It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jonestown Massacre

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I had a question about a statement you made in your first post. you said there was a message left on a phone that his meal ticket had his head blown off or something to that affect. First there were no phones that you could leave messages on and text was not available in 1978 until the mid 90's. so you are either manufacturing evidence or you meant on an answering machine but no on a phone that would have been impossible for 1978.
I'm not manufacturing any evidence, this is taken from Jesse Ventura's book American Conspiracies. Everything is sourced, so if you don't think it's legitimate, track down who is responsible for that piece of information and take it up with them.

Here ya go:

Holsinger quote: “Slain Congressman to be Honored,” San Mateo (Calif.) Daily Journal, November 12, 2008

I wasn't questioning the legitimacy or if it was sourced or not, I was just wondering there was this statement that could have never taken place. I was a teenager when that took place and there was no technology then that would allow anyone to leave messages on a Phone during that time but you could leave it on an answering machine. That"s all. I wasn't giving you a hard time I thought maybe you misquoted at best.
edit on 30-9-2011 by ChesterJohn because: spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There were answering machines at the time. In 1971, the most successful answering machine during that decade was introduced. It used a reel-to-reel for recording and could keep up to 20 messages.

Answering machines had become commercially available in the 1960's but had been around since long before that.

Although, most likely the information about the message is false.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
There were answering machines at the time. In 1971, the most successful answering machine during that decade was introduced. It used a reel-to-reel for recording and could keep up to 20 messages.

Answering machines had become commercially available in the 1960's but had been around since long before that.

Although, most likely the information about the message is false.

Even though there were answering machines, people never said they got the messages on their phones. They always said they got a phone call, or they got messages on the machine.

I remember the party lines, if you were on a call, someone could listen in.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
True. But keep in mind that every time a story is passed along, the wording has a tendency to change. It could have been lost in context or simply been false from the start.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Here's my modest contribution to this great thread.This is one of the best documentary on Jonestown I have seen.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
well here is another interesting thing about jonestown, alot of the people who were at jonestown were part of the federal witness relocation program (if i remember correctly it was over 25 percent).
that information came from an old magazine called the Covert Action Information Bulletin (wish i still had my copies of it).
pretty sure the magazine doesnt exist anymore, not sure wether anyone ever put their contents online, but in the days before such things as ATS this publication was a goldmine of verified information on what the us government was up too and what they had done.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Another good website with lots of info:

www.ratical.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join