It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case for Satan (Let the Defense speak)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
How could there be 6 atheists on the jury in the very room where Lord God and Satan are in? Do the atheists not see or hear anything when they are speaking? lol

I think that since it turns out that God and Satan aren't really "gods", but instead aliens in this scenario, the atheist can actually claim to be right in some respects and it does not violate his beliefs. He might have to accept certain things maybe did happen that are in the bible, but ahh, they were just people from another planet. That's something an atheist could live with.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
And so ends another worthless thread

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright

How could there be 6 atheists on the jury in the very room where Lord God and Satan are in? Do the atheists not see or hear anything when they are speaking? lol

I think that since it turns out that God and Satan aren't really "gods", but instead aliens in this scenario, the atheist can actually claim to be right in some respects and it does not violate his beliefs. He might have to accept certain things maybe did happen that are in the bible, but ahh, they were just people from another planet. That's something an atheist could live with.

And that was a point to make the correlation between 'gods' and aliens.

Glad you caught that!!

I tried to not use the word alien/ ET too much because it might've thrown a few people off....but once they keep reading it, it'll make sense.

Thanks for that comment!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This, of couse, was not a real trial...It was written to make people concentrate on Satan's defense.

I just threw that in to show that there are believers and non believers on the jury.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Read it...garbage. Still a waste of bandwidth. Still should be in Rant section. Foolishness.

And you DEFINATLY should know, especially since it took you all of 2 minutes to comment after I posted.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Er.. Buttercookie, I just bet you are a satanist, correct? This has been going on since time began. Yes the bright and morning star has been at it since he decided to become like God.

I don't really understand why you worship such a creature. You know..... He loses in the end... Why try defending a loser? May you see the error of your ways even if you don't want to.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2

Er.. Buttercookie, I just bet you are a satanist, correct? This has been going on since time began. Yes the bright and morning star has been at it since he decided to become like God.

I don't really understand why you worship such a creature. You know..... He loses in the end... Why try defending a loser? May you see the error of your ways even if you don't want to.

My point (if you read the script) was simply allowing Satan his say.

How is that saying I am a Satanist? That sounds too much like a religion for my tastes.

But yes, I do side with Satan, cuz he was on our side. I've presented you with the facts and biblical references.

These beings, Lucifer and Lord God are not even here anymore. They were members of an advanced species that came to Earth with mission....mission got accomplished....they had wars between each other during the process.....they are gone.

No need for worship.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

And so ends another worthless thread

It appears that you have tried to attack the title.

Why attack something that you have no knowledge of?

Tell me, what is incorrect about the picture I painted??

(crickets....chirrp chirrp)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2

Regardless of how you read the bible, whether we are talking about gods, or aliens, or if you take it simply as myth, I always wondered why it never bothered anyone that god forbade us to "eat of the tree of knowledge". I can only read that one way, and that spells, "we want you stupid so that you can be easily controlled through fear and guilt.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
hmmmmm! very interesting, here latley my hubby and I have been reading the Bible a lot and there is a lot of stuff we dont undrstand, however" and I,m almost afraid to say this", I kinda feel the same way, it does sound like we (humans) or at least the Adamic race, was created to become slaves to "toil" the ground, or dig for Gold and when the "fallen Angles" came down and told us how to build and create technology that would infact help us, well, whats wrong with that? seems like God didnt intend for us to learn or "eat from the tree of knowlege" he is a "jealous God" by his own admition and he actually hates certain people or races, I dont even hate people or races, I may not like what they do or say but dont hate anyone person.....So now i,m confused..I do believe there is a God, and one that created us, however, im just not sure who is the good guy or the bad guy..i do believe there has been a lot of deciept, lies and propoganda used against the human race, I consider myself a decent human being, I help anyone I can, i get grumpy occasionally and yes I am a sinner, ( not a bad one) of course i think we all are to some extent, but on a whole I love my husband and my kid,s and live a happy life, so I guesse one day we will all find out.............

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

yeah it also say,s in the end even the "elite" will be fooled, how can that happen if you know "God". Hmmmmm

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by julesbabe26
hmmmmm! very interesting, here latley my hubby and I have been reading the Bible a lot and there is a lot of stuff we dont undrstand, however" and I,m almost afraid to say this", I kinda feel the same way, it does sound like we (humans) or at least the Adamic race, was created to become slaves to "toil" the ground, or dig for Gold and when the "fallen Angles" came down and told us how to build and create technology that would infact help us, well, whats wrong with that? seems like God didnt intend for us to learn or "eat from the tree of knowlege" he is a "jealous God" by his own admition and he actually hates certain people or races, I dont even hate people or races, I may not like what they do or say but dont hate anyone person.....So now i,m confused..I do believe there is a God, and one that created us, however, im just not sure who is the good guy or the bad guy..i do believe there has been a lot of deciept, lies and propoganda used against the human race, I consider myself a decent human being, I help anyone I can, i get grumpy occasionally and yes I am a sinner, ( not a bad one) of course i think we all are to some extent, but on a whole I love my husband and my kid,s and live a happy life, so I guesse one day we will all find out.............

It is not necessarily the 'tree of knowledge'

Tree of the knowledge of good and evil
en.wikipedia.org...

In the Book of Genesis, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil or the tree of knowledge (occasionally, the tree of conscience, Hebrew: עֵץ הַדַּעַת טוֹב וָרָע, Etz haDaat tov V'ra) was a tree in the middle of the Garden of Eden.

So what is it really? Good and Evil, just "knowledge", or Consciousness?

And this entire proposition is pointless because Atheists do NOT believe in a God or a Satan . . .

They would instantly become deists do to the actual proof of God and Satan being before their eyes.

Therefore NO IMPARTIAL JURY, unless your atheists are satanists.

Logic fail.
edit on 25-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: Big quotes

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

A satanist is actually the closest thing to being a christian since it all comes from the same books/theology. An atheist doesn't recognize either one, but again, as I said earlier, there is no logic fail since neither god nor satan are deities in this tale. They are merely human like beings, and that would be counted as evidence by an atheist that there is no "god".

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I mean, obviously you must read and research the Bible. I will give opinion because I can't prove much.

The so called alien visitors to me are just a smoke screen for the beings that were created by God. From the beginning they were created. Much higher beings than we. If were we created a little lower than those beings, and they really hate us,(because God created us to prove to one of his mightiest creations) and want to try to get back in God's favor if He-They could prove his decision to throw them out of the heavens. They certainly would be capable of deception that could fool us lower beings. The rebellion that took place was before Adam.

I claim no special knowledge, but I think we were created by a just God to prove his just-ness? The master plan was devised before earth was formed.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
excuse me! but what exactly is a Sataninst? the Devil, Satan, or whatever else you want to call him has, as it said in the post, been portraid to be the bad guy, I dont worship EVIL, or anything like that I also know humans have drawn a pretty nasty picture of the Devil, literally, wasnt he suposed to be the most beautifull angle...? I am just struggling to understand the Bible, I want my God to be an all loving God like I was taught as a child and "Christian" However the more we read the more we see that God was a bit scary, destroyed the earth twice already.which includes all the baby,s, and toddlers, and he did some pretty meen stuff to people which he apparently judged on a whole as tribes or nations not individually, it also seems that he is a bit arrogant and very needy, (he actually sounds a lot like my Ex-husband) I know this sounds bad but I am just trying to understand, maybee I will be struck by lighening or something for even thinking this stuff but, I know the God I trust is the one that will understand my questioning and not hold it against me on that day...Didnt you ever ask your mum or Dad "why, Why, WHY," well they didnt damn you to hell for not knowing or questioning them did they, well neither will the father in heaven....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It's an issue of trust.

The lamb of God is worthy, trustworthy and true.

Satan cannot be trusted, must always grad for power, and exalt the self as the height of God. He is a spiritual thief.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

It's an issue of trust.

Satan cannot be trusted, must always grad for power, and exalt the self as the height of God. He is a spiritual thief.

But why can't Satan be trusted?

Is he the one that lies and murders?

No. The Lord God is the liar. And most defiantely the murderer.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

The fruit of tree of the knowledge of good and evil represents the ignorance introduced in the fall of consciousness into duality and of should and should not. It may seem a contradition when God tells Adam and Eve that they "should not" eat of this tree, but it was only good advice, the consequences of which were dire.

The tree of life is unitive and non-dualistic, and therefore represents consciousness in eternity without separation.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

We are in the contextual frame of reference of the new covenant, and from that perspective, the spirits can be tested, and Satan proves himself a thief and a liar, and Jesus Christ, trustworthy and true.
You are in the wrong frame, and also need to consider consciousness, either in duality, or in unity. The object of Satan is to separate us from the love of God.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

It's an issue of trust.

"The Lamb of God, or Jesus, wasn't on trial, nor was he called to testify. Jesus isn't part of the OP's equation.
edit on 25-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join