It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twinkling star discussed on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I finally got around to finding where my camera was, and after going out for a smoke break, I my eye caught the star I have been hearing about on ATS. My camer is low resolution, but it does the job, the object is actually bigger than in the video.

Sorry, for the poor quality. Is this the star a lot of members are seeing every night? The one I see moves every night to a different part of the skies. ISS? Satellite? Alien Battleship? Who knows?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Not much to go on....unless you said it in the video? I had the sound off.

Your approximate location, date, time and direction you filmed it would be nice.

edit on 25/9/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Video was taken about 10 minutes ago 3:46 AM Central time.
Latitude: 29.4241219
Longitude:-98.4936282
Object in question is 87 degrees East.
edit on 25-9-2011 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I take that back , the twinkling star is what I took pictures of. Give me a second and I'll post the video.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
The one on the right is the one I think, is the one I've been taking pictures of. I haven't seen any twinkling stars or bunch of red dots all over place.

The red dots are light pollution and the reflection of the leaves from a maple tree to my right.
If you have the sound off, the brighter star I shift to, is what I believe to be Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
Video was taken about 10 minutes ago 3:46 AM Central time.
Latitude: 29.4241219
Longitude:-98.4936282
Object in question is 87 degrees East.

This is the view of the sky looking east from San Antonio.
Can you pinpoint it with this map?
The object high up with the funny 21 ish symbol is Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Best bet is Sirius but Procyon is closer to 87 degrees E.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Well, the second star in the video is the brightest one in the sky right now, which would be Sirius? I don't know, but if I can find out what that is, I can draw a line to the star in question and tell you if its one of the stars in the picture you showed me.

If it is Betelgeus, then, it most likely is Procyon. If the brighter star is Sirius, then it is something else. Or, it could be Sirius. Thanks for your patience.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Finally, That's as close as I can get. You really need to view full screen to see it. I put up all 3 videos.
These are pictures that I got out of the star.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
is it a kind of halogen blue but flashes red ?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Yes, it is blue and then turns orange, and then red. The red only lasts for about a second, then turns white. After about 20 seconds, it turns blue and it starts the color pattern again.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

werebouts are you .. i'll hazard a guess and say your quite far south

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

It looks like a face... somewhat.

Hopi Blue Star or Blue Kachina Prophecy
An ancient Hopi Indian prophecy states, "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge". This will be the Day of Purification. The Hopi name for the star Sirius is Blue Star Kachina. It will come when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes his mask.
www.flickr.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I saw a bright 'star' last night. I think it's a planet but not sure which one.

This was 10pm, UK

looking East and maybe about 25-30 degrees off the horizon.

Guessing magnitude -3

Anyone know who I was looking at? I know there are websites but forget the good ones.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

From your description it sounds like the star you're talking about is either Procyon or Capella. But it is hard to be certain.

This photo is looking directly east. Use the constellation Orion as a reference point and you should able to identify the star in question.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yeah, the Hopi prophecy has always fascinated me. In fact, it even states that the Blue Kachina will turn RED at some point.

So far the Hopi have gotten 8 out of 9 predictions right, and the 9th one is in progress from the current events.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
not sure, but blue/red flashing is usually a hallmark of sirius.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Here's a screen capture of Stellarium showing Sirius. And Orion. I've noticed Sirius twinkling blue and white and red the last coupe of nights. Is the star you're seeing below and to the left of the end of Orion's Belt (i.e. Sirius)?

edit on 9/25/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: photo,typo

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yeah, the Hopi prophecy has always fascinated me. In fact, it even states that the Blue Kachina will turn RED at some point.

So far the Hopi have gotten 8 out of 9 predictions right, and the 9th one is in progress from the current events.

Even in the city lights and glare from Michigan Stadium (just a stone's throw down the road from me) I am able to see this star twinkling red white and blue. Ha! red, white and blue... Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf
is it a kind of halogen blue but flashes red ?

Affirmative.
2nd

top topics

<<   2 >>

join