It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformation & the big picture about 2012!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
I hope with my whole heart that we transition through dimensions and become spiritually evolved and our consciousness is shifted hence, making us creators and merchants of light (getting to understand our true selves and where we came from).

Some people, like Stereologist will disagree with there even existing a spiritual body within us, this to me would be a narrow-visioned individual, but don't get me wrong, I am definitely an ill-researched individual, but not when it comes to the spiritual self. If you agree with me on the existence of both a physical AND spiritual body then could you some how try and explain to him how chakras and the spiritual self actually exist? I've tried but I must be missing some point of explanation

edit on 30-9-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: grammar

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by xxnibiruxx

I don't agree with any of that comment.

2012 is a hoax used to transfer money from the gullible to the hoaxers and frauds. The claims of 2012 are all failures from fictional planets to ancient prophecies.

My interest is how these issues continue to exist even when the evidence is overwhelmingly against them.

The fact that this was prophecised thousands years ago has helped it survive through the ages,

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The reason there is so much disinformation around 2012 is because people are too lazy to do research and they want money. No prophecies actually surround it and before the Spanish arrived it was only mentioned on Tortuguero Monument 6. There wasn't even a calendar that ended on 13 baktun before the Spanish. As for why so much emphasis was placed on Elenin, it's like I told you before, conspiracy theorists would naive and gullible and they bought in to any YouTube video that had the word Elenin in it, while disregarding anything NASA or other astronomers said. It is entirely the conspiracy theorists fault so stop trying to pass the buck.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

2012 was not prophecized thousands of years ago. There are no prophecies associated with 2012. Only the Mayans mention 2012 in the sense of a linear calendar rolling over.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Some people, like Stereologist will disagree with there even existing a spiritual body within us...

I've never made any statement such as that. Please don't misrepresent other people when posting.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Some people, like Stereologist will disagree with there even existing a spiritual body within us...

I've never made any statement such as that. Please don't misrepresent other people when posting.

Actually, yes you have:

Where is the evidence that people have a spiritual body?

Which you have posted on my thread "The 2012 Phenomenon: The Increase of Vibrational Frequency !"

That would be the equivalent of disagreeing that a spiritual body exists, beside the fact that I may not be able to prove it to you, because absence of proof is not proof of absence, so how is this a misrepresentation

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SunShineKid

well I used to be interested in all things 2012,then after a while I realized this end of the world stuff has been going on since the dawn of time.Will something happen?probably sht happens all the time,predictable? no that the great surprise in life.We should live today and everyday as our last.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

To ask whether or not people have a spiritual body is not the same as saying there is none.

All I am doing is to prompt people to state why they say something exists.

There is also a good possibility that I have misunderstood your writings and you are quite free and should feel free to correct my mistake in understanding what you meant.

Are people always spiritual in nature? I would say no.
Do some or most people have a strong spiritual side to them? Yes would be my answer.

I suggest that you probably have something interesting to tell me. If you want to tell me that I have a spiritual body then I would say no. Do you? That is a personal decision that only you could answer. As for me, for whatever reason I do not understand I do not see or experience spiritual issue. Does that have any bearing on other people? Absolutely not. Do I make fun of or make light of spirituality? No, except when people claim that spirituality can alter reality. I do not make fun of that claim. Rather, I do not believe that belief alters reality.

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding on my part in what you have posted and I am all ears to learn from you.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Ahh, now we are getting somewhere eh? That's all I wanted to know, I believe everyone has both a physical and spiritual body and I think this is something that we can all learn from, whether right or wrong

edit on 1-10-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: grammar

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunShineKid

Originally posted by RimDaas
I don't know why someone should hide a cataclysmic event which could chaInge the world.

I do not know either... but, you get a star from me as everyone so far!
Thank you

with all due respect...

this aint a star give away bonanza i love you all hippie shaky forum

i hope u understand how important stars are for this forum..it helps for example a user to locate and read an important post, also it helps during an ATS tick a toe between members..

and there's no need to tell the ppl you have starred them

on topic :

after we have no another Japan like disaster after Elenin's last alignment, my interest in doom events are vanished..

still I recall myself stating that the Sun might have been the true cause of the Japan disaster since an X flare class arrived on the 11th of March..

with Solar cycle 24 coming up things might get interesting again for me

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

on topic :

after we have no another Japan like disaster after Elenin's last alignment, my interest in doom events are vanished..

still I recall myself stating that the Sun might have been the true cause of the Japan disaster since an X flare class arrived on the 11th of March..

with Solar cycle 24 coming up things might get interesting again for me

i think that was not the topic of this thread but, since you brought this up as "the topic" let me ask you this:

is it possible that the true alignment for march 11th had nothing to do with the tiny insignificant comet elenin but instead the alignment on march 11th was with the brown dwarf star system or nibiru which was behind the comet at that time as some people claim?

i have seen the reasoning that we have been tracking down the alignments of elenin instead of the the brown dwarf star system which is supposedly coming this way and it is no longer aligned with elenin therefor nothing hapened on september 27th... because at that time there was no alignment with nibiru!
i do not know if this is true or not... so, what do you think? is it possible??

and now to get on the true topic of this thread i will try to answer the questions of the op:
the important thing is to keep on asking questions sunshinekid... and the answers from other people are not as important as the answer that is inside of you!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

#1. Why is there so much disinformation about 2012?

Because there is money to be made by unscrupulous "New Age" charlatans. They shamelessly exploit other cultures in order to separate gullible fools from their money.

#2. Why is this "tiny, wimpy, insignificant comet 'Elenin'" so much discussed and talked about?

Because a certain con-man in Florida was ordered by a court to raise money to pay his overdue child support.

#3. Why are we being deceived about upcoming events?

Because you want to believe it is possible to know things that have not yet happened.

#4. Why are we being so distracted and from what?

That is a question only you can answer for yourself.

#5. Why? why? and why?

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

#6. What are we truly trying to hide?

Again, only you can answer that question for yourself.

#7. Why are we hiding it?

Self knowledge can be terrifying.

We are all in this together!
Wake up and look into your heart!
Your heart is in our hearts also!
Our hearts are in your heart!

A good first step.

#8. When and where will it all end?
#9. Will it ever end?

When you answer questions 4 - 7 for yourself.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I'd answer the 9 questions with this statement:

It is easier to make up nonsense for the consumption of the gullible than it is to learn.

I disagree with you!
The nonsense makes us wonder, question, research, and learn!!

About your other coments about frauds inorder to make money: No one has ever asked me for any money while researching the 2012 phenomena, and all the people that i know who have been researching it too!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel
and now to get on the true topic of this thread i will try to answer the questions of the op:
the important thing is to keep on asking questions sunshinekid... and the answers from other people are not as important as the answer that is inside of you!

I understand what you are trying to tell me, but I disagree with you!
To me the answers of the other people are just as important if not even more!!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

#1. Why is there so much disinformation about 2012?

Because there is money to be made by unscrupulous "New Age" charlatans. They shamelessly exploit other cultures in order to separate gullible fools from their money.

#2. Why is this "tiny, wimpy, insignificant comet 'Elenin'" so much discussed and talked about?

Because a certain con-man in Florida was ordered by a court to raise money to pay his overdue child support.

#3. Why are we being deceived about upcoming events?

Because you want to believe it is possible to know things that have not yet happened.

#4. Why are we being so distracted and from what?

That is a question only you can answer for yourself.

#5. Why? why? and why?

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

#6. What are we truly trying to hide?

Again, only you can answer that question for yourself.

#7. Why are we hiding it?

Self knowledge can be terrifying.

Wake up and look into your heart!
Your heart is in our hearts also!
Our hearts are in your heart!

A good first step.

#8. When and where will it all end?
#9. Will it ever end?

When you answer questions 4 - 7 for yourself.

Dear D.J,
Here are the results of your SELF EVALUATION SURVEY:

#1. All you care about is to make money, to exploit other cultures, and to separate yourself from the other "fools" and the world.
#2. You are angry that you have to pay child support and/or other bills.
#3. You want to believe it is possible to know things that have not yet happened.
#4. You think only you know the answers to your own problems.
#5. You keep repeating your mistakes.
#6. You never truly learn from your mistakes and that's why you keep repeating them.
#7. Looking at yourself terrifies you.
#8. You want to quit repeating your mistakes.
#9. You want to learn.

#10. There is hope for you yet

To help you learn, I will only remind you some of your own words:

"If you nurture anger, you will consume yourself."
"Take responsibility for yourself, rather than blame others."
"Seeking to cast blame distracts from taking account of one's own decisions."

Feel free to take the self evaluation survey again when you think you are ready

Don't worry... be happy

Take care,
SunShine.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

#1. All you care about is to make money, to exploit other cultures, and to separate yourself from the other "fools" and the world.

Wrong; money has never really been an issue for me. The fact of the matter is that people pushing "New Age spirituality" often confound the material with the spiritual and do exploit other cultures and their traditions, something I find repugnant:

web.archive.org...://www.hopi.nsn.us/Pages/Culture/misrep.html

#2. You are angry that you have to pay child support and/or other bills.

I don't have any child support to pay, and accept paying bills as part of my karma; no anger. On the other hand:

protect.theinfo.org...

Perhaps you are familiar with Terral's "good work?"

www.project.nsearch.com...

#3. You want to believe it is possible to know things that have not yet happened.

I'm not the one who said: " Why are we being deceived about upcoming events?" Using your "self knowledge test," you believe in deceiving people, right?

#4. You think only you know the answers to your own problems.

I am always open to feedback.

#5. You keep repeating your mistakes.

True, I keep trying to explain things to people who are not interested in anything but their own beliefs or opinions.

#6. You never truly learn from your mistakes and that's why you keep repeating them.

Never say never.

#7. Looking at yourself terrifies you.

No, but the generalization stands. Some people cannot bear to know who they are.

#8. You want to quit repeating your mistakes.

Do you?

#9. You want to learn.

Passionately. Do you?

#10. There is hope for you yet

Thank you, I guess.

To help you learn, I will only remind you some of your own words:

"If you nurture anger, you will consume yourself."
"Take responsibility for yourself, rather than blame others."
"Seeking to cast blame distracts from taking account of one's own decisions."

And yet responses like this passed by with no comment from you:

If you realize it or not you asking only one question and that is why do I feel so manipulated. You are not alone. We ALL are puppets on a string. So, to answer you question, WHY allow me to offer this in response.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Originally posted by DJW001
Wrong; money has never really been an issue for me. The fact of the matter is that people pushing "New Age spirituality" often confound the material with the spiritual and do exploit other cultures and their traditions, something I find repugnant:

web.archive.org...://www.hopi.nsn.us/Pages/Culture/misrep.html

The link does not work

Would you fix it please?

And yet responses like this passed by with no comment from you:

If you realize it or not you asking only one question and that is why do I feel so manipulated. You are not alone. We ALL are puppets on a string. So, to answer you question, WHY allow me to offer this in response.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wrong! As a matter of fact that was my favorite reply because it got right to the point of my thread! But, you cut out the rest of the response (you cut out the most important part of that reply, you cut out the answer!) And I did have a comment about it... please go back to the 1st page and read my comment... Thank you!

Dear Mr. D.J,
Now let me get to the point of your 1st reply:
Although you made comments about all of the 9 questions in the OP... you never truly answered any of them!!
You deliberately separated yourself from the questions as if the questions were "Why do I this... and Why do I that..." You ignored the statements and clues I have put in between the questions to help you realize and include yourself in the questions! From your responses it appears that you were answering to me when in fact you were only answering to yourself the way you feel about yourself and not the way you feel about us!

You say money has never been an issue for you and that's good. However, you make the ignorant statement that "people pushing 'New Age spirituality' often confound the material with the spiritual and do exploit other cultures and their traditions..." If the 2012 forum has something to do with "New Age spirituality" then it also has to do with all of other religions including science and atheism as well as all cultures and traditions!!

With all due respect (and please don't take this as an insult), when I look at you all I see (and maybe that's because of your avatar image) is:
A very self centered man dressed with a suit and a tie, with smart glasses and a nose up in the air... A man who walks by the homeless people in downtown and not only ignoring them as if they do not exist but also looking at them with some kind of hatred or feelings of dislike! A man who sees everyone else as crooks and a rascals... A man who is deceiving himself to be something better than the others! A man who if giving any charity at all does so only for the purpose to be recognized as being a "good man" in front of the others... A man who if going to any kind of church does so only to be seen as a "good man" in front of others! A very lonely and a very sad man deep inside
However, I also see a man who is willing to learn and who wants to be genuine and truly happy with himself and the world around him. (Please note that I am not saying these things as facts but only trying to show you some of my vision about you... and I am not accusing you of anything.)

You were very quick to reply after i posted your own self evaluation survey that you did yourself! And in your self defense you quickly started to point your finger at me and the world around you without thinking much. Do I have to remind you again of your own words of wisdom? Why don't you follow your own words of wisdom?? Let me show you something similar and maybe you will think more sober then: When you point your index finger at someone else (or at the world around you)... your other 3 fingers are pointing back at you from your very own hand! (Maybe now you will say that I am pointing a finger at you... but, truly I am not! I am not accusing you of anything! I am only trying to open your inner eyes...) I am no better than you or anybody else!

With Love,
SunShine.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

That was Sun-Spot on ! And like I've said before...

Originally posted by xxnibiruxx

I think this is something that we can all learn from, whether right or wrong

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Nonsense does not make me wonder or look around. I don't need to bump into stupidity to wonder. There are many wonderful things i can see without stupidity rearing its ugly head.

For instance, today I was hiking. Along the walk were rocks. I noticed these beautiful lines across the rock and there in the rock was an offset. I had to check it out and sure enough there were more of these offsets and more lines. I suspected I was looking at a possible fault line. Was I or wasn't I? I asked and learn a great deal about the geology of the area.

So you are lucky. You have never gone off to one of the places where frauds offer to take your money and spread their disinformation. You have never bought a book by any of the frauds that claim pole shifts or any of the other lies. I can see lots of frauds online such as Lucus and Wilcock and Drunvalo and Arguelles and Calleman and Yellow Feather and you have never bumped into any of these?

You're kidding, right

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Wrong! As a matter of fact that was my favorite reply because it got right to the point of my thread! But, you cut out the rest of the response (you cut out the most important part of that reply, you cut out the answer!) And I did have a comment about it... please go back to the 1st page and read my comment... Thank you!

So you feel like a puppet on a string? That there are forces outside yourself trying to keep humanity from uniting? I'm sorry if I answered your questions objectively. You should have explained your purpose. Nevertheless, what I said remains true. The entire 2012/Elenin/Nibiru industry is hokum.

You say money has never been an issue for you and that's good. However, you make the ignorant statement that "people pushing 'New Age spirituality' often confound the material with the spiritual and do exploit other cultures and their traditions..." If the 2012 forum has something to do with "New Age spirituality" then it also has to do with all of other religions including science and atheism as well as all cultures and traditions!!

This link is to a secondary source that quotes the page I linked to. Please read it carefully and give it some thought:

www.esowatch.com...

With all due respect (and please don't take this as an insult), when I look at you all I see (and maybe that's because of your avatar image) is:

So not content to project your own greed and anger on to me, you will now discern my personality based on a cartoon of me. Very insightful and profound.

A very self centered man dressed with a suit and a tie, with smart glasses and a nose up in the air... A man who walks by the homeless people in downtown and not only ignoring them as if they do not exist but also looking at them with some kind of hatred or feelings of dislike! A man who sees everyone else as crooks and a rascals... A man who is deceiving himself to be something better than the others! A man who if giving any charity at all does so only for the purpose to be recognized as being a "good man" in front of the others... A man who if going to any kind of church does so only to be seen as a "good man" in front of others! A very lonely and a very sad man deep inside However, I also see a man who is willing to learn and who wants to be genuine and truly happy with himself and the world around him. (Please note that I am not saying these things as facts but only trying to show you some of my vision about you... and I am not accusing you of anything.)

All this from an icon generated on the "Mad Men" homepage. I really wanted to "Simpsonize" myself, but that site doesn't work anymore. Maybe if I used rainbows and unicorns you would have a better opinion of me. As it is you have just written a paragraph of pure fiction. How much of yourself do you see in it? After all, that is the point of this little exercise, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join