It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone for a scorecard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

“In order to identify browser-level behavior such as new versus repeat visitors to a website or page, we may drop cookies in support of our market research efforts. To opt-out of this browser-level tracking you can click here. If you choose to opt-out, a cookie will be placed on your computer instructing us to disable our ability to browser-level track of your website visitation while on a website with a ScorecardResearch beacon installed. However, if your browser does not accept cookies, or if you delete all of your cookies, then this browser-level tracking may occur. Additionally, this opt-out is only effective when you are using the Internet browser you were using when you opted-out.”

www.scorecardresearch.com...

to opt-out of this click here
edit on 25-9-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What exactly is this? A little more info would be helpful. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
for example when you enter ats it has a cookie placed within your browser, this can contribute to slower browser speeds. By clicking on the link you opt-out of such cookie tracking. Its very simple, you can read more through the link i provided above that will give you a complete listing of its functions.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So these guys are keeping track of what sites we are visiting etc? What company is this?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard
So these guys are keeping track of what sites we are visiting etc? What company is this?

www.comscore.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Ahh so it's a little like Facebook. They keep track of what you do online (i.e. books you like, movies you watch) make it a statistic, and sell their findings to various agencies and what-not.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

in a nut shell....Yes...remember way way back the " door to door " survey's well now its browser to browser

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So if anyone is interested i have placed the two must have links in my sig A and B, place them as tabs in your browser before you actually log in and then re click them both (A and B) once you have logged in and watch your browser speed instantly increase.

Enjoy
(:

I have had some emails so ill make it easy for those who might be confused. The first sig works on its own, the second sig will direct you a web site and you will see something if not the same as this

So you need to scroll down to the " Opt Out" section of that same page and click " here " . It will direct you to the sties area were you will be excluded from being tracked.

image of what you will see once you scroll down to the selected "click here" button.

edit on 21-1-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

top topics

join