It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighborhood terrified by mysterious shaking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I do not know if any of you took time to read any of the comments on that story, someone left a link to another interesting story. Also here in Portland Oregon, at my house there has been some shaking too, we even a measurable crack in a wall. I am not saying anything mayor is going on here, our foundation is poor, although the crack is a strange addition to the house shaking nonetheless.

Here is the link to another story, enjoy!

www.msnbc.msn.com... www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by herecomesthesun

That's kind of funny. My other residence is just outside of Portland in West Linn and I felt the shaking there too. Maybe some of us are just more sensitive to it since I feel it here in Denver too.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
"For 2 days, the house rocks every few hours. It can sound like an explosion."

Wow how pissed would you be trying to sleep, haha. Sounds like something fishy is going on right below them.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
After reading the article, comments below stated that
this type of thing was occurring all over the globe,.
the odd thing for me is,.not a single strange phenomenon
has happened in wisconsin,.. why is that,.
we must be in a bubble that blocks out the weird

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sounds like they are having furnace issues to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

What is FRACKING?

'Hydraulic fracturing (called "frac jobs" or "frac'ing" or "fracking" in the industry ) is a process that results in the creation of fractures in rocks, the goal of which is to increase the output of a well. ...'

So as the ground settles & shifts, you get these mini earthquakes. AND if fracking is approved by the right authorities, then they can hush it up, and keep on doing it! OR, maybe they're doing it illegally?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by herecomesthesun

'Source of earthquakes

The United States Geological Survey (USGS) reports that "Earthquakes induced by human activity have been documented in a few locations" in the United States, Japan, and Canada; "the cause was injection of fluids into deep wells for waste disposal and secondary recovery of oil, and the use of reservoirs for water supplies."[41][42] The disposal and injection wells referenced are regulated under the Safe Drinking Water Act and UIC laws and are not wells where hydraulic fracturing is gererally performed. Most of these earthquakes were minor, although an earthquake of magnitude 5.5 in 1967, near Denver, Colorado, was assumed to have "resulted from fluid injection at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal." Injection had been discontinued in the year prior to the earthquake "once the link between the fluid injection and the earlier series of earthquakes was established." The induced earthquakes from deep well water disposal has resulted in the procedure being banned in Arkansas[43]

On August 23, 2011, a shallow earthquake of magnitude 5.8 hit northern Virgina, and was felt up and down the eastern US for hundreds of miles. Many believe the earthquake was caused due to excessive Hydro-Fracking in the region over the past decade.'

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

How is encouraging people to think logical and focus on facts creating turmoil? The catholic church didn't want to hear that the earth was NOT the center of the universe. Galileo was just trollin too? Having fun creating turmoil? Nahhhhh he just wanted to put the truth out there.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Actually, there was a big ol' sinkhole in Wisconsin in July, so that might be directly related!

Cracks & Sinkholes

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by buskey

How is encouraging people to think logical and focus on facts creating turmoil? The catholic church didn't want to hear that the earth was NOT the center of the universe. Galileo was just trollin too? Having fun creating turmoil? Nahhhhh he just wanted to put the truth out there.

Galaxy-UniverseGalaxy-UniverseGalaxy-UniverseGalaxy-UniverseGalaxy-UniverseGalaxy-Universe
my God after how many years from Gaileo??,, and still can't get it right,, off with your head,,,

didn't want to hear that the earth was NOT the center of the universe---> correct

" the earth,,,,,,,,,, IS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the center of this Galaxy-

knew a guy who went too jail for three years once,, who made same mistake.

Galaxy-UniverseGalaxy-UniverseGalaxy-UniverseGalaxy-UniverseGalaxy-UniverseGalaxy-Universe
edit on 28-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Could it be liquefaction, like what is happening in Japan... www.youtube.com... Are they near some of the places that have been flooding?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join