It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru Confirmed By Scientist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

OP --

If you say "I'm not saying 2012 is real, but Nibiru may be real", the that does not make any sense.

Of course there might be another planet somewhere out there beyond Pluto -- I don't think any astronomer would count that possibility out -- but the whole point of the "Nibiru Myth" is that it will return in 2012, causing problems (and possibly great destruction) here on Earth.

If you are simply talking about other planets -- ones whose orbit will not necessarily bring it near Earth -- then you are NOT talking Nibiru.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Actually the 2012-Nibiru connection comes Nancy Lieder. Sitchin says that it will return in 2900. That doesn't make it anymore real, but Nibiru does not necessarily go hand in hand with 2012.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
hmm maybe the reason the hypothetical system was destroying itself,
is because he didn't use the correct values ?

Just a thought.

And misleading title, it doesn't mention nibiru in the article at all
And he hasn't confirmed anything, this is all theory.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Thank you for giving me this information, what the # can I do about it ? If it's real, it's real and we'll go down. But what are we supposed to do ? Knowing this information doesn't save us, it doesn't do anything. It is nice to be informed but what can I do ?

Will Nibiru away with our minds ? Telepathically, command it to go away ? Yeah, I don't think it works like that. If we're going, we're going.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

Much to learn, young Padwan has, hmm

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If you are interested I found an interesting, not doom and gloom 2012 -ish, and i thought half-decent article on niburu (planet around brown dwarf) here

www.darkstar1.co.uk...

I am no astrologer but the bloke puts it forward very well - and no niburu crashing into us or offloading annunakis or ufo's or tidal waves or comets crashing into Paris

actually it fits in well to the official nasa story about a briown dwarf lurking out past the kupier belt

you may even fold up your umbrella and sit in the sunshine again

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

I heard maybe about 6 years ago that the formation of the outer gas giants can't be accounted for now i see this article though i don't like to jump to conclusions though it would be nice to find out that Zecharia Sitchin was not a fiction writer but until it appears in my scope i will just say "very Intreasting" & TY for the Article >.....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am not an astrophysicist. Nor am I a scientist. I am actually an mechanical engineer. And a Reader. My studies are the many thousands of books I have read in my life. Along with magazine articles, technical papers, and so on.
I am the only person in my County that can check 30 books at a time from the local library. I am reading three books right now. I got it from books, a thing that is slowly but surely going the way of many other good things, lost in history. I read of a plan to place all books on an internet database.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I'm not afraid of death, bring it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Actually the 2012-Nibiru connection comes Nancy Lieder. Sitchin says that it will return in 2900. That doesn't make it anymore real, but Nibiru does not necessarily go hand in hand with 2012.

Uh, Nibiru for the billionth time, is Jupiter. Nibiru is the Babylonian name for Jupiter. This other thing, is most likely a brown dwarf star which is a failed star that didnt have enough fuel or mass to ignite. There is no Nibiru in the sense youre thinking of where it will come to earth, barring some catastophic disaster where jupiter gets blown out of its orbit and comes flying at us.

Don't go believing everything Sitchin said 100%, his interpretations are his interpretations, it doesnt mean its the truth its just his opinion on the matter. If his so called "anunnaki" actually existed they would have left their technology behind somewhere, yet amazingly enough there is nada. Sitchin was in the business of selling books to people who believe in extra terrestrials.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Not in any way knocking the OP, just trying to follow the logic here...

The results of a computer simulation have shown that our solar system had a higher probability of attaining its current state with the inclusion of an additional planet between Mars and Jupiter. Sounds good.

But does this necessarily prove the existence of Nibiru? I can think of several factors that could have led to the destruction of this hypothetical (at least at this point) planet, that do not include Nibiru.

I am familiar with Sitchin's interpretation of the Sumerian texts, and while I understand that this scientist's theory/evidence dovetails nicely with Sitchin's interpretation of their creation story, I'm not sure that I would call it proof of the existence of Nibiru. Interesting nonetheless, and while I do tend to believe that at one time there may have been an additional member of our solar system, at this point I'd just call it another piece of the puzzle.

Granted, the Sumerians did seem to have a body of knowledge that is mind-boggling, and that I find to be the more believable amongst the host of creation stories. Who knows.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
If you are interested I found an interesting, not doom and gloom 2012 -ish, and i thought half-decent article on niburu (planet around brown dwarf) here

www.darkstar1.co.uk...

I am no astrologer but the bloke puts it forward very well - and no niburu crashing into us or offloading annunakis or ufo's or tidal waves or comets crashing into Paris

actually it fits in well to the official nasa story about a briown dwarf lurking out past the kupier belt

you may even fold up your umbrella and sit in the sunshine again

That's a very intreasting theory but I as an amature Astronomer can't see how nibiru can get enough light for photosynthesis nevermind having very low temperatures depending on atmospheric conditions. So while this theory is intreasting i could not in good conscience support it because under those conditions i could'nt see how it could support life or even liquid water for that fact! Though to be fair i did'nt read the whole article, the reason being, once i saw the orbit plots of how far from any star Nibiru was orbiting according to the The 3-Body Solution
it failed to make any real sense IMO!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

reply to post by clutch36hp

That must have been one tiny planet. The mass of the entire asteroid belt is only 4% of the mass of the Moon.

If hollow planet theory is true, perhaps whats left of the belt is indeed the contents of a planet.

Another thought is if a planet is smashed to bits, what happens to its liquid core, does to bounce away and become another planet somewhere else leaving its shattered crust afloat?

-GM

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I have to say I find anything about the 'Niburu' subject utterly fascinating. I am still actually contemplating its existance too.

Many years ago (I leaf back in time to a more dewy faced persona) I was a bit of a geek for Library books but I had in my possession an old book of myths and many scientific subjects which, I cannot remember its title now.
I remember thinking after a lot of study that there must be 12 planets. To me it seemed to make a lot of sense with the 12 Zodiacal constellations, 12 Apostles, 12 months of the year etc. There is an argument that the 'Lost Zodiac' actually has 13 astrological signs, therefore the '13th planet' I considered to be 'the moon'. After reading considerably and probably superficially and skimming subject after subject I seemed to decide that when we get the Alpha Draconis star back as the 'pole star' that we would also get the answers to the pyramids. It may be noted that at one time in history Alpha Draconis lit the the main 'hallway/passageway' at Giza until it was no longer the pole star.

I remember combining the story of the muses, of Zeus Cronus (Saturn) and the TITANS and linking everything at the time also to biblical reference (this could get boring when I try to explain something) and it seemed to me that Saturn is in fact very important in the Bible possibly as 'the father'. I also felt the word GOD came from Canis Major and Canis Minor they being otherwise known as the dog stars and that Earth being the third planet came from KA - canine ( 3rd planet) out of the 'known nine'. Well I did say this would be complex and indeed I am quite awful explaining how I arrive at things. However, with all this swimming in my head I felt that we had 12 planets - one exploded around saturn making the rings and somehow affecting magnetics hence bringing the Moon closer to the earth. That might account for 9 planets plus the Moon - that leaves two more.

It was suggested that a 10th planet was discovered some while ago and that leaves one . That 'one' could be Niburu but if it were so and it is part of our solar system then all the 12 planets to my mind would be 'brothers and sisters' of the same 'group' therefore, if Niburu were real I would certainly not consider it a threat.

This link tells us a little of Canis Major

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course there is no real credibility in my musings and Im quite sure that I am not scientific enough to see huge massive flaws in what seems to be my own strange way of thinking but I really do think the word GOD came from the stars because of the Stars that they are. I often feel that deeply religious people might not appreciate that my view of 'god' is not a man in a robe on a white horse coming in the sky to set things straight. I rather think it will be a shifting of the stars in the heavens because clearly we were knocked off our orbit sometime back in history and if anything that changed a lot of perceptions and likely the word 'god' rather got lost in myth itself.

I know I have rambled rather unintelligibly but I will try to do better next time.

As for Niburu, yes I am quite intrigued about the entire possibilities of it - but I also believe its possible that we are filled with the wrong notions about what it might represent. I love the Anunuki connection as they are very real people being some of earths very first black inhabitants, but thats what the books say so Im just repeating that. Our history is so fascinating and so wonderful we should never be afraid of exploring it nor should be scare ourselves believing that there is a death planet out there waiting to crush us. I somehow feel in my own soul that this is really not the case but simply that we must dig deeper and look to the North American Indian tribes and their ancestral whispers. They passed everything generation to generation and they did not need to write things down. Whether their whispers would have become expanded into something out of proportion over periods of history cannot be known, but I find the DOGON tribe the most fascinating simply because if you reverse that it actually says NOGOD - intriguing or just babble from me so late at night?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Phage

I am not an astrophysicist. Nor am I a scientist. I am actually an mechanical engineer. And a Reader. My studies are the many thousands of books I have read in my life. Along with magazine articles, technical papers, and so on.
I am the only person in my County that can check 30 books at a time from the local library. I am reading three books right now. I got it from books, a thing that is slowly but surely going the way of many other good things, lost in history. I read of a plan to place all books on an internet database.

books!

yes reading books is perhaps a dying trend

I keep my money in books (to quote chris rock) as books is like kryptonite to some folks

reminds me of the story told by William Cooper about the 'books' he found at the nasa JPL - that had un-doctored photos of interesting lunar artifacts

what we need now are some new ancient scroll discoveries to fuel the subject of our ancient solar system

- however around here its easier if we can find a web-page
edit on 25-9-2011 by Highlander64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

On top of what Phage has asked, I was also wondering if you could could point us in the direction of these other authors that have written about Nibiru. I'm also wondering if they use sources that aren't Sitchin.

Sure, here you go.

A Roman historian named Tsenzorin 3rd-2nd century BC. E.) Argued that the Earth is undergoing a great upheaval every 21,600 years. This, incidentally, exactly six treatment periods Nibiru and ten periods of change in the sign of the zodiac.

Since Henry Rawlinson's (1810–1895) discovery of the Behistun inscriptions in 1835, Akkadian texts written in cuneiform script were gradually deciphered.

By 1850, Edward Hincks (1792–1866) came to suspect a non-Semitic origin for cuneiform. Semitic languages are structured according to consonantal forms, whereas cuneiform was a syllabary, binding consonants to particular vowels. Furthermore, no Semitic words could be found to explain the syllabic values given to particular signs.

In 1855 Rawlinson announced the discovery of non-Semitic inscriptions at the southern Babylonian sites of Nippur, Larsa, and Erech. Julius Oppert suggested that a non-Semitic, "Turanian" language had preceded Akkadian in Mesopotamia, and that this language had evolved the cuneiform script.

In 1856, Hincks argued that the untranslated language was agglutinative in character. The language was called "Scythic" by some, and wasn't differentiated from Akkadian by others. In 1869, Oppert proposed the name "Sumerian", based on the known title "King of Sumer and Akkad". If Akkad signified the Semitic portion of the kingdom, Sumer might describe the non-Semitic annex.

Ernest de Sarzec (1832-1901) began excavating the Sumerian site of Tello (ancient Girsu, capital of the state of Lagash) in 1877, and published the first part of Découvertes en Chaldée with transcriptions of Sumerian tablets in 1884. The University of Pennsylvania began excavating Sumerian Nippur in 1888. A Classified List of Sumerian Ideographs by R. Brünnow appeared in 1889. Credit for being first to scientifically treat a bilingual Sumerian-Akkadian text belongs to Paul Haupt (1858-1926), who published Die sumerischen Familiengesetze (The Sumerian family laws): in Keilschrift, Transcription und Übersetzung : nebst ausführlichem Commentar und zahlreichen Excursen : eine assyriologische Studie (Leipzig : J. C. Hinrichs, 1879).

citizendia.org...

Tablets in the Babylonian Collection have been catalogued on a sophisticated electronic database, made possible by the National Endowment for the Humanities Access to Collections Program.

Most tablets in the Collection are now electronically searchable under various rubrics such as text type, date, period, and keywords. In addition, printed volumes cataloging texts by period and collection are in preparation in a series entitled Babylonian Collections at Yale, four volumes published. These may be ordered from CDL Press (Bethesda, Maryland). The Babylonian Collection maintains a complete reference library, adjacent to the workrooms, in the fields of Assyriology and Ancient Near Eastern studies, including about 13,000 books and serials and over 10,000 offprints.

www.yale.edu...

Sumerian language
www.britannica.com...#

Ancient Sumeria
Primary Author:
Robert A. Guisep
Portions of this work Contributed By:
F. Roy Willis of the University of California

Ancient History: Thought and Experience from Gilgamesh to St. Augustine, 4th
Lexington, MA: D. C. Heath, 1992

Planet X and The Kolbrin Bible Connection:
Why The Kolbrin Bible is the Rosetta Stone of Planet X

Nibiru and the Anunnaki by D.M.
(author who wishes to stay anonymous)
1980 and 2003

Anunnaki, UFOs, Extraterrestrials & Afterlife Greatest Information As Revealed by De Lafayette: Selections from his 50 years of studying with Anunnaki Ulema, his secret findings & his writings, by Maximillien de Lafayette

These last are book s in my own, personal library, I am sure there are many more. I first heard abut the Planet Nibiru, the Winged Planet, from my Great Uncle, a well read man who worked in Naval Special Operations. He regaled me with tales of the Annunaki Gods, and how they taught man how to make steel, form that into swords, and fight is wars not of their doing. I read some articles in Fate Magazine, I was a subscriber for many years. Then my uncle, who was involved with a UFO Club and Mufon told me about Planet X, the Destroyer. I first read Zecharia Sitchin with the book "The Earth Chronicles Expeditions: Journeys to the Mythical Past." I still have the paperback, it has been read so many times the pages are falling out.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I agree, this cannot be the so called "Niburu." A lot of the ancient alien theories are conceived through Summarian texts... which entitle the aliens, or "gods"... came from the a 10th planet in our solar system, Nibiru. Now, if the Scientist from the article was describing Nibiru, it would make no sense, seeing how he clearly describes a GAS planet... aliens, more than likely, would not exist there.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by clutch36hp

That must have been one tiny planet. The mass of the entire asteroid belt is only 4% of the mass of the Moon.

That's just what's left. The rest of the pieces didn't settle into orbit, but pummeled other planets, were pulled into the sun or were ejected from the galaxy. The asteroid belt is just the remnant pieces that found a gravitational balance and remained in an orbit and settled into a belt shape over time.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
i dont know if it fits with this thread, but if nibiru is another gas giant (if its there at all), how can we be sure that its not a y-dwarf?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ELEVATOR7

Actually we are experiencing a 13th zodiac sign now....i used to be a capricorn now im a sag they tell me.....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well if this computer simulation 'proves' the existence of 'Nibiru' then we can at least sleep soundly knowing that Nibiru was ejected from the solar systems billions of years ago, long before the planets reached their current orbital configuration or life appeared on Earth, and has never been seen since.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join