It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A funny thing happened on the way to Doomsday.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I was off surfing the net and fact checking a few things I hadn't gotten to last night when I came across yet another thread about Elenin and the "alignments". That led me to the site I list below, and my point in sharing my thoughts this morning. First, please take a close look at this page....

Earthquakes and Elenin Alignments

Now I'd love people to look closely at the chart of alignments depicted here. First, let me note that like so may, this person seems hopelessly incapable of 3 dimensional thinking and checking angle to orbital plane never occurred to him. The alignments are rubbish on that basis....but I digress.

Notice something else about that date chart?? Remember now...this is hosted on the servers of a University and he's a member of faculty by the impression his other sites give. (check bottom of that page for credits and links) ......Everyone catch it? Is it too much trouble to spell the name of our little comet friend properly when one is attributing end times lore to it's presence? Elelin? Really???

Out of curiosity I went and looked up the primary site the author of this page runs as linked at the bottom of the "Elelin" page.

The rest of the story.....

Ahhhh... Yes.. You don't think he's got a itsy bitsy agenda thing going on here eh? Perhaps just a tiny ulterior motive in being a cheerleader for Elenin doom and gloom??

I guess the thought I carry away from this is and the whole Elenin scare in general is to always check for other agendas or motives a person has to personally gain by the position they insist is 'too important to ignore'.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So we are purposely being mislead?

OH WHAT NERVE !!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The first warning came at the very top of the page, with credit to some guy named Scott from a rapture website. Second red flag was the second sentence, having to do with an interview conducted by Fox. Those two strikes means anything else on the page is just a cartoon made by a delusional dingbat, no matter what credentials he pretends to have.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
Those two strikes means anything else on the page is just a cartoon made by a delusional dingbat, no matter what credentials he pretends to have.

Indeed. Unfortunately, I've seen parts of that data quoted verbatim (with spelling corrected) and pointed to as scientific fact.

Additionally, it's not lost on me that several graphics from the second site I linked have been used as supporting evidence or primary items of reference for posts both here at ATS and elsewhere for 2012 and general Doomsday threads. It seemed interesting to pass along. Nothing to see here beyond the curious nature of the Doomsday 'industry' and those who inhabit and work in it. I'm not sure what other word to use...industry just seems to fit in describing what it's become.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
# all that and credibility keep your eyes on stereo

new topics

top topics

join