It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLICE in my Backyard :@

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

And it is option B that you aren't happy about?

Option A seems like a chance to practice self defense in a real world situation, while option B seems like a chance to get brutalized.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I can see the Police searching the area for any weapons or drugs as to not fall into anyone else's hands, especially children. One of the police should have come to the door. If the suspect is loose and dangerous, I would think the police have the right to chase him anywhere the suspect goes. The police should come back with a warrant to remove any items found on the property first.
I will assume the plain clothe man was a detective or off-duty officer nearby the area.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
most of what is wrong with your tail has already been covered by other posters - but i will point out this :

Originally posted by ZarbeMominthan few minutes later my mom tells me the police are in our backyard, I am like WTF!! i rush downstairs

i have been in my room the whole day finishing a report and i told them no one has passed through this way

if you were so observant - why didnt you notice the police yourself ?

ps - if you were in your room - you could not have been paying proper attention to both your report and monitoring your yard

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZarbeMomin

they would have seen the guy was not there when they were on the other side of the fence peeking through onto my backyard

Did you think that maybe they were not only looking for the guy, but also the weapon? Perhaps the attacker threw the weapon over some ones fence so they were searching for that as well?

No, you did not think about that, clearly.

there was never any threat of a person in my immediate sorrounding

Tell that to the victim who was attacked RIGHT BY YOUR HOUSE.

and i could give a S@#% about my neighbours who like to blast loud music into the night and toss their bottles onto the street and onto my lawn

Yeah, I can see you don't care about the safety and well being of your neighbors... having a problem with the cops daring to search for the attacker and the weapon. Glad I don't live next to you.

i feel like clint eastwood in gran torino

I have seen that movie, I know it very well. You are no Walt Kowalski, my friend.

ahh look they squashed my garden:@

Ahh look a person got stabbed.

and the civilian is actually a civilian not a plain cloths detective

Are you really suggesting the cops were letting some random stranger into your backyard to just hang around? Or is that just what you are wanting to believe?

Hmm, I find that hard to believe.... Detectives are often sent out to aid in finding evidence... You know... Like a knife that was hidden by the attacker?

Besides, it is funny. In the OP you had no idea who the "civilian guy" was..... So, quit pretending you do, all of a sudden. I think you are just wanting to believe what you want to believe and are disregarding all logic.

Honestly, Text alone does not adequately get my point across. I truthfully need a video aid at this point.

Good day.
edit on 25-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They were doing their job trying to track someone down, and you blew up for no good reason. They didn't order you around or damage anything, they just needed to enter your yard in the line of duty. Sorry but you sound ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Honestly there is not much else I can say, so I will make this my last post for this thread.

You really do sound ridiculous. We get it. You hate cops. Period.

But here is the thing. Have you noticed that even the cop bashers are coming into this thread and rolling their eyes at you?

That should be a clue to you, that you really need to calm down, take a deep breath, take a few steps back and re-examine this whole situation.

A person was attacked by some one, with a knife. That attacker fled. They searched the entire area for the person and for the weapon.

You got mad at them for trying to find the attacker and the weapon. You got mad at them for trying to keep you safe.

With all due respect, you are making a fool out of yourself with this thread. I have the feeling that you were hoping to get a nice long thread, by attracting the cop bashers, maybe rack up some easy points.. But even the cop bashers are saying " Really?".

Just calm down. Be glad that they are looking for the attacker and the weapon, rather than just letting them roam free, and potentially hurting some one else

Now, I doubt you will, but please let the victim and the family of the victim know that there are lots of people here who are sorry to hear about what happened to them and that we wish them a speedy recovery.

Here is hoping the attacker is caught and can never harm another person again.

Peace and love.
edit on 25-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZarbeMomin

and the civilian is actually a civilian not a plain cloths detective

But in your OP you stated that you didn't know who the civilian guy was!

So how the hell do you know he wasn't a detective??

I think you made this thread in the hope that you would garner support from the "anti-police" brigade, but as has been pointed out by another poster, even they think you have gone way over the top here!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

i quickly snap a few photos of the police and it looks like theres a civilian following him

So where are the pics? OP you acted like an idiot. You got mad for no reason and frankly I think that you are lying for attention. I really wish this forum was 18+.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Um, I'd be not so upset about that one.

At least they weren't kicking your door in at 6:30 in the morning looking for someone who had moved out several months before you had moved in. I had that happen to me last month, and they would've gotten in had I not kept a certain item wedged under the door knob. I'd been telling them since April that the guy not only didn't live there, but that I was the new tenant. Now that's what someone should be mad about. Totally ruined my sleep. I smile now remembering how ticked the cop was when he was getting into his car after not being able to kick my door in. I probably hurt his manhood. LOL

Everyone I told about it that day though told me I should've called the cops on him just for general principle. Boy that would've been interesting.

I now wonder when the idiots will be back. Since they haven't figured out after my telling them for months that the guy doesn't live there, they may be back.

I've never even met this guy. He was the previous tenant.

When does it become harassment?? I mean when does it stop being 'just doing their jobs' to becoming harassment??

But I think the one in the OP really was just doing his job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join