It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, so your a libertarian!! cool!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Also my above post isn't condoning the use of drugs, i'm against it, but I believe people can make their own decisions, there is no buts, there is no what if's, social darwinism will take care of the laws of nature, it's not our job to protect the dummies... And lord knows, i've tried...

Have you ever tried to get your friends away from drugs? I know I have? Where are they now? hello...
What about your friends 27jd, you said you've seen them ruin their lives... But there are some things we cannot control, legalized or not.. It will always be around, and people will make stupid decisions, and again, there is no law enforced that makes people stop doing stupid things...

[edit on 26-8-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I was kidding about the hippie thing, I thought I stated that, if I didn't, I was. But seriously, I think it would be a disaster to make those things legal, back to meth, it's not the being high part that is dangerous, it's the coming down a couple days later, you're skin is crawling, you see people out of the corner of your eye, you think everybody is looking at you weird, and that they're conspiring against you. You would think after something that unpleasant, you would never do it again, but you do. As soon as you've had a little sleep, you want to get that invincible, everybody's your friend feeling back. Then the cycle continues. And yes I WAS paranoid on speed, just like ANYBODY who does it is. Making it legal will be bad because people will likely try it one day because they got a bad nights sleep, or have to study for an exam, then they will feel that feeling, and it will be over. They will be hooked, trust me.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah, it's not fun, guess what, lot's of things aren't fun, and lot's of people do lot's of stupid things........You can't police everybody...

It's been done, and as it stands now, it's not working, billions of dollars are being generated in the drug trade as it is...

Because people are buying, just because it's not fun coming off of speed, isn't a valid enough reason to make it legal........
I don't even know if the lp would make meth legal... I don't..

But in principle, people are people and their billions of them, here there are millions of them and you can't police everybody.. You just can't...

The drug trade will go on with or without legalization of drugs, it's been around for thousands of years.

You can't believe in a certain freedom but not believe in another, a is a, the whole damn thing, paranoia happens even without drugs, and paranoid people without drugs do stupid things too...

Mental illess, if you are on meth, coming down, and realise the after affects, are you that stupid to not go see a doctor? Maybe get anti depressants because your seratonin levels are miserably low??

Do you even know what darwinism is?

I still can't believe you want to play good cop and red tape things you have no control over in the first place...

Joe's policies never stopped stupid people from doing stupid things... If anything it's just enabled them.

[Edited on 26-8-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well, all I can say is, if ALL drugs were legalized, we'd better hope you're right, theres pros and cons to everything, hopefully the pros would outweigh the cons.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Well, all I can say is, if ALL drugs were legalized, we'd better hope you're right, theres pros and cons to everything, hopefully the pros would outweigh the cons.

If i'm wrong, i'll mail you 10,000 dollars...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
If i'm wrong, i'll mail you 10,000 dollars...

I'm saving this thread to my files! Then, I will be able to afford a soon to be legal RPG!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I believe the government should make the laws stricter for drugs. I mean it is supposed to keep all people safe. Just like a speed limit sign. If there was no speed limit sign, there would be a lot more dead people. The laws are necessary.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
I believe the government should make the laws stricter for drugs. I mean it is supposed to keep all people safe. Just like a speed limit sign. If there was no speed limit sign, there would be a lot more dead people. The laws are necessary.

All assume you didn't know that several western states had NO SPEED LIMIT for their highways, and traffic fatalities were quite low considering your opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

Originally posted by TACHYON

All assume you didn't know that several western states had NO SPEED LIMIT for their highways, and traffic fatalities were quite low considering your opinion.

yes but there are a lot less people(translation: lot less dumbasses) to worry about in those states.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

With all due respect TL, I am a gun lover myself, but I do not think people should have unlimited access to automatic weapons, do you remember those two bankrobbers that took LA hostage with a couple fully auto AK's? Not everybody uses guns for therapeutic reasons, many people snap and if they were to have an AR-15 or an AK-47 at their disposal, just think about the damage they could do and the numbers of people that they could kill if they were to go to a busy shopping mall during the holiday season, not that these weapons are unattainable, but making them readily available would be insane, and where do you propose we draw the line, should we be allowed to have RPG's, etc?

My uncle lives in the USA and has had an AK-47 for over 15 years, along with 6 other legally unregistered and unlicenced firearms. He's never harmed anyone with them. Face it- if somebody is willing to go on a shooting spree and commit capital murder, they're willing to break a firearms law. I live in Canada- guns are illegal here. The cops have cracked down incredibly hard on firearms. It doesn't mean I can't walk down my street and buy a rifle and some pistols from a friend- I could if I wanted. The only thing you do by banning guns is decrease the amount of guns owned by people who WANT to abide by the law. You're only harming the law-abiding people- criminals don't give a damn about the laws. Additionally, for your RPG argument against the Second Amendment: The Bill of Rights states that no right listed is meant to infringe upon another right. The Courts have held that threatening somebody so that they feel their life is in immediate danger is considered assault- that's why pointing a firearm at somebody without actually firing is still considered a form of assault. If you have heavy explosives in your basement, it's like pointing a firearm at your neighbour- you're not firing it, but you're threatening them because if they DO go off they die. So having explosives or nukes or whatever object liberals use against Amendment II would be considered an assault. As for automatics, if one goes off in your basement, your neighbor will not be harmed, unless you happen to have them over at your house and in your basement. If a weapon poses an immediate danger to a person's life, it's illegal to have because you're threatening somebody. If it doesn't, it's nobody's business unless the owner has a history of violent crime and can therefore be deprived of their property through due process of the law. Innocent civilians need guns rather than 9-1-1. Up here it's become so pathetic that an old Vietnamese man who owned and operated a convenience store had to fight off some shotgun wielding thugs with a golf club- America, don't become as crappy as Canada.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well look at Germany and other European countires....They do have less road fatalities....the only catch is, that when a crash happens it's friggin messy....I saw one once and I don't care to see anything like that ever again....but it actually is safer to drive at higher speeds....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join