It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe in Genies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Do you believe in the existence of genies?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by manturnedintoagirl

Absolutely not! I think the world would be a very different place if genies existed. I have faith that at least one person in this extremely selfish world would wish for world peace or a cure for all diseases and that hasn't happened!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by manturnedintoagirl

i grew up in a culture that looks at genies as magic wish-givers. i don't believe in genies but oddly enough i believe in gremlins. things break, stuff goes wrong quite often.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Please define "Genie"
There are many small malevolent and even more friendly creatures that inhabit this world with us. Which one did you have in mind?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
no but that chick from i dream of genie was banging a33 hott
i have some wishes she could grant mmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I surely do! I've lived with one for 27 years, but she commands the wishes and I just do them. Her name is "Jeannie.".

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Genies no......
But in the Islamic faith Jen are dangerous creatures, If the one of the oldest faiths considers them...... Maybe the idea should not be dismissed.

If I were to believe they existed, of course I`ve never seen anything like this, Possibly a form of demon or dark force meant to disrupt human existance.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by manturnedintoagirl

Of course. It would be arrogant to think that this world belongs to us only.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
- edited -
edit on 9/25/2011 by Cerridwen because: Double posted

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I've heard people's stories, after a near death experience, or a drug induced out of body experience, where they describe going back into their bodies as "putting the genie back into the bottle." So I see the metaphore.

Are their spiritual beings that inhabit our realm? I think so.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have a scenario that yall can digest or rip apart, all on you specifically but it somewhat made sense to me.

Since most stories have origins in some point of time involving a certain aspect of truth, and since genie stories were shared by people when technology was not any where near evolved to its status today, WHAT IF, the genie was just a holographic projector given to ancient people by ancient astronauts to help them communicate for supplies or whatever they needed in the time being?

To them, such a technology would be "magic" right? If you were the ancients and were given a 70" HD plasma tv, how would you interpret that? "Magic" as well, right? So being able to "rub" or push a button or something like that and BAM! pops up a guy/girl to ask you for your three wishes or what you and the settlers needed at that point in time? Or just to communicate with them if you were actually working on mining or other activities for them? Thought it was an interesting take.

It's at least something to think about..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I believe there are many dimensions, or planes of existence. I also believe those other planes have a myriad of different life forces. So, I guess, my answer is yes.

BTW, do you believe in them...you didn't state one way or the other in your OP.

edit on 25-9-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
??
I just got a u2u from this member asking this...

Hello, was it you who encountered a genie and used the genie's wish to turn your enemy into a real-life Olivia Dunham from Fringe by changing his (your enemy's) gender first and then sending the new her to the alternate (Fringe) universe? Cheers!

I wasn't sure how to respond, so I just answered.. "geez..how did you guess?..cheers ! "

I really hope that member knew I was being sarcastic..

I really though it was some sort of stupid joke..till I searched the name and found this thread..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirissacnewtone
I have a scenario that yall can digest or rip apart, all on you specifically but it somewhat made sense to me.

Since most stories have origins in some point of time involving a certain aspect of truth, and since genie stories were shared by people when technology was not any where near evolved to its status today, WHAT IF, the genie was just a holographic projector given to ancient people by ancient astronauts to help them communicate for supplies or whatever they needed in the time being?

To them, such a technology would be "magic" right? If you were the ancients and were given a 70" HD plasma tv, how would you interpret that? "Magic" as well, right? So being able to "rub" or push a button or something like that and BAM! pops up a guy/girl to ask you for your three wishes or what you and the settlers needed at that point in time? Or just to communicate with them if you were actually working on mining or other activities for them? Thought it was an interesting take.

It's at least something to think about..

that is interesting. it's valid to wonder if something once was. just as we read of dragons and other things, maybe there was a time and a place.
we don't know what was around long ago. species go extinct all the time it seems, thanks to nature, evolution and mankind's interference of nature at many levels.
as time marches on and mankind becomes increasingly so-called civilized, we are surrounded by achievements in technologies but we are further removed from the primal beings we once were.
there may have been a time when we could see and interface with entire dimensions of other beings or life forms.

take for example the many TV shows where police have been helped by people who have psychic intuitions, can feel the path flow of energy by touching an object a person owned/was in contact with, etcetera.
maybe these people are displaying gifts and skills that were once commonplace. we have grown further away from nature, and much of what we once were is heavily retarded or is in arrested development.

maybe some day someone will conduct studies of people born for generation after generation in a natural setting. i wonder what traits would be sharp and which would grow dull without mankind's interference of education, religion, government and what-not oppressing their senses.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I received the same exact message from the same user.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by gabby2011

I received the same exact message from the same user.

noway.. thats sort of funny.. if the guy..or girl..is trolling,

but if the member is serious..well..I wish them well..

and hope they get it all sorted out in the end.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Yes, my name is Aladdin and I'm in love with this middle eastern girl called Jasmine. Oh, Jasmine!

new topics

top topics

join