thy God hath blessed thee thou shalt give unto him."

Exodus 21:7 "And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do."

and so on; there are too many list

What kind of work were these human slaves doing?

Genesis 2:15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

"To til the soil" ///"A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and there it divided and became four rivers. The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one which flows around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; and the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there." (Genesis 2:10-12 RSV)

and

"Zillah bore Tubal-cain; he was the forger of all instruments of bronze and iron." (Genesis 4:22 RSV)

and

"For The Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, flowing forth in valleys and hills, a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive trees and honey, a land in which you will eat bread without scarcity, in which you will lack nothing, a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills you can dig copper." (Deuteronomy 8:7-9 RSV)

and

"Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place for gold which they refine. Iron is taken out of the earth, and copper is smelted from the ore. Men put an end to darkness, and search out to the farthest bound the ore in gloom and deep darkness. They open shafts in a valley away from where men live; they are forgotten by travelers, they hang afar from men, they swing to and fro. As for the earth, out of it comes bread; but underneath it is turned up as by fire. Its stones are the place of sapphires, and it has dust of gold. That path no bird of prey knows, and the falcon's eye has not seen it. The proud beasts have not trodden it; the lion has not passed over it. Man puts his hand to the flinty rock, and overturns mountains by the roots. He cuts out channels in the rocks, and his eye sees every precious thing." (Job 28:1-10 RSV)

PLEASE tell me what I neglected to answer.

edit on 27-9-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Can you please post a source of all of this information as i would like to research it. You post bold comments that you try to pass off as fact but yet you don't say where you get this information from

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

reply to post by hudsonhawk69

If you believe your creator will apologize to you and say he is a bad guy then you are a fool.

When you grow a garden will you apologize to the tulips for plucking the weeds?

If you are a judge will you apologize to the convicted murderers children for sentencing him to death?

For you to disrespect your GOD because of what man has told you will do nothing for you but bring about your demise.

Whoaaa!!! Demise?

sounds like a bully if I ever heard.,.......

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Can you please post a source of all of this information as i would like to research it. You post bold comments that you try to pass off as fact but yet you don't say where you get this information from

THE

BIBLE

Christians can't even recognize their own biblical scripture! Oh, I know why....

they haven't read it

edit on 27-9-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Lol, that is your god? You just made me pull out my 100year old bible

read ezekiel 5:17
So i will send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee; and pestilence and bloodshed shall pass through thee; and i will bring the sword upon thee. i the lord have spoken it.

You can give me as many bible quotes as you want lol.
What you pretty much said to me then made absolutely no sense at all.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You are quoting verses out of context!! In the book of Job it was not God speaking, it was Job!! Job was telling a parable to Bildad the Shuhite. What you wrote has NOTHING to do with anything, it is just a story. You make it sound as if God was saying this to humans when it was just a written conversation between two people!!

You are trying to mislead people and i think it is shameful!!

You are also quoting scriptures from a bible other than the King James Version Holy Bible.

The words are different and we all know the difference a simple word can make.
edit on 9/27/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: You are also quoting scriptures from a bible other than the King James Version Holy Bible. The words are different and we all know the difference a simple word can make.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
King James bible
genesis 2:11-13
The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; and the gold of that land is good; there is bdellium and the onyx stone. and the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
genesis 2:15
and the lord god took the man, and put him into the garden of eden to dress it and keep it.

Sounds like slave work to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NZkraw
King James bible
The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; and the gold of that land is good; there is bdellium and the onyx stone. and the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
and the lord god took the man, and put him into the garden of eden to dress it and keep it.

So God creating man for a purpose is slave work? If you read the chapter you quote it says how beautiful the land is and how much gold and onyx is there, it is also only the second chapter in Genisis, it is describing the earth that God made.

No where does it say man was to mine gold, it simply says the "gold of the land was good". Did not Jesus say in Heaven there were streets of gold? Does man on Earth love gold to this day? In the Garden of Eden there was plentiful gold just as there will be in Heaven.

Do you think our souls will mine gold in Heaven too

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
While we are in Genesis chapter 2, why not read the whole chapter 3 of Genesis? It is only 24 verses but it is VERY enlightening. Tell me what you think of that

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

King James bible

It's funny how you take two verses out of twenty-five, two verses that don't even follow each other and say that man was put on Earth to mine gold.

Genesis Chapter 2 verse 12: And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

Genesis Chapter 2 verse 15: And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Why do you assume they were there to mine gold? Why not bdellium or onyx stone

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

heaven is only metaphorical in my opinion. In genesis 2:5 i think it talks about man tilling the ground.

I can just go on what i believe most likely possible. Seeing everything can be possible, why cant Enki be good?
Why cant Enill be bad? Nothing is true, and everything is permitted.

We can only make our own decisions on these kinds of things. Best we can do to sort out the differences is to debate lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Yup, the story about the Serpent in the garden of eden.
Summed up equals, Snake told Eve to eat fruit - Eve ate fruit - gave some to Adam - lord god came along - *kicked out of eden*- didn't die - told to inbreed. As told in the bible.
To me that's just Enki helping mankind out to know the difference between good and evil, wouldn't they have realized the snake was evil and repent? But nope, lord god kicked them out, because he thought they would see that he is the evil one?

Now can you explain to me why lord god told moses to build a huge statue of a bronze snake, if the snake represents all that is supposedly evil. Isn't it also called idolatry, and isn't idolatry a sin in the eyes of god?- Numbers 21:8-9? Why do christians not have a problem with the same image on christian hospitals, what used to be a pagan symbol of fertility and wholeness?

edit on 9/28/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

heaven is only metaphorical in my opinion. In genesis 2:5 i think it talks about man tilling the ground.

I can just go on what i believe most likely possible. Seeing everything can be possible, why cant Enki be good?
Why cant Enill be bad? Nothing is true, and everything is permitted.

We can only make our own decisions on these kinds of things. Best we can do to sort out the differences is to debate lol.

Man has been tilling the ground since we have been here, so what. We still do it to this day, thats how we eat.

Enki and Enill are not in the Holy Bible and are not biblical figures. Try studying Jesus Christ and biblical text instead of Sumerian tex if you want to participate in a biblical debate.

Make your own decision but i hope your choice is with God and not satan.

Please read Genesis chapter three in its entirety and the whole New Testament, you can start there.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Jesus died to get us out from under the god of Ezekiel.
We don't have to go to some spot in Palestine any more to find God.
To the people living in Canaan, the god, Yahweh was the sky god who came with the southern storms from Sinai, while the sky god, Baal was the one who came with the northern storms from Lebanon. People who did not have political attachments to one in particular realized one was as good as the other if they brought rain for the crops.
Jeroboam, King of Israel had two golden calves made and said, 'Here are our gods'.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Now can you explain to me why lord god told moses to build a huge statue of a bronze snake, if the snake represents all that is supposedly evil. Isn't it also called idolatry, and isn't idolatry a sin in the eyes of god?- Numbers 21:8-9? Why do christians not have a problem with the same image on christian hospitals, what used to be a pagan symbol of fertility and wholeness?

edit on 9/28/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

Stop just reading a verse or two in the Holy Bible and just assuming it is the word of God. Read the whole chapter or maybe even the whole book so you don't take it out of context.

Moses was leading Israel to victories over their oppressors through Gods will and Israel started to become belligerent and speak foul of God because of a long journey that they had to make.

Instead of starting at verse 8 of chapter 21 why not start at verse 1 so you can understand whats going on

If you really want to know whats going on why not start at chapter one

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
ProphecyPhD :

The bible was stolen from Sumerian, Nordic, Druid, Pagan, Celtic, and nearly every other ancient religion PREDATING christianity. I studied the bible more when i became a Theistic Satanist then i did when i was christian. I saw all the little loopholes.
I already have i would post the whole chapter but it would be a waste of my time, and of yours.

Yes, and slaughtering, raping, plundering, and sacrificing along the way. For some reason that is ok "because god told them too".

Why quote a whole chapter when it is all plagiarized anyway?

jmdewey60
Funny that isn't it, under certian circumstances it is OK to say that your god is a different god, sorry but the OT and NT are in the same book

No, not Palestine but purgatory is a good place to go too.

Id rather worship a couple of golden calves then this a$$hole you call god.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join