It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Joseph on Russia Today sept 14 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Have not seen this posted yet, and thought it was pretty interesting to hear his refreshing views again, was awhile ago since i saw anything about this guy posted, so here you go.

I would say, it is only a matter of time really, unless some major disaster happens, until we have to conform into this kind of society overhaul. Opinions?
edit on 25-9-2011 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Peter Joseph is a revolutionary thinker and i for one agree with his ideological service to society concept. His interviewer in this video clip is the perfect example to illustrate that point. As he describes the changes that will have to occur in order for our society to survive post capitalism, she constantly ask self serving questions, what if don't want to change my job? what if i like the way i live?. As she asks these questions there are people starving and unable to find shelter just because they are the collateral damage of the curent capitalist system.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Utopian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Utopian
Peter Joseph is a revolutionary thinker and i for one agree with his ideological service to society concept. His interviewer in this video clip is the perfect example to illustrate that point. As he describes the changes that will have to occur in order for our society to survive post capitalism, she constantly ask self serving questions, what if don't want to change my job? what if i like the way i live?. As she asks these questions there are people starving and unable to find shelter just because they are the collateral damage of the curent capitalist system.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Utopian because: (no reason given)

Well put, Sir. And as this societal model continues to run in the current system, the segregation will only increase until we hit a critical mass of people in poverty, what happens next will not be pretty.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There is something critical which Peter Joseph is forgetting - the human attachment to desire, especially desire for POWER. There will always be those who want to be the 'haves' and only feel good about 'having' when the other is a 'have-not'.

This seems to be ingrained into the human psyche - not just 'have', but 'have MORE than the other'.

Is this an evolutionary thing (primate societies are highly territorial, and we are from that lineage, assuming evolution is the way it all happened)? Or is it a Kalyug thing (an era in which, acc. to hindu scripture, morals/mores/values are in the sewer)?

Or is it simply a blinded-by-abundance thing because never in known human history have we enjoyed so much access to so many things in such unproductive/uncontributive roles (where people who produce little, but shuffle a lot, make the most money on our planet today).

Having 'stuff' is just a means for the 'power feeling'. Power itself is the end. Until that bug is there in the human psyche (even just the minority of us), our problems will not go away.

Finally, as far as what they keep referring to as 'capitalism' as being a problem, it's not - the problem is neo-liberalism, where in a capitalist economy, the government keeps giving cheques to non-performing companies (bailouts) and sort of skews the balance of things. It's like the dunce & the bully of the class get extra cookies even when they don't deserve it, and then they squander that, and they get more replacements, whereas the regular kids, if they drop or eat their cookie, they don't get magical replacements unless they do something for / some work to get the extra cookies (natural capitalist law).
edit on 25-9-2011 by rainychica because: added the guy's name

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The world moved manufacturing to China as a warfare tactic.

Poison them, their land, their water, their air........when the Chinese realize what we did...they won't want to make anything for you anymore.

You'll have to make your own shoes, shirts, socks, food, soap...etc.

Everyone having their crap made in China was a tactic to reduce their population by destroying their DNA...pollute their country.

Now look at China and it's obesity/diabetes epidemic. They are going to find it hard to deal with their future social consequences. They'll have to adopt our Nazi tactic of getting rid of the unhealthy with "medicine"....kill your own thru schemes that are masked as "healthcare". Bextra-Vioxx.....yummmm. Heart Attack pills.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rainychica

The problem is Capitalism is a defunct model, when it assumes there is an unlimited amount of resources to be exploited. Until we realise that we only only have finite resources on the planet to sustain the people on the planet we are destined for failure.
Modern global Capitalism relies on a constant flow of consumption to keep it going. It is unsustainable,

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Same Old argument isn't it

"Let the Monarch take care of us as he loves us like his children"
OR
"Let the unfettered free market Rule with an invisible hand"
OR
"Let the proletariat Rule with compasion & altruism"

Well, IMHO

These options simply do not work in a modern society & the FudgePot Middleway that we are practicing today doesn't work either.

Oh No!!! We are doomed you Cry!!" (if you believe me, which you probably don't

Well, maybe, just maybe, it's time to utilize the Scientific Method & Pure Logic to address issues of Social concern & remove the arrogant ego's of people who strive to control us.

Listen to Peter - Advocate the direction of the RBEM.

It's the only hope for our Childrens Children

new topics

top topics

join