It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry is Calling for Rumsfeld to Resign

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
FINALLY! Kerry finally found his cajones and is demanding that Rumsfeld resign. Kudos to Kerry. It's something that is badly needed. Rumsfeld and his people have made a complete and utter mess of Iraq and is destroying our military. The men and women in our armed forces deserve MUCH BETTER! Not only are his policies desasterous to our military, Rumsfeld should be charged and tried for war crimes for the the abuses committed on his watch.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Rummy has been a known weak spot in Bush armor since Abu Gharib. The smarmy "straight talking hip shooter" that joked with ease over daily press briefings of video showing "stuff we just blew up" practically went into hiding after the torture scandal and initial calls for his head.

I think the call for his resignation was right at the time (before becoming political), and remains right even from Kerry now...but it's been marginalized by Bush hiding crazy uncle Rummy all these months.

It would have helped with the effort for Iraqi hearts and minds at the time some concession were important, but we've been down this stubborn road so long... eh? Why bother? Let the whole cabinet of corruption go out together.

I'm one that actually likes Rummy and Cheney weighing Bush down. I'd even sign petitions to get Cheney/Rumsfeld on the RNC ballot for 2008!!! They're just that good at what they do!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Kerry should resign from being in this election. How can a self confessed war criminal complain about Rumsfeld and the Abu Gharib prisioner-gate. I find it funny that a man who would and did burn down villages and trash civilians houses has the cajones to call for someone else to resign. For a man who trashed his fellow veterans, sold out pow/mia's familys so his cousin could get a fat deal with the vietnamese government, and send our soldiers into harms way and then vote to not pay them, he sure has a great senate record. Oh yeah, that right, he doesn't have one thats strong on defense. Hey Kerry, we remember 9-11 and we will vote so you won't be able to sell us down the river like others you have already done.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Rummy has been a known weak spot in Bush armor since Abu Gharib. The smarmy "straight talking hip shooter" that joked with ease over daily press briefings of video showing "stuff we just blew up" practically went into hiding after the torture scandal and initial calls for his head.

I for one have never been a fan of Rummy except for the 'Old Europe" comment (I almost peed myself). He should have been sacked after he allowed the invasion to take place without enough troops. The bottom line is that the Buck stops with him. he should resign ASAP and maybe Place McCain in his place?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Does this mean Kerry isn't confident in winning the election then?

Hello! There's an election in a couple months, just win and you won't have to worry about him resigning. How would resigning now change anything??

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Kerry: Man, I gotta do something quick, hmmmm, I am fast slipping in the polls. How can I get attention off my screwed up military record, hmmmm, yeah, I'll come out and blast Rummy, call for his resignation.

whatever

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Kerry should resign from being in this election.

It is Bush who should not run again. He's a DESERTER. Instead of being in the White House, he should be in the Big House (at Ft. Leavenworth).

How can a self confessed war criminal complain about Rumsfeld and the Abu Gharib prisioner-gate.

This statement is pure bunk. If you have a transcript of him confessing to any war crime, please link it. Otherwise, stick to the facts.

I find it funny that a man who would and did burn down villages and trash civilians houses has the cajones to call for someone else to resign.

Again, please provide proof to back up your statement. I won't hold my breath.

For a man who trashed his fellow veterans,

Coming home and testifying before congress to the atrocities committed is NOT trashing his fellow vets. Let's get that straight. It's called telling the truth. I know that some out there simply CANNOT handle the truth, though. It's too bad. Self delusion is pathetic. He was speaking on behalf of the men who witnessed the atrocities. What he did was a brave and honorable thing. And I'm saying this as a Republican and a veteran.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
The bottom line is that the Buck stops with him. he should resign ASAP and maybe Place McCain in his place?

He would be an excellent replacement. I could see Kerry keeping him on, too. It would be nice to see a Republican in Kerry's administration.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Kerry: Man, I gotta do something quick, hmmmm, I am fast slipping in the polls. How can I get attention off my screwed up military record, hmmmm, yeah, I'll come out and blast Rummy, call for his resignation.

Yeah right! Dream on, buddy!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Good news.

However, Kerry should step down for being an incompetent truth teller...

He's a bad liar, an exaggerator, and I wouldn't want a dude like that having the authority to hold that damn nuclear activate button...

He's got a short temper, he's not objective, what kind of leader is that?

If he tried to get a ceo job in the real world his ass would so be canned.

I can't believe people vote for these people... Only an incompetent fool would seek out another incompetant fool. A flock of brain dead seagulls is all they are.

Not a leader, not a leader, so not a leader, who would follow this leader? Not me, not ever, no no no, i'm not a fool, i'm not someone to be bought, and like the rev said, "my vote is not for sale"

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well, TrueLies, we have a choice between Skull and between Bones. Just what exactly do you propose we do? Hmm?

Kerry's a better man than Bush will ever be. Your man Bush is a deserter, a coward, a former drunk, probly a former coke-head and an all around mindless, swaggering mama's boy. Yeah boy, W's the man!

Welcome to Bush country! Check your brains at the door.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Kerry is Calling for Rumsfeld to Resign......?

Hey, just exactly who hasn't called for Rumsfield resignation? Now Kerry throws his voice, comment, and thought into the 'ring' on Rumsfield? Bah....get in line John Freakin' Kerry, k?

Btw, ECK you are NOT Republican and have stated so in the past....whats with the change, eh? Even so, you can claim your whatever, but your actions speak well for Democrats and Kerry supporters....lack of convictions......

seekerof

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Kerry is Calling for Rumsfeld to Resign......?

Btw, ECK you are NOT Republican and have stated so in the past....whats with the change, eh? Even so, you can claim your whatever, but your actions speak well for Democrats and Kerry supporters

You know what Seekerof, that's NOT TRUE. Quote me on it, if you actually believe that. You can't though.

I've never voted for a Democrat in my life. People who are able to think independently are not afflicted with pack mentality. I have changed my views in a lot of ways. That's called growth. I will hop the fence in this election b/c it's only Bush and Kerry. Bush and his cronies are war criminals and should be thrown out on their a$$.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Quote you...nah...I'll let you slide ECK.......

As for Bush and such being war criminals, whatever.....you'll be voting for one yourself, and I'm definately not speaking of Bush, dear.

seekerof

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Just noticed this:
www.johnkerry.com...

This isn't exactly something new of course.

From May 8th, 2004 Washington Times:
www.washtimes.com...

From Sept 26th, 2003 MSNBC.com:
msnbc.msn.com...

I guess it's become an "old faithful"?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by True Lies

Good news.

However, Kerry should step down for being an incompetent truth teller...

He's a bad liar, an exaggerator, and I wouldn't want a dude like that having the authority to hold that damn nuclear activate button...

If he tried to get a ceo job in the real world his would so be canned.

I can't believe people vote for these people... Only an incompetent fool would seek out another incompetant fool. A flock of brain dead seagulls is all they are.

Not a leader, not a leader, so not a leader, who would follow this leader? Not me, not ever, no no no, i'm not a fool, i'm not someone to be bought, and like the rev said, "my vote is not for sale"

I suppose you'd make a better leader? Could you provide better alternatives rather than being another Michael Moore by moaning and whinging without providing alternatives.

At least Kerry has the right vision for America, can't say the same for Bush.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Your actually talking about Kerry? It sounds more like Bush to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Quote you...nah...I'll let you slide ECK[/b
seekerof

Seekerof,
your statement was false. I'd appreciate it if you'd acknowledge that.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Good news.

However, Kerry should step down for being an... incompetent truth teller

incompetent truth teller... as in he is incompetent at telling the truth or incompetent because he tells the truth.

He is a bad liar.. perhaps you would prefer someone good at lying? Somone who is bad at lying is usualy bad at it because they are not used to lying.

When has Kerry ever lost his temper? and in what way is he not Objective? He has often stated and shown that he wants to hear both sides to arguments and ready many differant papers to get stories told from differant points of view.

Canned as a CEO.. umm Kerry has been quite succesfull in his business.. Bush is the one who has run every company he has been in charge of into Bankrupsy.

I have read your post probibly 6 or 7 times... I am honeslty not sure who you are talking about.. the more I ready it the more it sounds like your talking about Bush.. are you?

Wraith

Ohh and PS for Eastcoast.. your absouly right that guy/girl either needs to quote you or retract his accusations.. jsut a BS I'll let you slide this time is a load of crap.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by wraith30]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Quote you...nah...I'll let you slide ECK[/b
seekerof

Seekerof,
your statement was false. I'd appreciate it if you'd acknowledge that.

I don't think so ECK......
If you don't like what I accused you of, then get a mod to remove my post making said accusations, k, cause till then, with or with out me digging through all your loaded postings to find where you indeed have made such inclinations as I have so claimed.....my post and comments will NOT be retracted. Bet.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join