It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather or not to whether

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hello again ATS, Belivers, Sceptics, ect etc, ad lib;

I am writing this thread & posting it in this forum as I am not sure where else to post it, it is after all only chat, about this...that...

All the doom & gloom these days is overwhelming, it seems that as soon as one paranoia, theory, belife is explained, ended or closed then another on appears
Surely if we took all the negativity we put across on this site and turned it into positivity then we would be blessed haha.

Anyhow if i've not lost you by now & you are still reading then I am using this thread to report on unusual weather from the North West Coast of England. My home is just up from Blackpool, we have a great view of the Isle of Man & Ireland on a clear day. Just to the right of me is a dormant volcano, a few miles up the road a nuclear power station, a gas terminal to the left of me & a nuclear submarine building yard on my doorstep. I don't think that they considered a natural disaster scenario when building said buildings/stations did they

The curiosity I have, the question I have to ask of anyone who may be situated on either of our coasts is; did anybody notice an unusualy high tide last night ? I watched the sea...hmmm...rise. There wasn't the usual waves, no lapping.. theraputic sounds, the tide flew in on one big push. It stayed in for hours too, real high but still ! From where I am sat now I can see the shore/beach & the tide has not realy gone out yet.

The drills/tests/protocalls that our government (haha) carried out this year on major flooding in our country has me worried now. If there was to be a north sea swell (as has beeen prophicised) & the sea level was to raise a considerable amount then I think that the corner of our globe I like to call home may be in danger. We have had earthquakes in these parts in the past couple of years, flooding from rain and dramitcaly stronger winds, colder winters ect etc.

Another thing that has me thinking is that they..the... PTB have started to drain a gas pocket that has been found right up and along the West Coast, destablizing the whole of our island. I know nothing of fault lines, siesmic activity or any of that but the fact that we have a redundant volcano with a nuclear power startion at its feet & gas being removed right next to it may be something to worry about.

Damn I am a doom monger myself now; oh no the end is nigh, make peace with your gods for you are about to meet them, is this the end...No seriously did anybody notice an unusualy high and calm tide, has anybody any thoughts as to how our small island may be being manipulated by TPTB so as to cause an unprecedented disaster ?

Thank you for taking time & reading this thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Not being in the UK and in fact not even having a shoreline to my current country, I'm responding mainly to let you know that this is of interest and also to ask other members who might be clued in on the subject to post as well. I am sure that there must be near-real-time tide information available online and if someone can find it and pull up the data for the OP's location that would doubtless be very helpful.

I can tell you that there has been no apparent, recent earthquake activity that would be capable of producing the phenomenon you have described, and I have not heard of any extraordinary lunar circumstance that could cause it either.

In the meantime, S&F for you, OP, both for presenting your observations in a non-sensationalist way and for bringing this to our attention. I've bookmarked this thread (very easy with Firefox
) and will check back later.

ETA: mods, just a suggestion that this thread might more appropriately be place under the Fragile Earth forum.

2nd ETA: OP, there is a useful site for tide times and info for the UK. It's called Tide Times and you can access the location page here.

Best regards,

Mike
edit on 25/9/11 by JustMike because: added an ETA

edit on 25/9/11 by JustMike because: added 2nd ETA

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hi JustMike, thank you for replying to my thread, I do not usualy make threads as I mostly like to sit back & take things in. Tides are regular here and sometimes they are rather high, it was just that yesterdays tide was dramatic enough for me to write about it on here. I even noted how strange the tide was to a couple of fellow dog walkers, Freud & I sat for two or so hours on a bench and didn't notice one ripple/wave or anything of the sort.

Maybe my thread would be better in the Fragile Earth Fourm (if you would be as kind to please mods) as it is about our planet & the dramatic changes it is undergoing. I do have tide times when I am here as it is pretty much clockwork & my front room window looks right out onto the shore & my friends fish also. Maybe it is nothing, it could of just been a divine few hours to be treasured. The tide is fully out now so it is things back to clockwork I imagine.

I do predict a realy harsh winter for us Eurpoeans though, maybe nothing more, the supermoon was awesome by the way, I have some great, eirie photos taken on Berkrigg common whilst camping by the Druids circle, shame my upload media option is down realy as you would have to see the colours to believe them and you would probably enjoy musing over them.

Sorry I went off topic there for a moment, the tide is now out and all is quiet, I am gutted that you are unable to appreciate the sea from where you are as it is relaxing and calms us. I hope that our planet carries on as it has for milenium but I am not so sure as I have noticed the changes as have many of us.

This will probably be the shorest thread in ATS history haha but thank you all who read it & if a star or flag was given then may they be returned unto thee ten fold.

Kind regards, best wishes

theguygeeza

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by theguygeeza
Anyhow if i've not lost you by now & you are still reading then I am using this thread to report on unusual weather from the North West Coast of England. My home is just up from Blackpool...
The curiosity I have, the question I have to ask of anyone who may be situated on either of our coasts is; did anybody notice an unusualy high tide last night ?

The nearest data I could find is Heysham.
The tide height data looks normal to me...
link

top topics

join