Originally posted by Dark Ghost
If you could create a list of 10 Commandments designed to better Humanity, what would you include? The idea is to include regulations that you
feel would positively benefit modern society - not what you believe some higher power would want you to adhere to. The list can be as creative
as you like, but please try to keep each one as concise as possible.
Worldwide, I can only think of one -
1. Never physically attack another nation for any reason, whatsoever.
On a local level, I'd like to live in a community with these commandments:
1. Never physically attack another person for any reason, whatsoever.
2. Prison would be used only for violent (and/or sexual) offenses. All others crimes would be punished with community service and fines (always both,
never one without the other).
3. Every law would be decided upon by direct democratic vote.
4. No substance would be illegal. If you commit a crime under the influence of a substance, part of the punishment would include educational courses
as they currently do with alcohol related crimes.
5. No healthcare charges, period. If we can afford to police the world with state-of-the-art expenses, we can afford to take care of our basic human
6. No tuition costs. Educating our citizens is in our own best interests. Charging people to contribute to society is a completely backwards
7. Homelessness and starvation will not be tolerated. Ever.
8. Marriage should be replaced by "domestic partnership" and can be filed by groups of up to six people and of any orientation. Incest and
statutory laws would still apply. Marriage could still take places in churches just like always but that tradition would be independent from the
9. Gaining citizenship would only require taking an oath to uphold these commandments and a promise to take some mandatory courses.
10. Every citizen would be required to enlist in government service for one year after high school graduation. (protecting the border, building
shelters, growing food, etc)