It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul : I'd consider putting Kucinich in my cabinet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well this is quite good. Kucinich is probably among the only honest people in the house, along with Paul and Bernie Sanders in the senate.

Ron Paul says he'd consider putting Dennis Kucinich in his Cabinet

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) says he would consider putting the liberal congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) in his Cabinet if he were to win the presidency in 2012.

Paul said his libertarian political philosophy helps him connect with some on the far left — including Kucinich, who shares Paul’s general anti-war stance.

Paul joked that if he brought the Ohio congressman aboard in his administration, he might have to create a "Department of Peace."

"You've got to give credit to people who think," he said.

"Being pragmatic is about forming coalitions," Paul said at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor.

Even if Kucinich is anti-gun, he's an honest guy and he's the only one with enough balls and integrity to introduce a bill to impeach Bush back in the day and read the whole bill in front of the house for hours.

Kucinich 2008 presidential campaign interesting points :

#The immediate, phased withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq; replacing them with an international security force.
# Immediate withdrawal from the World Trade Organization (WTO) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
# Immediate repeal of the USA PATRIOT Act.
# Abolishing the death penalty.
Creating a moratorium on Genetically Modified Organism (GMO).
# Ending the War on Drugs.
# Restoring rural communities and family farms.
# Legalizing medicinal marijuana and decriminalizing non-medical possession.
# Creating a cabinet-level "Department of Peace"

edit on 25-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'd much rather vote for a Kucinich presidency with Ron Paul in the administration, but this is a good sign.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'd much rather vote for a Kucinich presidency with Ron Paul in the administration, but this is a good sign.

Me, too.

But Paul later, through a spokesperson, said the statement was a "joke", not really gonna happen. And while he understands about political pragmatism and coalitions, he goes on to say he will neither run a pragmatic campaign nor forge coalitions to grow a base. He has said before his run for POTUS is not meant to be taken seriously but rather...

Paul said his presidential campaign is more about an "educational effort" of libertarian philosophies than a reflection of his personal ambition.

Ok, Dennis, now it's your turn to invite RP into a cabinet.
...and keep an "educational effort" of Progressive governing philosophy!
edit on 25-9-2011 by desert because: sounded better

join