It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lindsey Graham : All options are on the table against Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Senator says "all options on table" on Pakistan

The United States will have to consider all options "including defending our troops" in confronting Pakistani support for militant networks fighting U.S. soldiers in the region, a senator said on Sunday.

"We need to put Pakistan on notice," Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican member of the Armed Services Committee said on "Fox News Sunday."

"It destabilizes Afghanistan. They're killing American soldiers. If they continue to embrace terrorism as part of their national strategy we're going to have to put all options on the table, including defending our troops."

Lindsey, what about, you cut all funding to Pakistan and withdraw troops from Afghanistan? That way, no American will die... that or go to war with Pakistan, which has NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

And let me remind you that it's the US government and the CIA that funded their government, helped their dictatorship stay in place, used the ISI as a proxy to give money, training and arms to islamists so they would defeat the Soviet forces in Afghanistan... little problem, those schools of training were never closed, they are still operating today.

So Lindsey, shut up or solve the real problem of all this, it's not Pakistan helping terrorists, it's the US violation of Pakistan sovereignty with drones, dictatorship propping, ISI control through the CIA and presence in Afghanistan that's the problem and what is pushing some people in the ISI to fund and advice militants to attack US forces in Afghanistan.

The senator did not elaborate on what U.S. military action he would advocate if the situation did not change.

Of course. You just want to appear to be tough, you have no freaking idea of what's going on there nor how to solve it.

Eh Graham, don't want US troops getting killed? GET THE HELL OUT OF AFGHANISTAN.

And surprise surprise, the group he is accusing of killing US troops was funded by who?
By the US gov. of course

The network's founder is Jalaluddin Haqqani, an Afghan guerrilla leader bankrolled by the United States to fight Soviet troops in Afghanistan in the 1980s and now based with his family in Pakistan.

Surprise surprise!
edit on 25-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Graham should insist that every relative in his family that is eligible to serve enlists in the United States military prior to any acts of war against Pakistan.

Cowardly pieces of #s always love to wave sabres knowing damn well they aren't in danger of getting cut

edit on 25-9-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

You are totally right. I say draft his kids, grand kids and friends.

Every bastard who votes for ANY war should have everyone in his family that can serve be drafted.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Pakistan has a formidable army, and as OP stated, nuclear warheads. The American army is not at it's strongest point. Spread out through the middle east along with a debt crisis at home, doesn't make for good prerequisites to a new war movement.

For a lack of a better term, I don't think they have the balls

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Personally I think its time to arrest all these pieces of trash. All they think about is more killing and bankrupting the American people. I can remember the time that it was said. Put a Democrat in office and get a war. Put a Republican in office and get a depression. Shows how things have changed. Put either side in Office you get a war and a depression. Get the entire lot rounded up and haqve some trials.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Graham served in the U.S.Air Force from 1982 to 1988.
He has since served in the U.S. Air Force Reserves.
Was called to active duty during the Gulf War at McEntire Air National Guard Station in Eastover, South Carolina, instructing departing pilots on the laws of war
Served on active duty in Iraq during April and also two weeks in August 2007.
Served in Afghanistan during the August 2009 Senate recess.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just saying.........

However, yeah, let's get the hell out of Afghanistan and stop our incursions into Pakistan..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by Vitchilo

Personally I think its time to arrest all these pieces of trash. All they think about is more killing and bankrupting the American people. I can remember the time that it was said. Put a Democrat in office and get a war. Put a Republican in office and get a depression. Shows how things have changed. Put either side in Office you get a war and a depression. Get the entire lot rounded up and haqve some trials.

Amen!!!! Round them all up, and have plenty of blindfolds and cigarettes ready for them.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

For a lack of a better term, I don't think they have the balls

Oh America has the balls ,no question about that ,the problem is ,America is to wrapped up in the defense of Israel.

Pakistan ISI are not so welcoming to the CIA anymore ,things turn sour a while ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A ananlogy I like to use is,

We trained this dog to hunt, to attack for our self interest, and now it is running around the neighborhoods attcking others.

At some point, if we don't put it down, someone else will. And we will still be the cuplable party.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Graham served in the U.S.Air Force from 1982 to 1988.
He has since served in the U.S. Air Force Reserves.
Was called to active duty during the Gulf War at McEntire Air National Guard Station in Eastover, South Carolina, instructing departing pilots on the laws of war
Served on active duty in Iraq during April and also two weeks in August 2007.
Served in Afghanistan during the August 2009 Senate recess.

Sounds dangerous..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
hes my Senator

but since his positions on the bailouts etc... I no longer support the man

i keep sending him emails though and his interns & staff send personal replies...in a not too timely manner

he's lost touch with myself & my vote

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Post removed.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Lindsey, what about, you cut all funding to Pakistan and withdraw troops from Afghanistan

Thanks for posting this very important article.

I say cut all funding of Pakistan and stay the course in Afghanistan. We the US cut and ran once already in Afghanistan after the Soviets pulled out [Which created the environment for the Taliban to flourish] and now some are advocating doing it again?

Pakistan has always been dragging their feet. They have a tough balancing act between half of their population [City Dwellers] who have a closer connection with the Modern West and the other Half [Mostly rural] Who have close ties with more hard core Islamic beliefs.

This is exactly why they have been playing both sides of the fence. They don't want the situation to threaten their hold on power by either side. The problem is that they lose credibility by not staying consistent.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Why is it that "all options" actually means only one option, the worst, dumbest, most idiotic idea is the ONLY option they're ACTUALLY talking about.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
CIA controls ISI and thus the terrorists.So,what is Graham blabbing about?
He wants a war ,a nuclear one for depopulation of South Asia.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Well well well. Graham's bluff called.

Pak army defies US, will not attack Haqqani group: Report

Pakistan's military will not take action against a militant group Washington blames for an attack against its embassy in Kabul, despite mounting American pressure to do so, a Pakistani newspaper reported on Monday.

So what it will be?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
As long as America retains functional control of the region, the natives are free to engage in whatever jihad fantasies they desire. Sadly, with this recent jihad attack, the Americans will not be so kind and understanding going forward.

Pakistan is not as mighty as they think. Indeed, Pakistan is a third rate power in the backward part of the world being toyed with by the great powers for fun and profit. Fools.

Stop the Jihad or Gitmo will never "close".

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It just got more complicated...

Pakistan intelligence chief leaves for Saudi Arabia

Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) chief Lt.Gen. Ahmad Shuja Pasha left for Saudi Arabia on Monday after Pakistan-U.S. ties was strained over the U. S. accusation that ISI supported Haqqani network in recent attacks on U.S. targets in Afghanistan, local media reported.

Top military commanders met on Sunday to propose the visit to Saudi Arabia by the ISI chief to brief Saudi leaders on the Pakistan-U.S. tension, reports said..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
And even more :
As U.S.-Pakistan Rift Widens, China Tells U.S. to Respect Pakistan’s ‘Sovereignty’

Beijing is sending a senior politician for talks Monday with President Asif Ali Zardari, two days after the Chinese foreign ministry warned the U.S. to respect Pakistan’s “sovereignty and territorial integrity.”

Now China involving themselves...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Our military doesn't have the guts to confront Pakistan. They're already pulling out of Iraq and now got plans to pull out of Afghanistan. Our military used to be something our country was proud of. What gets my blood going is now they want to cut defense spending.

At this rate, our country will be a nobody in 10 years, tops. That's sad because we represent the bulk of the fighting force that keeps the world safe from extremist islam and china.

I pray that the patriots in military circles make their voices heard so that our military doesn't take the easy way out. We have to keep an iron fist on Pakistan because that's the only thing they know. Appeasement, historically, rarely works. We have to be prepared for all out war.

Additionally, Iran is right next to Pakistan and Afghanistan. Iran is a increasing problem. I think war with them is inevitable. I have no doubt in my mind that they're feeding this war.

Additionally, we may need a draft. Our military troops are overworked and exhausted.

And negotiation? Lol! If Pakistan wanted to talk, we wouldn't be in this mess!!!
edit on 26-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join