It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweet! Rick Perry campaign near collapse!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by seabag

Just fundraising for Bush and working for Gonzalez is two strikes. When you add the warrant less wiretapping, no bid contracts and the overall corruption, the guy is out. He supports some type of Cap and Trade too. The guy is a joke.

WOW! Not quite the big conservative he claims to be, huh (well, he does have the BIG part down)? Perry's star fades and in comes the next goon! They're just going to keep throwing us goons until one gets in. The Red Flags went up when I read that several billionaire Bush supporters were courting him. That’s a shame because I like the way he handles himself. He’s really a no-BS guy. This guy could quickly get more attention than Perry because he’ll be tough in the debates. Too bad he’s playing for the wrong team. It’s also a shame that Ron Paul doesn’t have Chris Christie’s big balls and command presence? If he did we wouldn't be having this conversation.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is a pre-mature claim... Not only is Perry a fighter, but the people that want him to get the nomination are the most powerful in the world

We haven't seen the last of Rick Perry (unfortunately)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
you can thank Rick Perry for this...

please watch this video..

Thanks Dick!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Now I'm going to go out on a limb here and maybe hurt some feelings, but this moron was governor of Texas in 2000, taking over for Dubya , and then the voters of Texas elected him in 02, elected him again in 06 and once more in 2010. Doesn't this raise some questions about Texans?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Crash and burn, Perry-Kari.
Question is, will it land in the Pacific, over land?
Australia?
Do de-orbiting campaigns fall into little pieces, or just one bug chunk of debris?

i believe they all eventually turn in to big stinking piles of...doggy stuff...shovel ready projects lol

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Excellent news. I called it, years ago when he gave the Republican response to the State of the Union address, I believe, and they shrouded him in this soft angelic looking light, that they would be trying to shove him down our throats. Does anyone remember that?

He's the last person we need in power at this time. Wouldn't hire that guy to cut my grass.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Perry is designed to fail, like a cheap Chinese dishwasher.

The entire Republican pack of potential nominees other than Paul are there to ensure they scare off most of the moderates, as well as deflect attention from Ron Paul's populist appeal.

Perry is just the newest Trump/Palin/Bachman-a distraction for liberals to salivate over.

Imagine you are the RNC and you know the economy wont turn around until AT LEAST 2016. Why would you want to win before then?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
I am so glad to hear that the media is no longer calling him the front runner.

Rick Perry is not conservative, and would not be good for America.

but knowing how the media works has to make you wonder....WHY?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
Never would I think another presidential candidate would make George Bush look like Einstein!

www.youtube.com...

He sounds like he tipped back a few brewskies before attempting that bit of linguistic genius.

omg thank you for that video, so hilarious, totally exposes him for the sham he is, incredible,

www.youtube.com...

edit on 9/26/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The Bildeberg group is backing this terd so i dont think we have seen the last of him, but i hope you are right

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Bye bye Mr. forced vaccinations, pro-war, religious fundie, extremist zionist, pro-TSA, pro-police state bastard...
edit on 25-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

You forgot pro-NAFTA, pro-exporting of US jobs overseas and most of all pro-illegal aliens over American citizens in that list as well. Perry is a creepy shill for the banks and corporate interests and is about as religious as beezlebub himself. He just uses that mantra to sucker in the religious conservatives.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I was speaking with my 64 year old mother two days ago and asked her who she was voting for in the upcoming election. She answered "Rick Perry". I got sick to my stomach (from the obvious lack of research she had done) and then explained to her that I would be voting for Ron Paul. She did not even know who he was! My sister, who is in her early 30's, had never heard of Ron Paul either! This leads me to believe that we as Americans are screwed. With corruption rampant these days and the economy going under, the "common" American is going to continue to vote for the same old crappy politician who is bought and paid for. I am now more convinced than ever that the common American is too lazy to do research on the candidates, so the vicious cycle of status quo will continue. I think those on ATS have an unrealistic expectation that Ron Paul stands a chance.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by Vitchilo

I mean, who would have ever though George W Bush would have made President, let alone a 2 term one?

Now now, let's be fair. In 1999/2000, Bush was SHARP - he could debate like a boss (I think folksy Dubya presentation later was an act to allow him to accomplish goals while being considered trustworthy - remember, his father was former head of the CIA) and was campaining more or less on Paul's foreign policy, states rights, and a few other quite respectable points.

HOWEVER - he technically lost the 2000 election (thanks to SCOTUS and Jeb for stopping the recount in Florida...) and all indications are that he likely actually lost Ohio as well in 2004, so we probably should have had Gore then Kerry, or whatever we would have ended up in 2004 had Gore won in '00.

Regardless, comparing Perry to pre first-term Bush is not quite fair. Bush looked a lot better. Check out some of the old debate vids, he was prepped and ready and saying some good things.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

By "the upcoming election", do you mean your state's primary election, or the general election in 2012?

It sucks, but you do have to remember that pretty much only party diehards and political junkies tend to get involved in primary elections and caucuses (when you REALLY NEED everyone, since this determines who makes it to the general election)...people only getting involved in the general election have it backwards since at that point they're usually only left with someone a bunch of people you tend to disagree with picked.

Paul is looking somewhat better this time around, and compared to polling this time in 2007 is not doing bad at all - on average, he's about where Mccain was last time, and as we all know, Mccain was the nominee. He definitely needs to get very active with the campaining and keep the ads rolling to spread his name recognition as well as counter any attacks against him, but there is a LOT of time for awareness and poll numbers to move around (as they did for Hillary, Thompson, Guiliani and the rest last time).

Best thing he can do at this point is something big to get media coverage. Media coverage tends to drive interest in candidates as well as polling, so it's time for something big to get his name out there...what that will take, though, I don't know, because we did so much that was newsworthy for him last time and the media effectively buried him under all the establishment candidates (who DIDN'T have blimps...DIDN'T have actual grassroots support setting all-time fundraising records...DIDN'T have non-campaign guerilla campaining in their names).

I wonder what we can do this time to blow it up for him...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
he was a bit of a loose canon, but heck it wont matter who is president, the Elite already have an agenda, a person that votes might think he or she has made a difference, but its the person counting the Votes that really makes the difference. Can I sign up to count Votes, Doubt it. and how do you find out who really does count the votes, is it a machine that can be rigged, or a Republican or a Democrat, that could accidentally
miss count (Florida) Bush vs Gore

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
premature indeed, as long as the money comes in he will keep going.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Escrotumus

Bye bye Mr. forced vaccinations, pro-war, religious fundie, extremist zionist, pro-TSA, pro-police state bastard...
edit on 25-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

You forgot pro-NAFTA, pro-exporting of US jobs overseas and most of all pro-illegal aliens over American citizens in that list as well. Perry is a creepy shill for the banks and corporate interests and is about as religious as beezlebub himself. He just uses that mantra to sucker in the religious conservatives.

Totally. His list of crimes is too long to enumerate in a post, with 5000 characters limit, we can't do it!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Who's to say that Perry getting out of the race is a good thing?

With Perry in the race we could hope that he would siphon votes away from the real candidate of tptb...Romney! That would give someone such as Ron Paul the chance to swoop in and take the election by surprise.

So if Perry bows out, as Bachmann will hopefully do soon, we will just have another establishment Republican to take over the limelight and happens to be a reknowned flip-flopper. At least Perry was willing to be a man and stand up for what he believes, or admit he was wrong on certain issues. Romney just changes his mind and hopes no one notices.

As a former Republican, I can safely say that this sort of circus act is exactly why I left the party. It's just another clown with big shoes and great balloon animal skills to keep the masses occupied, while we forget to ask who he really works for.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I would have thought by now that ATS members would have snapped to the reality that elections are just a show for the proletariat; a media circus to make the grassrooters think they have a say in who gets elected.

The counsel has already chosen the next president. I think it's still Perry.

"if voting changed anything, it would be made illegal" Emma Goldman
edit on 26-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by jburg6

It sucks, but you do have to remember that pretty much only party diehards and political junkies tend to get involved in primary elections and caucuses (when you REALLY NEED everyone, since this determines who makes it to the general election)...people only getting involved in the general election have it backwards since at that point they're usually only left with someone a bunch of people you tend to disagree with picked.
As some who works the polls, I can personally vouch for this. People plain don't show up until it is too late to have a better choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join