It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Palestinians angry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Watch the following video, and then ask yourself those questions:

1) If you had to pass multiple checkpoints every day, on land that used to be yours, how would you feel?
2) Do you think what the conservative Israeli government (I'm not talking about all Jews!!) does is fair?
3) Would you just swallow it and ignore the suppression of civil liberties and freedom?

Let's pretend the Native Americans claim it's their land, and you could only move around the US from check point to check point? If they systematically removed your own houses to build Native American settlements...and you had NO SAY in it whatsoever? I wonder what those conservatives supporting Israel now would do, the very same guys who brag about their guns, and willingness to defend themselves and their land. But for some reason it's not ok if the Palestinians do it??? Not even if they do it in a non-violent way by applying for country status??

Bunch of HYPOCRITES!!! And don't even pretend religion doesn't play a role in this!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

maybe they would be less angry if they were allowed to have a country.......

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Also that their way of life as in their homes and even their olive trees used to make a living, are being bulldozed to make room for new settlements.

This is exactly how Rachel Corrie was bulldozed and killed.

Rest In Peace Rachel.

We are certain that You are in a better place now...

PEACE

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I love how our country gives our tax money to a goddamn apartheid state.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If someone came in my house and declared they were now going to take over my living room, bathroom, and kitchen without me having no power over it I would be pretty mad too.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The Palestinians are angry because they only have rocks to throw instead of guns to shoot most of the time.

This is pure oppression on behalf of Israel.

Give these people guns and the near decade long conflict would solve itself in just one year or less.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's about time the US population stands up against this unethical behavior and says "no more!". Especially given the horrible state of their own budget, and the billions of US taxpayer money going to Israel in support of that unethical behavior.

How on earth is it right to send taxpayer money to a state suppressing freedoms, while at the same time you argue cutting services for US citizens is necessary?? Is anyone going to argue that if they see an American living on the street without a job or food, they'd tell him "sorry mate, we need to send money to Israel...don't have any for you left over!"?

This hypocrisy has to stop. The US did the same with Libya at first. They KNEW he was a horrible torturing dictator, but since he was convenient for them (torture prisons off the grid of international law, oil, etc.) they wouldn't speak up for a long time. How can the US people just stand by and allow their politicians to blatantly go against freedom, liberties, and general ethics??? Aren't "freedom & liberties" a key credo for the US? Or does this only count for Americans and it's ok to take freedom/liberties away as long as those guys are non-Americans (or non-Christians)?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'd be angry too if one day I woke up and I saw foreign troops in the land my family lived in for the past thousands of years. I'd be angry if I did not have a country to call home. I'd also be angry if all we had were rocks and stones fighting against a technologically advanced nation. I think you get my drift.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It may also be instructive to look at it in a more historical basis, with less parallels to the current situation.

The native americans effectively dominated the continent prior to the arrival of the various europeans, then over time, the euopeans started to spread and take over increasing amounts of territory previously held by the indians, induced various controls, shuttered them in certain areas, and generally acted in a somewhat-comparable fashion.

What happened? We had ongoing hostilities with the indians up through the 1890s, about 120 years after we recognized this (parts of it, anyway) as our land and declared the founding of the US.

Were the native americans terrorists? No, they were defending they and theirs. Were they happy with what we had done? Of course not. Did they react violently? Sometimes yes, for fairly obvious reasons. We were taking their land and property and attacking their societies and cultures, resources, and so forth.

It's simply common sense that when you come in and start taking over peoples' previously-held land, treat them unequally and control/limit them, and have ongoing hostilities with them, things get unpleasant and there's resentment on all sides. It happened here, and just looking at the historical comparison, there could easily be another 60 years of hostilities in Israel, with a possible result (barring changes) being the decimation of 95% of the 'indigenous' palestinian population with those remaining effectively being shuttered in reservations and otherwise acclimated - to their cultural loss - into Israeli society.

And to those who say they should just leave and go to other 'arab' nations - would it have been right for us to just say the indians should have just sucked it up and left 'america'?

Just some things to think about.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Why are the Palestinians angry?

In 1948, the UN proposed a two state solution that the jews accepted and the palestinians declined. The Arab authorities then advised some 700,000 palestinians to flee the region in advance of a coordinated attack by surrounding Arab nations, so that the jews could be pushed into the sea.

Well, that strategy didn't work out too well for them, considering that Israel destroyed it's enemies in the War Of Independence, and the palestinian refugees that left were refused a safe haven by surrounding Arab countries.

As for the Arabs in former Palestine that stayed, well they became part of the State Of Israel, and gained full citizenship. Today, 1.5 million Arab Israeli citizens live in Israel (not Gaza/West Bank), and they enjoy the benefits of the lifestyle afforded to them by the Israeli democracy. These 1.5 million Arab Israelis that were not sworn to the destruction of jews in the region have become a vibrant part of the Israeli community. Many are affluent, they serve in the IDF, are members of the Knesset, and play for the Israeli national soccer team.

Most Arab Israelis enjoy a much higher standard of living than Arabs living in Muslim countries. It's a fact. If Palestine was granted statehood, the Arab Israeli citizens would never give up their Israeli citizenship to move there, as they would have too much to lose.

Sorry to disappoint all the haters with irrefutable facts.

edit on 25-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Most Arab Israelis enjoy a much higher standard of living than Arabs living in Muslim countries. It's a fact. If Palestine was granted statehood, the Arab Israeli citizens would never give up their Israeli citizenship to move there, as they would have too much to lose.

Yes, judging from the past 30+ years of fighting, they don't want that country anyway...makes total sense!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You can’t get it through your head that they are not fighting to get a country. They just want the country as a leveraging tool in the fight against the “filthy Israelis”.

They are fighting the Arab fight to wipe Jews from the face of the earth.

It’s that simple.

They will try anything that will help achieve that aim.
Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Why are they mad
, maybe you should ask why Zionist Israel are declaring stolen land theirs? If anyone has to be blamed it should be blamed on Americans who pay them to occupy these lands. If Israel was to be left alone and survive on their own, I doubt they could even defend Jerusalem. Israel is a thief, they steal money from America and then use this money to be stronger and then steal lands not rightfully theirs.

I'm totally disgusted

edit on 25-9-2011 by KnocksMeDead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by MrXYZ

You can’t get it through your head that they are not fighting to get a country. They just want the country as a leveraging tool in the fight against the “filthy Israelis”.

They are fighting the Arab fight to wipe Jews from the face of the earth.

It’s that simple.

They will try anything that will help achieve that aim.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Riiiiight, they're all evil Jew hating terrorists, right? So the suppression of freedoms and the giant land grab is totally justified...got it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

What a highly unusual thread. Not for the content but for the maker. Pun considered.

Without watching the video, right off the bat, I think it behooves one self, not to acknowledge the significance, of religion on this issue. I'll watch your vid now. Snf

...................................................................................................................................................... ......

Back with avengence eh X ? I expected nothing less. Believe it or not and even from a point you know me all to well from. I'm in agreement with you here. I believe this shows the gigantic difference there is between those like my self who truely mean to follow the teachings of Christ. Compared to the OT jewish state. Christ is the key here again in my view. I commend this thread.

edit on 25-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks

I'm just sick of the hypocrisy in Washington. Bull# like this costs lives, and wastes tax payer money during a time when the economy and US population really can't afford it. It's also crap like this that gives the US a bed rep abroad. If someone came to your house, evicted you, and then forced you to pass checkpoint after checkpoint day in day out you'd be pissed off as well. And if I were in that situation, I wouldn't only blame the Israeli government (note that I say government, not the people...got nothing against the people), but also those governments supporting them in their unethical actions.

As for the religious party, yeah, it plays a massive role in all of this...but you already know my stance on religion. From an outsider perspective, and being an atheist I am an outsider when it comes to religion, it looks like monkeys flinging poo at eachother...really quite sad.

Best solution imo:

1) Create a Palestinian country and give it equal rights as Israel.
2) Further ensure Israel's safety...something that will become easier once they stop locking up 40% of the male population of a certain people.
3) Declare Jerusalem an "international district" protected by the UN. Give free access to all worshippers and make the governing bodies of the religions who have an interest in Jerusalem (Christians, Jews, Muslims) openly declare the city a place of worship and NOT violence. Kinda like a Disneyland for religious people.

But this constant suppression of freedoms and massive land grabs are the exact opposite of what they should do if peace is the goal. And it's disgusting that the US is supporting it, just like it's disgusting that they supported Gadaffi for so long, or Saddam, or all the other dictators who are against liberty and freedom.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The isreali OT government is no different from any other govt on earth my friend. And your stance on religion if you haven't noticed isn't any different than mine. It's only our beliefs that are different and tho there tends to be a universal difference there. This thread proves one thing for me, besides the fact that the lingo you use here in,
shows you are genuinely ticked off by these obsurdities. And believe me I realise the differences you speak of
between the peoples and their govts. This thread shows me that we are both very much passionate humanitarians first. I see a quality of my hero even in you Mr. XYZ

That's why I have you on my friends list.

It always seems funny to me, how logical resolutions as the ones you've presented, are so easy to come by from the commoners that we are together. But are considered great works of wonderment by the elite when proposed by them. Truely they all need a good ol fashioned lynching if you ask me.

top topics

join