It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So here I am in the Northeast. The Northeast!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Massachusetts (did I spell that right?), to be specific. For a friend's wedding.

Never been to this part of the country before. In fact, Ive never been east of the Mississippi before. I am surprised at how lush it is here! There is water dripping off of every tree. Such wealth! For as all desert dwellers know, water is the ultimate wealth, far beyond gold, jewels, or paper money. Do the people here realize what water-wealth they have? (Yeah, I sound like a character from Dune. So be it. Call me Shadat Partygirl).

The people here are friendly but certainly different. I don't think it is a stretch to say it is a different culture. There is a great deal of reserve in the way people behave in some senses. I get the sense that there is some strange kind of class/money thing going on here...some of the old houses in and around Boston look like European castles or places where aristocrats live. Is this the home of TPTB?

Partygirl,

Having fun but slightly culture-shocked in the land of the Godless liberal Eastern elite.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I hope you have at wonderful time at the wedding. It's nice that you traveled to give support for a loved one.

The New England states have some wonderful history, being of the original colonies. As with most anywhere in America, you will find neighborhoods of differing socio-economic status if you look around. On the overall there is a lot of well educated population in the area.

This is a wonderful time of year for a long drive. You may find the leaves beginning to turn and it's quite spectacular.

If you have a chance to get into Boston area there are a lot of fun people there that know how to party hearty. Exercise extreme care when driving there, it can be a perilous challenge on a good day. Fun fact: in that general area there are four different linguistic patterns among those raised there, depending on the area the person hails from.

I hope you enjoy your stay, and don't forget to take pictures

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If you want water come to western new york we have two great lakes, the mighty niagara river,niagara falls and the erie canal. We are a culture of water......all you could ever want.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The people here are friendly but certainly different.

lmao, I lived in Massachusetts for 35 years and I still am trying to get the stank off my aura.

The people are friendly? You're near Boston? Have you tried driving through that area yet?
It use to be like Mad Max on the roads there everyday, life & death traveling to get a cup of Dunkin Donuts.

As far as the water, yes there's plenty of that there. Only problem is the overdosing of sodium fluoride in it all.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yes, the abundance of water and greenery is very reminiscent of England...and hence the term New England.

There is a long history of the Blueblood aristocracy amongst the New Englanders..

This goes back to the revolutionary war era when you were either a Tory, and in support of the British and King George and were generally wealthy business owners selling British made goods here in the Colonies.

Or were siding with the American colonists....who were generally poor except for a few such as Paul Revere, who's home still stands in the North End of Boston, who was a Silversmith.

The wealth of the Tories as I have learned from my wealthy friends, came from the shipping and whaling industry. Which is why and where the wealthy were settled in Connecticut near the oceans.

My good friends whom are very wealthy Bluebloods, also told me when I inquired as to how they earned their fortune.

It was conveyed to me from their ocean front estates, that because they were in support of the British, they were also hired to transport opium to China during the Opium wars using their ships.

My friends are all very wealthy and Yale and Harvard educated.doctors...but they made the majority of their wealth importing drugs for the Queen Victoria of England...the worlds first drug cartel.

But enjoy New England and don't forget to try the seafood. It's very fresh and tastes great.
Coming from the desert, It will really open your culinary mind !

PEACE

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
!RUN! Its a Trick!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I am surprised at how lush it is here! There is water dripping off of every tree. Such wealth! For as all desert dwellers know, water is the ultimate wealth, far beyond gold, jewels, or paper money. Do the people here realize what water-wealth they have? (Yeah, I sound like a character from Dune. So be it. Call me Shadat Partygirl).

To much of anything will give make you hate it with a passion, for instance up here in the northwest from what I remember a couple of years ago, oh there was water everywhere. It fell from the sky in buckets some days, so much so that it got depressing and made you not even want to get up in the morning and face the gray and wet sky's.

But for you desert dwellers I guess it would be impressive, however wealth... nah. The world has not come to that...yet..or at least not in these part's of the world. One thing about deserts as you know already, if you stay long enough in them you start seeing all kinds of things, mirages, bugs, snakes, lost whispers and lost voices, mostly your own voice will come to you as a stranger, once you get lost.

And even lots of other strange things like buildings and worlds, and the bones of buildings and worlds, and even spirits both evil, and not so evil, and off-course the desert gods, and sometimes even the same old god that resides in the desert and all that is barren and void.

But the one thing you would want to see the most, but always turns out to be more of a complete and total illusion then all the others. That one thing is always the oasis and water.
Basically what I am saying is, don't forget to bring your water containers when going in the dessert partygirl.

top topics

join