It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gay comic book characters WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TOO??????

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well its not right to be gay or homosexual in any sense, and if you have inclinations to do that, get some help. You do treat them with respect still, they are still humans with issues like you and me, but dont ever say that being gay is 'good' or 'normal'. It is not normal, and it is not good, in fact the very opposite. You dont even need any religion or faith to tell you that its wrong. I for one believe its wrong because of the fact, if you had everyone homosexual, the human race would be gone in less than 100 years. Whats the point of sex then with a man and a woman?Why have sexual organs that are meant to work with the opposite sex for making babies? If you believe everyone should allow people to be homosexual, then you might as well just make everyone sterile(oh wait they are already doing that.... cause then theres no point in my mind why theres a woman and a man, opposite sex, to have children. Thats just part of life to have children the natural and humane way.

But to the OP, the world is going down fast and shes gonna burn soon. We are in the hindenburg, and shes already on fire, we just havent hit the ground yet.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Very true. The so called "gay agenda" needs to go, keep that garbage away from my children. Trying to pass the gay lifestyle off as wholesome is a completely warped idea. Whats next?

Yeah... before you know it they will allow mixed race marriages and give women the right to vote

edit on 25-9-2011 by Muckster because: spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

you're assuming there is such thing as morality and right or wrong. everything is arbitrary and just because one may base their beliefs off of an old book or because one doesn't see the point in love or sex without reproduction, doesn't make it wrong.

with your views i could say that no one should ever have any sex unless its specifically to procreate.
forget about any kind of foreplay, or any sexual practice that isnt straight sex for the sake of offspring.

why do you even care what other people do? if you think its going to effect your chidlren, so what? is it because youre afraid that your seed isnt going to be passed on to future generations? who cares? youre not going to be around anyways, let people do what they want

everyone joins on the hate bandwagon just because they are insecure and want to be a part of something bigger.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
jesus christ on a stick!!!! you did not just post that!!!!!!! "it's wrong because if we were all gay then our race would die out"" it's a small percentage! mankind will not die out from a minority of gays.

for those who say it is a choice... really?? they CHOOSE to be hated, ridiculed, bullied, rejected, hated by their families,,, that's why the suicide rate was so high....REALLY??? if it is a choice than why don't they just be in a relationship with the opposite sex ????? do you see the TOTAL illogicalness of this???

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So by your logic then, kids who play violent video games full of killing, are going to grow up being a serial killers?
What about young girls? Will it turn them gay as well?

I don't like small children, but I don't go about making pointless threads about how much I hate them, and should be kept indoors.

..and is this seriously how you get you'r entertainment? You must be no older then 16... or very, very immature.

*I hope my reply has "made you chuckle" cause you obviously seem to need a good laugh....*

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
People who focus so much on sexuality in a world in real crisis! Whats this human organism coming to???

I don't care what people do to stimulate their Serotonin uptake, their sexuality, where they like to scratch or what they like to eat. Why does anyone care for such things unless it effects them directly or offends their dysfunctional programming by control species using unsubstantiated claims and threats of damnation to control them?

I don't want to have sex with anyone but my wife, so why would anyone else's sexuality be important at all unless for the above, or your own perversions and obsessive issues? Why would anyone's sexuality come up unless you are thinking of a sexual relationship with them. Otherwise they are just people like you and me.

What a sick species.

Time for a re-boot. Data corruption has halted intelligent data flow.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39803c71404c.jpg[/atsimg]

ZG

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Its not a comic but I personally feel that the introduction of these 2 characters into one of the best written shows, animated or otherwise was genius.

Both openly gay...both incredibly awesome. I scratch my head at how some people can still cling to these antiquated ideas about homosexuality and it's evils. Think what you like but homosexuality is a reality that not only exists in the human kingdom but the animal one as well and I dont see animals reading Archie Comics. I wonder what some of these people would do if they ever witnessed a gay bashing up close....well...the ones who weren't taking part anyway. Imagine if you had come upon Mathew Shepherd as he slowly bled to death...or Brandon Teena as she took her last breaths. Would you have gotten all self righteous and told them they only had themselves to blame?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Gosh next thing ya know there'll be blacks, asians, handicapped, MY GOD WHEN WILL IT STOP?! You are a sad but typical example of the real problem.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I am so mad right now!! SERIOUSLY!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE MODERATOR"S OF ATS!!

Why is this bs thread that contains hate speech allowed to remain on this site? REALLY!!

I'm not kidding, I'm about to throw this site out the window and not look back. I've been a member of ATS for over a year now and have seen dozens of homophobic, heterosexist threads that have stayed on the new topics page while others have been deemed offensive and removed....

OP: Are you trolling OR seriously SO biggoted that you would question the presence of gay comic book characters?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeleneLux

Originally posted by JROCK2527
closet are the ones who have forced us as americans to treat gays equal and made it a crime if we dont. (which I believe is ridiculos)

Is it really?!? It is ridiculous to say that one group of humans should be treated equal to all other groups?!?

I am a transsexual. That means I look like a woman, have the body of a woman but I still have my male equipment. I am very careful when a man hits on me I let them know right away what I am. The problem is some are homophobes and if they got tuned on before they find out what I am they sometimes want to hurt me.

I dont mean just hurt me they want to hurt me to death.

I am a human being. I deserve to live who I am just as much as you.

Selene,
Thank you for your reply to this dumb douche bag. I don't understand why this thread hasn't been deemed offensive and removed yet. I, as I would hope many others have, reported this thread for the hate speech talked about theirin. I've listed the OP as my rival and hope that everyone else does, too. I'm a lesbian woman and have read SOOO many similar, ignorant threads on this site that it's getting sickening. I've alerted the mods about them countless times but they've never even removed the threads!!

But here's the thing, I've had 3 threads removed and deemed offensive by mod's on different forums. What's wrong with this site. I'm sick of it.

I personally do not like the idea of Gay comics either but dont go thinking that I should not be equal to other humans.
:cool :

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Baby boy, if a gay doctor saved my life I would kiss the ground he walked on. Never get sick, a gay doctor could be the one to save your life.Gay people are people too, they deserve respect. Don't you deserve respect op ? If you deserve respect, they deserve respect so as for you OP,

edit on 25-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have to give it to the OP for bringing this topic up. I wasn't sure of how people on ATS viewed homosexuality. Children are shown a lot worse than gay propaganda on a regular basis (trust me, I am still a child). The combination of television and internet content is overflowing with even worse things. You my friend, need to stop stressing out about inane things. How bout we tackle an issue that is way more important? How about the collapsing global economy or the gradual wilting of our planet? Or we could all talk about how fascinating it is to watch paint dry. Even that is more important. Why don't you put all that hard work and effort in posting this thread to better use?

Gay people are just that: people. No different that anyone else. The more we categorize each other the more we cut ourselves off from the rest of the world. It makes me sick to know that other people won't agree with me on this one. Btw, I am a straight male and my last question is this: Why can't we just live with eachother?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by discharged77

Very true. The so called "gay agenda" needs to go, keep that garbage away from my children. Trying to pass the gay lifestyle off as wholesome is a completely warped idea. Whats next?

Yeah... before you know it they will allow mixed race marriages and give women the right to vote

edit on 25-9-2011 by Muckster because: spelling

Here we go.

It always goes to linking gay lifestyle with race issues. How does this relate to womens right vote? I think gays can vote at last check.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugfest
I have to give it to the OP for bringing this topic up. I wasn't sure of how people on ATS viewed homosexuality. Children are shown a lot worse than gay propaganda on a regular basis (trust me, I am still a child). The combination of television and internet content is overflowing with even worse things. You my friend, need to stop stressing out about inane things. How bout we tackle an issue that is way more important? How about the collapsing global economy or the gradual wilting of our planet? Or we could all talk about how fascinating it is to watch paint dry. Even that is more important. Why don't you put all that hard work and effort in posting this thread to better use?

Gay people are just that: people. No different that anyone else. The more we categorize each other the more we cut ourselves off from the rest of the world. It makes me sick to know that other people won't agree with me on this one. Btw, I am a straight male and my last question is this: Why can't we just live with eachother?

What one generation tolerates, the next will embrace.

Lets say half the population were gay. How long would that society last? Not very long.

Its not natural. You dont see normal, healthy animals "being" gay. In the "natural" world, that which is different is either ostracized or eliminated.

Not that I want gays to be killed mind you. I just want the "screamers" such as "dikes on bikes" and such to stop with the propaganda.

I wont go into the "gay pride" parades with the SnM crap.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
half the population will never be gay, that is a moot point that some bring up...not logical!!!!! I agree with you slugfest so many more important things in this world to worry about..
edit on 25-9-2011 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

edit on 26-9-2011 by Nonvexatious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

This is exactly what I said to someone about this christian
problem everyone seems to have.Homosexuals are "protected"
by the laws of the land.Their abominable lifestyle is encouraged
in our youth and taught as being normal.
Christians know that homosexuallity is a sin and is not an
acceptable lifestyle choice.Homosexuals are free to make any
choices they want for themselves,BUT,you leave my kids' alone!
Go peddle your gay comics in the adult bookstores where they
belong!

Thank you!!! finnally someone with some sense

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Aw. The horrible pains it must be to be one of the majority. A martyr to an all powerful god who is so scared of teh gays that he's got to find the stupidest points to bring up by people who seem to struggle with wet paper bags.

Guess the whole "Not a choice" thing is too complicated for some-who must be teetering on the fence, eager to strip down to their underwear, grab the baby oil and rush to a white party to the music of Donna Summer SO MUCH.. that only the power of the lord stops their rutting in sin.

Beating kids straight doesn't work. Electro therapy and aversion techniques fail. Pray-the-gay-away is also a complete failure-but between you all and I, praying is like facebook activism. A way to do nearly nothing while pretending to have given it your all.

There is no protected class-unless you mean that its in the exact same classification as say-discriminating against someone for being christian at a job site. If thats your beef. I agree, if I am and employer I should be able to fire anyone I wont. I would not tolerate proselytizing on the company dime-no siree-bob.

But, about comics directly. You forgot that Colossus is gay, same with Northstar.. Wiccan, Hulking and a few others in marvel. Should add them to your list-I wouldn't want to make it too complex though. As I realize that while you are demonstrating incredible levels of being anti-american with your hate directed not only at your fellow man, but your fellow country men for no valid reason than your own craving to have someone to hate-I would want to keep it simple to allow you to kneel for a few hours and pray to whatever god might listen to you, I doubt that the god of 'love' who hung out with hookers and 12 other dudes who showed no interest in women, who preached love everyone cause judging wasn't your job, would look too kindly on you.

Aw, shucks, keep on praying. The right things will happen regardless of your kicking and screaming and before long we will have a world where nobody gives a crap about such stupid and meaningless topics.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

What one generation tolerates, the next will embrace.

Lets say half the population were gay. How long would that society last? Not very long.

Its not natural. You dont see normal, healthy animals "being" gay. In the "natural" world, that which is different is either ostracized or eliminated.

Not that I want gays to be killed mind you. I just want the "screamers" such as "dikes on bikes" and such to stop with the propaganda.

I wont go into the "gay pride" parades with the SnM crap.

Over 1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

Homosexuality is found in hundreds upon hundreds of species all across the animal kingdom. Homophobia is found only in one.
Which one seems to be "not natural"?

--Kit.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well there are too many replies since i was last on to reply to each one individualy so here is just one reply.

First off I am trying to figure out how having a differing view and stating my oponion on a topic as well as choosing to be a straight male constitutes as hateing gay people? Never once in any of my posts have I stated that I HATE gays this is not true. Yes I disagree with the lifestyle but I dont hate them. Never once have I ever caused harm to a homosexual because they chose to be homosexual. Hitler attempted to kill the jews because he hated them. I have never tried to kill anyone who was homosexual. As I said before just because I disagree with the lifestyle and choose not to live it myself does not make it hate.

Secondly: Just because I was raised with morals in my life, am a christian who believes in the bible, and am straight does not make me a bigot.

Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

this reverts back to my last point. I do not hate homosexuals and I tolerate those who are not so flamboyant about it. therefore sorry that makes me not a bigot.

Third: In the beginning God created Adam and Eve Male and Female and said to them BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY. Gen chapter 1 verse 28. God seen Adam needed a companion and he made Eve a female. nowhere in the bible does God tell any man to take another mad as his "partner" nor does he tell a woman to take another woman as her "partner" Gods intent when he created the world was for man and woman to be togather as husband and wife. However he gave humans our own free will to choose right or wrong. Adam and Eve chose to do wrong in the garden by eating the forbidden fruit however since they chose to eat the fruit and repent not for it they were punished. Just as we still today will be punished for our actions contrary to what is right no matter what situation it is.

Fourth: I know many of you choose not to believe in the bible and that is fine I cannot force you to believe in it just as I will not allow myself to be forced to believe agianst it. This whole topic is my conviction as a christian man. There is not hate or bigotry involved in it what so ever. This is my conviction I have shared with you all. I am not saying you have to accept it or agree with it but you took time to read and consider (and for that I thank you) my beliefs.

Fifth: the questions keeps resurfacing When did I choose to be straight? I was born straight and have chosen and continue to choose every day to remain straight. Just as others have chosen not to stay straight. I have also been accused of being a closet homosexual myself. NOT SO! Never once have i ever found anyone of the male gender attractive of even considerd being gay.

Sixth: I have also been called closed minded or intolerable of homosexuals. Agian not so, I have throughout my careear worked with homosexuals and bisexuals. Never once have I discriminated agianst or done any harm or negativity to them. I sat and bullcrapped with them same as I did the straight employees. When the topic of homosexuality came up I just made clear to them that if that was what they want to do with their lives ok however that is not how I choose to live my life. All I ask is they not try to convert me over to their lifestyle and in return I would not try to bring them over to my lifestyle. I also used to volunteer at a fire department and it did not matter to me who the patient was, black white hispanic asian gay straight fat skinny pretty ugly tall short when their life was on the line I worked my hardest to save all of them. So that blows the close minded and intolerable parts out of the window. I have also been called ignorant which is agian a misconception

Definition of IGNORANT
1 destitute of knowledge or education ; also: lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified
b: resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence

I have knowledge of the topic of which I write. those who have used the word have used it as a substitute. What they really mean when calling me ignorant is "I have no good or knowledgable comeback for what you have said but I disagree so I will use this word instead" So I here prove ignorant is not a good word to use in this situation find a new one.

Seventh: Those of you who were takin aback by my laughing let me explain it to you. I laugh and am entertained by how riled up some people can get that someone strongly expresses an oponion or view that is different from their own. Even more entertaining is when those people revert to childish name calling for lack of a educadet reply. take a breath relax sit back it is just a difference in oponion dont have a stroke!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join