It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery 'Kaboom' in Greenwich Township Remains Unexplained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Source

A noise described by one resident as a "very loud kaboom" during Tropical Storm Lee has Greenwich Township residents and officials scratching their heads.

Greenwich Emergency Management Coordinator Gary Hill informed committee members Tuesday that residents felt something strange happen underneath their houses the night of Sept. 7.

"Unfortunately, the only thing that showed up so far was a small sinkhole by a storm drain," Hill said.

Barry Glassman, a resident in the 500 block of Dori Place, experienced the event firsthand.
"There was a very loud kaboom and then the earth shook under our houses dramatically to the point where we actually thought it was another earthquake," Glassman recounted at Tuesday's meeting, adding it happened about 7:30 p.m.

Glassman said he rounded up his family and headed outside "in socks or barefoot."

"When outside in the rain we saw that all of our neighbors were outside doing the same thing and everybody was yelling 'What was that?'" Glassman said.

Well, if I heard a 'very loud kaboom' I would be wondering what the hell is was as well.

Could this have been a jet above them reaching supersonic speed? During a tropical storm? I know obviously the winds in a tropical storm only goes so high, but why would they be flying supersonic over a tropical storm?

I found this story quite intriguing and thought I would share it with you all, I looked around and did not find it so I had to post. There is nothing more that ATS loves than unexplained mysteries.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

It's probably a warning to all those hedge fund managers who work/live there to get their affairs in order...

In all seriousness, I had not heard about this. My first thought was Westchester airport, which is not far, but as you already said that would be strange in the midst of a tropical storm. Could have been just a really loud clap of thunder right over the area where it was heard...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Posted on my blog:

During Hurricane Irene (August 27th-28th 2011)
So I saw three bursts of light, They were so loud all my neighbors came out on their balcony. There was one in the distance an explosion then in a brilliant light of green and pink. The explosions closer to my window were just a brilliant white light, 3 in different spots. It wasn't power lines or transformers blowing, there none in the area. I called the police, and they said they would send firemen, they just brushed it off, no one ever showed. My guides informed it was a -touch down- and that they would not respond, not openly anyhow. A portal opened up to allow ships or something, I wasn't paying much attention to my guide this time, we were all startled, it was so HUGE, and bright and loud, it sounded like a fireball crashing in to Earth. But there were no sparks, no smoke, no fire, nothing, I was told several of them touched down in the DC Metro area, 4 of them being in my local neighborhood. I am sure I can get my police report if someone shows me how to go about that.

I was talking to the police and I know the operator could sense my distress, I had no clue what was going on till my guide stepped in. It happened twice right outside my window. About mid atmosphere or maybe a bit closer to the ground, the bursts of light so bright it's hard to tell, I could've gone on my balcony but it wont open because the door is messed up and the weather was to violent to go out. Not mid atmosphere almost like to the ground actually. It's hard to describe. Also I never mentioned to the police I thought it was anything odd, I just said, I think power lines blew or transformers, they asked me if I saw sparks, fire or smoke I said no, they asked if I saw any evidence at all of it being electrical, I said no. That was the last I heard of them. I was told by my guide they (Star People) used the opportunity of a hurricane to come through "under the radar". It was a portal opening up allowing ships to come through. My roommate saw a triangular shaped blue light just after the flashes and explosion sounds. I was told ships can decloak at any time but sometimes they need to come through portals. My guide told me to watch for reports after the quake of similar event around the coast.
========================================================
As reported to the National UFO Reporting Center
100 Date: 9/13/2011

110 Time: 23:30

120 Duration: Several Seconds

130 Sighting City: New Carrollton

140 Sighting State: Maryland

150 Sighting Zip: 20784

160 Sighting County: Prince Georges

170 Witnesses: 2

172 Shape: Unknown

168 Number of Craft: 0

190 Description: (Note I was not able to view the craft) A set of powerful Sonic Booms where heard last night during the late hours of September 13th 2011, but NOT like what you would normally hear from jets or planes. it came from the entire sky, and it was so loud that everything in my area STOPPED, literally everything and everyone came to a stand still (By this I mean, it was like total silence, nothing but the sounds were heard and then the helicopter), I swear I thought we here in the DC area were under attack, (There is a line as long as TX wanting to Nuke DC) I even held my breath and braced myself there momentarily waiting for impact, it had a small whistling sound too I think, shortly after a helicopter must of gone past right over my house because I heard a strong sound of the whirling blades and the apartment shook a little bit. I really did think we were under attack, I thought a nuke or something was targeted to the DC area. Oh thank God it wasn't that but now I am left wondering what WAS that?. Even my neighbor came out.

180 Description: Loud Sonic Booms Heard Followed By Helicopter In Maryland

This is what it sounded like + plus a strange whistling sound:

I received a call back from Mr Davenport, the head of the National UFO Reporting Center, this morning and to my surprise he informed me that a similar report had come out of New York City this morning. He suggested I do some more investigating, so off I go to ask my neighbors if they too heard anything or saw anything strange last night, and call the local police department and others, hopefully I can find out what happened last night.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

The answer is in the source.it sounded like a good explanation ,didnt anyone read it?
edit on 25-9-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

I heard something like that here in Montgomery County MD. I can't remember what time it was but it was early in the morning when I was finally feeling relatively secure the trees out back were not going to crash into our house. I forget how many booms, maybe three and the house shook like an earthquake rattle more than the kind we typically get with thunder. I jumped up alert and shaky, too. I assumed it was just thunder. I did not see anything because at the time I was trying to sleep after being up all that night and had my eyes closed and my head half under the blankets.

Just out of curiosity, were you living in New Carrollton in 1984-1985? You look kind of young if that is you in the avatar so I don't expect you were even born then. Just in case, I thought I'd ask. There was something me and some of my high school classmates experienced in that school year and it was really odd. So I was just wondering if you were "in town" in that time frame and remember anything odd from back then.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

Your guide? What does that mean?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

They said possible explanation in the source link, they never said anything was definitive. If there was kabooms going off near my house, I would want something definitive, even if it is limestone moving as then I would know my house could possibly be in trouble. When it came to something like this I would like absolute answer when possible.

Pred...

new topics

top topics

join