It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The U.S. Government Stockpiling Food In Anticipation Of A Major Economic Crisis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I recieved an email today that provided a link to a rather thought provoking article that possessed the above title:

Is The U.S. Government Stockpiling Food In Anticipation Of A Major Economic Crisis?

Granted, this is an article from Pakalertpress, a Pakistani press agency that traditionally has been geared towards propaganda against the U.S., however none the same has also been a hub of information releases pertaining to U.S. issues that Americans do need to know.

The article is well written, and well referrenced. With that being said, I believe the author's source and find it to be accurate. I invite you to formulate your own opinion on it, but IMHO if this is true this is indeed another cog of truth in the conspiracy engine to show Americans that the U.S. Government is indeed preparing, as it has warned us to do.

Other ATS articles related to this are:

Tipping Point: 25 Signs That The Coming Financial Collapse Is Now Closer Than Ever from Dec. 2010

Shortage of key hospital drugs a "major crisis" from August of 2011

OK World, I Think The Point Is: Be Prepared, Everyone Has Told You To from June of 2011

The whole focus on this is: whether or not the U.S. Government has unscrupulous intentions or not, they are preparing. Americans, and for that mater the rest of the world, needs to get a clue... to do the same.

If the United States is doing this, then you must understand THAT THE THREAT TO YOUR LIFE IS A VERY REAL ONE.

Prepare, or choose to forgo survival.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

When I talked to him today, he had just received a huge order for storable food from a U.S. government source. He told me that the dollar amount of the order was in the “five figures”.

That is from the article in your link.

Now, a "five figure!" amount, is hardly a lot mate. A "five figure" amount would probably just feed the white house. lol

I think you are being just a tad bit over dramatic in your analysis of this. The article you link, is definately not a reliable source, and the guy writing the article, who claims to have a rock solid source, well frankly, i cannot believe that either.

vvv

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
this reminds me a few days ago we went driving around literally all over 5 boros and long island looking for a pharmacy to fill vidocin and azitromycin (broke his leg, bone sticking out, developed infection)

dozens of pharms are out of these common pain reliever & antibiotic. i've had these drugs in the past described for root canal/extraction years ago twice and got em 1st shot at closest pharm.

so i wonder where are all the drugs going? recreational sales on street is one but most of those are thru cheaper overseas supplies & canada i think.

anyway, it bases on even some MSM leaks, they are suggesting FEMA (which is now suddenly officially a dept homeland security department division, as well as unofficial replacement/superior to a shrinking red cross, is stockpiling vast majority of all nationwide stock.

why??

heres the first yt that came up:

why is it so hard to find even common Rx drugs and then alts are on perpetual backorder too? we ended up getting percoset & sulfa/combo at like the 20th pharm late at nite for bro. doc is mad but nowadays its hard even for doc to get it in for you and u pic it up at office

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well they better. Otherwise when it hits the fan, the people will go feral, it'll take days and they will march on Washington DC calling for their heads on pikes.

But I think they would go to their bunkers rather than feed people following an economic collapse.

They'll be at NORAD or something like that.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The food they stock pile isn't for "us". It is for the masters and some of the more senior puppets.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

When I talked to him today, he had just received a huge order for storable food from a U.S. government source. He told me that the dollar amount of the order was in the “five figures”.

That is from the article in your link.

Now, a "five figure!" amount, is hardly a lot mate. A "five figure" amount would probably just feed the white house. lol

I think you are being just a tad bit over dramatic in your analysis of this. The article you link, is definately not a reliable source, and the guy writing the article, who claims to have a rock solid source, well frankly, i cannot believe that either.

vvv

your not understanding something here...

this order is not for America, it's for the shadow government. $999,999.99 in DURABLE food products (AKA Meals, Ready to Eat) is enough to feed a pentagon sized group for probably two weeks. The company also SHUT DOWN outside sales because it will be busy preparing this order. That's alot of work!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Good thread. People I know and even some on here shake their heads and ask despite the big Elenin flop and other things to come and go recently with no result, why are people like me still very anxious and downright paranoid about what the government is planning for. Stories like yours and a number of others from other Governments around the globe are why.

A thousand Al Gores can blather on till they drop dead from sheer exhaustion and it's nothing more than amusing background noise. However....stock piling mass supplies of food, building fail safe international seed banks, stock piling medical supplies and building bunkers is as telling as anything can be. Follow the money.....we just don't know where that leads yet. Maddening sometimes...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
My question to you is...Are you not planning and storing food in anticipation of an economic collapse?

Because if you are not...then now you know why the government is.

I live in the country and my folks grew up during the Great Depression. They taught me and instilled in me the need to always have food and supplies set back for hard times...always.

So we always have a root cellar and pantry full...canned goods when on sale...we bought extra, stuff we put up from the garden...potatoes, a chest freezer full of not just meats and veggies, but cans of coffe, flour and corn meal...keeps the bugs out, extra pasta, etc.

It is very handy when the power goes out from an ice storm or hurricane and we can't get to town...or if the month is an overly challenging one financially...no problem. We just go the pantry or I'll go under the house and get enough food out to last a few days.

By the way, we also burn firewood for heat and the woodstove.. we can cook on. And we always have a garden...even in winter, we plant turnip, mustard, kale greens...lettuces, spinach.

One thing i promised my wife when I married her..she would never be hungry and never be cold.

Why would we be suprised if the government did the same thing?Aren't you?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

your not understanding something here...

this order is not for America, it's for the shadow government. $999,999.99 in DURABLE food products (AKA Meals, Ready to Eat) is enough to feed a pentagon sized group for probably two weeks. The company also SHUT DOWN outside sales because it will be busy preparing this order. That's alot of work!

$999,999.99 is not a 5 figure number, it is a 6 figure number.

new topics

top topics

join