It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Plans to Eavesdrop the Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The good ol' Fed is taking a page out of DHS books (and Obama's as well) and has sent out a proposal to create an internet eavesdropping utility to gauge public sentiment on Fed initiatives.

To wit, they want a:

"Social Listening Platform" whose function is to "gather data from various social media outlets and news sources."

It will "monitor billions of conversations and generate text analytics based on predefined criteria." The Fed's desired product should be able to "determine the sentiment of a speaker or writer with respect to some topic or document"... "The solution must be able to gather data from the primary social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Forums and YouTube.

It should also be able to aggregate data from various media outlets such as: CNN, WSJ, Factiva etc.
" Most importantly, the "Listening Platform" should be able to "Handle crisis situations, Continuously monitor conversations, and Identify and reach out to key bloggers and influencers."

So, beyond being able to control the entire US of A's purse strings, the Fed now wants to be a spy agency, pulling off counterespionage and disinformation campaigns? Anybody else find this terrifying?

Let's give them a few "sentiments" to read, shall we?

The full text of the Fed's proposal can be found HERE

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well I say dissolve the federal reserve! Go back to the gold standard and quit printing fiat currency! There I said it!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Interestingly annoying OP

Hah! what the hell are they gonna come up with next ?
I say good luck to them, there ain't no chance them fed's be eavesdropping on my convo's...screw you fed's

peace
fluffx

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
half the trackers my browser blocks are US companies already, this isn't something new, except for the thought crime aspect

I'd like to know the legalities of data they collect from other countries, this is clearly yet another step against privacy, the film 'enemy of the state' doesn't even cut it at an explaination anymore, all the fears of what may come have happened and moreso.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

Sounds like to me the Banksters are getting worried. Don't forget the Fed is made up of the same banking families that rule the worlds banking and finances. Or are connected to them. I am sure they mean world wide since they are nothing more than a criminal cartel who has managed to buy the worlds governments to pass laws to cover their criminal actions. Apparently they are seeing a crack and are worried that there may be some countries and their agencies they are not sure if they can be trusted. Personally I find it amusing in a twisted way. All I can say to the jerks run to the hills or your tunnels. We know who you are and we know what you have done.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Gee Wiz....

why can't they just use the CIA's programs ?

Oh wait......

that would cost less...

and how many real people actually understand the FED policies anyway ?

sounds like another money funnel to me.

the results will be based on phony info from their sock puppets

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Please post your comments in this earlier thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join