It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's all this talk about "Revolution" in the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Thomas Jefferson was a patriot in the truest sense of the word. However, none of us are Jefferson, or Madison, or Hancock.

We have more options today to win on the battlefield of ideas than at any point in our history. An idea, good or bad, can go around the world in a matter of minutes. We have yet to fully explore just how incomprehensibly useful modern communication can be for the safeguard of liberty.

There are 300 million people in the US. If revolution were to break out tomorrow, what do you think all the interests lying in wait for their opportunity to seize control will do? Nothing? How many of those interests are detrimental to American notions of individual liberty?

There are many well organized powers out there vying for more and more control. What are the odds that a few rag tag wanna-be Jeffersons will get the country they took up arms to bring about? People simply don't realize just how lucky the founders were to wind up being able to see the fruits of their blood, sweat, and tears. In France their fight for liberty led to one of history's most brutal imperialist dictators, Napoleon. The fall of the Soviet Unions in the late 80's/early 90's was supposed to herald a new age of liberty in the former Soviet Union. They were supposed to be free Russians. Instead they have a gangster government and more corruption than could even be found here in the US.

History teaches us to be careful what we wish for.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Revolution does not mean wonton violence. You once used to understand that, at least you seemed to.

As far as using "intelligence" and "peaceful methods", in other words, more of the same old [SNIP], let me know how far that gets.

In response to the OP, yes, the politicians have turned themselves AND the entire system against the will of the people. A system of voting that was supposed to be fair and unbiased has become a system in which the populace gets to choose out of a hand picked pack of stooges, not so much unlike the UK, to run their country. There is no true freedom in the current democratic process, an unless you are capable of raising upwards of $80 million dollars, you have absolutely ZERO chance of running for president in the United States of America.

As for the system, many don't find it to be so bad because the changes have been slow and silent as opposed to a sudden jerk so that many didn't even notice, or they simply got used to or brainwashed into accepting before having a chance to realize what was happening. The Constitution, the sacred document which is supposed to outline the limitations of government when it comes to the people, has been disregarded and thrown into the proverbial fire. None of the politicians really care about if their laws abide by the Constitution or even if the bills they represent coincide with the interests of the people they are supposed to represent.

On the home and local fronts, police have begun patrolling America in an effort to control the every action of the people, with military getting involved where it is deemed necessary. Petty laws and restrictions continue to be placed upon the people, laws that restricts what we can do, how we can do it, or even when it is permissible, when many of the things that are regulated should be the choice of each individual, not a government institution.

The reason people call for a revolution, and it is a minority, is because these are the people that realize that the means of change that our governments have provided for us do not work, quite simply because they aren't meant to. The government does not have to listen to us, and no matter how many times actions are taken in which there is literally no government response - peaceful advocates of change continue to believe that their actions will account for something. Yet nothing changes time and time again. Some people claim it to be a definition of insanity, I claim it to be delusion - people trying to change the game by playing by the rules supplied in the box it came it. It isn't going to work - it hasn't for decades, possibly more, and there is nothing greatly changed about the methods employed that is going to cause the powers that be to listen.

So the reason that revolution is coming, will come, and will change this country - is because it is the last possible option available. Perhaps those who advocate revolution have not tried EVERY possible mean to enact change, but others have, and we have observed. That is why it is with heavy hearts that many of us see the reality of the situation. We are living in the 1770's again and it is only a matter of time before 1776 comes knocking at our door. The only difference today is that our enemy isn't thousands of miles away.

As one of the biggest advocates of revolution on ATS, those are my two cents, and I am sticking to them. Hopefully it answers your question.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I get a sinking feeling that as soon as the revolution breaks out all those drones in the Mid East will be heading this way in a hurry. Should make for a rather short revolution i'm thinking something along the lines of Waco or Ruby Ridge.

The most sane way to bring about revolution in this country is term limit's on all the scumbag's in Washington. A previous poster hit the nail on the head no polotician should be in office for 30+ years. Term limit's and fixing the awfully jerrymandered districts, so elections would matter agian.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yes I meant voting in terms of with your money (what you buy where does the profits go) with your feet (why do i live here when i dont agree with most of the laws that are in place) and with our actions (which can be a lot of things including the above). I personally have only voted once (California wanted to legalize cannabis, got a letter in the mail afterwards telling me my vote didnt count due to districts baloney). I agree with you voting someone into office and hoping for things to get better has become pointless (most likely always was?). the idea has never really made sense to me. there is always the same things said and then the same promises broken. I think we can have a bigger impact on our way of life when we start working together locally and coming together at a neighbor to neighbor level. We can fix things by starting small and local. Ironic thing is this is probably how most revolutions begin anyway its just a question of whether or not we need to make the shift to violence or if we can make this happen without it. I agree things need to change drastically because for too many reasons the world is unbalanced . Minds can change, yet death is forever. what are we going to decide?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
When the multi-national corporations, banks, and all the other big players control every political move. When these players have stacked the deck so that we have voted in "The lessor of two evils" for the past who knows how many years and have no chance to have any choice.

When we see the insanity of doing the same thing over and over for well past fifty years and it just keeps getting worse what are we supposed to do? Our system is broke beyond re[air in all three branches of Government and the media is biased and does not expose anything that has real value what is the answer?

What? Tell us.

In the long run the only conclusion becomes apparent.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yep, revolutions are generally, violent, bloody, and create more problems than they solve. America's Revolution was necessary, needed, and accomplished many good things over the long term. However, in its immediate aftermath There were many issues that were not solved so easily as many of the 'founding father' wanna bes want you to believe.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Not every Revolution is a violent one. Like the Industrial revolution do you think people had to start shooting and overthrowing the Government to get that one going?

Revolution can simply mean "Great Change". And I think we are in need of a great change.

Revolution-
A dramatic and wide-reaching change in the way something works or is organized or in people's ideas about it

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by alldaylong

Ahh yes, the Revolution fetishist. This kind of person is so incapable of thinking his/her own positions through enough to avoid being violent.

They lack patience and vision. They simply don't see the changes that can be made by learning why and how to steer an argument. It's an art.

But not a well practiced one. Is the government here totally out of control? Some would say yes, and I'm leaning that way as well, however, as a thinking person and avid study of history, I know all too well that VERY RARELY do revolutions lead to the rosy, BS, scenario envisioned by those who would be revolutionaries.
edit on 25-9-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Revolutions don't have to include violence, but they often do. John Adams was asked about The Revolution once. His answer:

"What do we mean by the Revolution? The war? That was no part of the revolution; it was only an effect and consequence of it. The revolution was in the minds of the people and this was effected from 1760–1775 in the course of fifteen years before a drop of blood was shed at Lexington."

In his, and many minds, the Revolution was what led to the fighting. And that's what America needs again. A revolution of thought and peaceful action. It will only lead to violence if absolutely necessary.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I am a U.S. citizen and I do not support a revolution, nor do I condone the more violent comments that I have seen recently on ATS and other sites (re: a judge in another thread there was a comment about lead indicating that the judge should be shot which was quickly followed by another comment in which a second poster made a comment about concrete shoes). I do support the return of a great deal of power to the states as the foundation of our Constitutional Republic establishes. I will hate what many of the states do with that power. But, I will have the option of living in a state that is run more to my liking. This country has always been rather diverse in terms of ideals and that was more functional when the states held the power. I recognize that many do not believe returning power to the states is either feasible or functional. I think the people who hold that opinion have been living the lie too long. I am not saying that it would be easy. But it would be right. And it would be a major step back in the right direction.

I would hope that the states would all provide for pensioners and make health care available to those who don't have it. So it isn't so much that I am against everything that has been done at a Federal level. But I object to the fact that the voices of those who do object is muffled. I object to the way things have been imposed upon us which are in violation of form of government. I am tired of seeing some folks game the system and take advantage of the best intentions of others. I believe I am in the increasinly not so silent majority.

And I believe I will see that change, without violence, in my lifetime.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join