It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighborhood terrified by mysterious shaking

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My house always shake. I live close to a road / bridge and it feels like tiny earthquakes everytime a medium size truck pass on it. I know, my theory is not as sexy as a D.U.M.B. or someone building an underground city but the new motto of ATS is ignore common sense now.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

WOW!! Finally a thread that hits close to home - literally! I live in Blount County Tennessee - a small town Seymour TN, which actually straddles 3 counties - Knox, Blount and Sevier Counties.

I live in the Blount county area. I have to say that there has been strange things going on here for a while now. Not only can the shaking be felt in different areas here, but when it does happen it is seemingly always in different locations. Today my house might shake like a small Earthquake, tomorrow another small community 10 miles away will report the same thing.

I had really wanted to post something like this on ATS before, but it is very hard to have a conversation about such a strange event when you have no proof, etc. I am so glad you found this from the local news station here and posted it.

Several months ago there was a thread started that grew pretty quickly with different areas that were hearing the very strange low pass rumbling noise. I commented in that thread several times about how the sound could be heard very easily here. In fact, I believe there is actually a piece done by the local media which covers this.

I never really noticed the rumbling noise stop, it just kinda wasn't there anymore, but it has been replaced with more physical shaking.

I just had an idea... is it possible that the low pass frequecy rumble that I am referring to did not go away? Could it be that the noise has become so low that it is no longer and audible frequency to humans? A very very deep rumble, deep enough to be inaudible could seemingly shake the ground with ease - when taken in context with the areas which reported the rumbling months ago. I suppose you could compare it to a very low pass bass frequency coming from a subwoofer.

Maybe we should check some of the other areas where this low rumbling noise was heard and see if they have experienced any type of earth movements..... it's seems like a few days ago, maybe a few weeks even, there were reports of earth'shakes' in the northeast USA.

Maybe there is something to all these different anomolous reports! Maybe Mother Earth is one spiteful parent who wants to divorce her children and this rumbling and shaking is a precursor to her shaking us off her back ,like a flea riddled dog.

Or.... maybe the sounds and vibrations we are experiencing are nothing more than a new addition to the underground transit system that utilyzes mega high speed trains that travel around the globe in a matter of minutes!! Sounds super ridiculous, I know, but at this point I think any explanation would be an awesome starting point.

Edit to Add: Crap!! Now I have given up my secret Witness Protection location! Gonna have to move to a new hideout!

edit on 25-9-2011 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
My house always shake. I live close to a road / bridge and it feels like tiny earthquakes everytime a medium size truck pass on it. I know, my theory is not as sexy as a D.U.M.B. or someone building an underground city but the new motto of ATS is ignore common sense now.

Would give you 20 stars if i could

The mast majority of ATS doesn't think logical. It's never normal natural causes it is always, ALIENS DID IT@!@!@~!~!~~ WORLDS ENDING NEW AGE COMING THROUGH!~!~~ CROSSING THE ASTRAL PLANE 2012@!!~ MOON BASES

Right

Having an "open mind" doesn't mean you should deny common sense

edit on 9/25/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Ummm...nothing in this thread equated to anything you said that people reiterate. I started off the thread asking what it could be and seeing if others maybe have felt the same thing. Nobody has mentioned aliens in the thread that I am aware of, so the fact that your making fun of people is beyond my comprehension.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

A very low frequency noise would be possible. I have a subwoofer that does this where you can 'feel' the noise way before you can hear it. I believe the frequency is below 20hz. That is a possible explanation, but what could be making the noise?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

well, I would imagine that something that could produce low pass frequency below 20-16hz or lower, could be something that could move a lot of air, causing a literal wave of air that bounces off objects and reflects back on itself, causing the very low frequency.

It could also be something under ground moving a massive amount of air in and out of a cave or other opening - give the effect of coming from an enclosure and the mouth of the cave - or any other opening the air could escape through - acting like a ported/pressure expel valve.

That is just a guess of what could cause the noise. I have no idea what could be capable of causing the noise in a manner as I described.

We have removed a massive amount of oil from the Earth and no doubtedly caused caverns, etc. Could be some of the empty caves/oil reservoirs collapsing on themselvesand moving massive amounts of air out of the area and to the surface. May even be possible that deep earthquakes shifting and moving tmass amounts of air creating such a low pass sound.

May even be faults slowly lurching over one another, causing an incredibly large area to be affected by the sounds and quakes. Ofcourse, absolutely 100% speculation on my part and not even sure that it is good speculation.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
Hmm.. something seems up. Bright lights reported in the skies, tiles being shaken in a jail cell.

And this Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

Interesting times to be alive indeed.

Originally posted by AussiePatriot

Yeah that is strange something is definitely going on. Also, in case you haven't noticed earthquakes are happening almost daily around South-East Asia which is normally not so active. We are even experiencing them in remote parts of Australia which is very rare.

Originally posted by Gaussq
Could it be that all things(rocks, gravel, buildings, people etc) that have huge, black karma are starting to shake?

According to all endtime prophecies good things will make it and bad things will disintegrate at the end of times. So if we are near the end of times as we know them it makes sense that the bad stuff is shaking and starting to disintegrate. We can also see this phenomenon in the explosive growth of sinkholes the last few months. So this can be extremely local and can never be found on the seismometer.

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Well a certain ex member predicted these type of things around 5 years ago....

Originally posted by esteay812

Maybe there is something to all these different anomolous reports! Maybe Mother Earth is one spiteful parent who wants to divorce her children and this rumbling and shaking is a precursor to her shaking us off her back ,like a flea riddled dog.

Or.... maybe the sounds and vibrations we are experiencing are nothing more than a new addition to the underground transit system that utilyzes mega high speed trains that travel around the globe in a matter of minutes!!

edit on 25-9-2011 by esteay812 because: tyops

-----------------------------------------------------
END QUOTES

Now right there are a collection of quotes from this thread of people making ridiculous claims. The logical thing would be to think for it to be some man made or completely natural thing causing this that can be explained. This is the complete opposite of what those people said up there.

And I wasn't making fun of anyone, just making an observation

edit on 9/25/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

You know,you made me think when you mentioned oil....maybe that's what happened to the sea floor in the Gulf. On another thread, we were talking about cavitation caused by fracking etc....it's a real possibility.
edit on 9/25/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'd like to mention that there are those who say that the destruction of underground bases under the United States began with the Colorado and Washington DC/Virginia 'earthquake'.

If this is true, this battle could still be ongoing or expanding.

Benjamin Fulford Interview

Some of the information in this interview is incredible - check it out!

Also, there is proof of this event on another ATS thread:

Earthquake in Richmond Virginia AND Richmond California on the Same Day
edit on 25-9-2011 by antoinemarionette because: More Info

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Holy cow. This hits close to home considering I live 1.5 hours south in Chattanooga. Maryville is only 30 minutes from Oak Ridge...the production site for The Manhattan Project. It is still very much a highly active area and I wouldn't be surprised if this had something to do with it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Hmm, not sure I can speak for the rest of the members who you quoted, and later ridiculed for posting their opinions on an alternative news/topic website. I can certainly tell you have no sense for sarcasm or humour, based on your reaction to my post that you quoted.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Ideas like that can sound crazy, especially if someone has poor common sense or fail to realize the extent we go to with some of the things we do. You know, I wonder if this is possible...

It would take something with extreme power to creat such a noise that permeates entire region. Could it be possible that the oceans have some how breached some of these cavities and continue to fill them with ocean water. The power of the ocean rushing into caverns, like what we are discussing, could easily move massive amounts of air and the acoustics of caverns may produce very low pass frequency.

Maybe this has happened and the reason it keeps recurring in certain areas is due to the tides rushing in and out of the cave system. The sound could change as it erodes the caves and the acoustic dynamics of the cavern system changes.

Just another far out speculation, lol.... my arms are long, but not sure they are long enough to reach that straw.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

As I said in my first post

The mast majority of ATS doesn't think logical. It's never normal natural causes it is always, ALIENS DID IT@!@!@~!~!~~ WORLDS ENDING NEW AGE COMING THROUGH!~!~~ CROSSING THE ASTRAL PLANE 2012@!!~ MOON BASES

All your quoted references minus the underground high speed rail system talks about a natural occurrence, just like you say never happens. I do not understand why you would come in here and make a derogatory comment rather than contributing to the thread.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
One house, one person = one neighborhood.
Thats a small neighborhood

It's a big headline with a small content.

Missing part's : Who's terrified, how many houses, how big an area, who are "they" cause no one else but the woman is mentioned.
Big lack of info, in this one, but maybe some more will show up in the future.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Ohh, enlightment me, por favor?!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No they aren't. They were filled of mystical/paranormal non logical ideas. The motto of ATS is DENY IGNORANCE. Assuming it is something to deal with karma, end times, that the world is "changing" because of a shaking house is nonsensical. All I want to do is encourage realistic thoughts here.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here is an interesting comment left on the article posted by the OP...wonder if anyone could verify that this shaking is where the rumblings were being reported.

Posted by: Enki Location: Seymour on Sep 25, 2011 at 01:08 PM

Guy and gals, you know what i find strange about this story? It is the fact that several months ago there was a very strange rumbling noise reported in many areas around the Eastern US, as well as other parts of the world. The rumbling seemed to just go away and talks of it died down. Now, what I find strange is that in many of the areas where these odd rumbling sounds were reported there are now reports of the Earth shaking, like an Earth Quake and it is being reported across the eastern US in the past days - weeks. Could it be that the rumbling noise didn't go away, it just went into an ultra low, inaudible frequency that is now vibrating the earth? If so what could be the source?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

No they aren't. They were filled of mystical/paranormal non logical ideas. The motto of ATS is DENY IGNORANCE. Assuming it is something to deal with karma, end times, that the world is "changing" because of a shaking house is nonsensical. All I want to do is encourage realistic thoughts here.

No, all you want to do is create turmoil and derail the thread for your own entertainment.

Let's just call it for what it is........

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Same thing happens at my place in Denver.
I had kind of written it off to the house settling into the clay during temperature changes but who knows.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
wtf is going on here???

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join