It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Can Win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Political positions of Ron Paul

Now after reading all the crap that gets thrown around about Ron Paul

I decided to do a bit of reading about his policies and reasons for them
and i have come to the conclusion that he is quite a good candidate

Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul
Please read this link...

It's hard to tell if the idea that Ron Paul cannot win in 2012 is more ignorant, in its complete lack of historical sophistication, or more arrogant, in its claim to certainty amid all the complexity of 300 million lives and the myriad issues that affect them.

Here is an excellent article that notes some of the striking similarity's between the situation happening in america at present and other tumultuous times in world history.

Sometimes, perhaps once in a few generations, a nation can undergo what a mathematician or physicist would call a "phase change."

The classic example of such a thing is a pile of sand.

Every grain you add makes the pile slightly steeper and slightly higher without moving any of the other grains inside the pile,
until eventually one grain is added that causes an avalanche of sand down the sides of the pile, moving thousand of grains and changing the shape of the pile.

^ I thought this was an interesting analysis ^

Such behavior can be exhibited by all complex systems, and a nation -- it should be obvious -- is much more complex than a pile of sand.

The important point for those who would presume to make such grand predictions as "Dr. Paul cannot win" is that no examination of the pile of sand before the point of avalanche would tell you that, or when, the avalanche will eventually happen.

But happen it does; indeed, happen it must.

ron-paul-can-win
Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul
Ron Paul Receives loudest Applause
Ron Paul Explains The Perry Wrist Grab,
Ron Paul will be on the Daily Show Monday 9/26

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

With Coherent Ideas such as this , Yes He Can...................

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I highly encourage you guys to watch this and then look at Ron Paul's recent numbers in NH that puts him second place @ 14%

The revolution is strong, in an experimental grassroots event,Ron Paul just spoke to a packed crowd of 1300+ at LSU yesterday and another 850+ showed up to his Louisiana HQ grand opening. Ron Paul can pull crowds like this with only a few weeks warning because the youth is waking up, they want change, not chains!

They used to say RP's ceiling is at 5%, then 8%, then 10%, now 15%, tomorrow is 20% and RP is almost at the tipping point.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Excuse me?

"Ron Paul Can Win"

No Sir. NO.

"RON PAUL WILL WIN"

He's already won in my book.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Excuse me?

"Ron Paul Can Win"

No Sir. NO.

"RON PAUL WILL WIN"

Now that's what I call positive thinking (assuming you are a Ron Paul supporter)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Are you seriously trying to tell me that the US will ellect someone who (As far polotitians go lol) is honest, reasonable ans sensible. Someone who isn't Islamophobic, in pockets of the banks and Israel. A guy who has decent values and will work to undo some of the police state being tightened arround US citizens. Someone who appears to be...... sane? Who refuses to be a glove puppet, who is anti-war?

Come on, you'll be telling me Santa is real next! lol It will never happen. They won't let it happen.

I still remember the "America appologises to the world" web site after you voted Bush fir a seccond term!

While not receiving a majority of the popular vote and selected by the Supreme Court rather than elected, we nevertheless have ended up with a sociopath as President surrounded by religious fanatics who actively seek war and others who seek to destroy our democracy and impose authoritarian values.

An American Apology To The World

There are still not enough of you to make a difference. Sorry.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Ok fair enough, provide your solution, I promise you I'm listening.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Excuse me?

"Ron Paul Can Win"

No Sir. NO.

"RON PAUL WILL WIN"

I hope this is true. I think part of the problem with Paul is, while lots of people support him, they are also under the impression that he can't get enough supporters to win an election. Therefore, they vote for the Other Guy, so as not to waste their vote.

I know that if this election comes down to Perry v Obama, I will not be voting for a candidate. I will be voting against a candidate. Picking the lesser of two evils if you will.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Ameilia because: to fix typo

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

or better yet.... who are you going to vote for?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
Are you seriously trying to tell me that the US will ellect someone who (As far polotitians go lol) is honest, reasonable ans sensible. Someone who isn't Islamophobic, in pockets of the banks and Israel. A guy who has decent values and will work to undo some of the police state being tightened arround US citizens. Someone who appears to be...... sane? Who refuses to be a glove puppet, who is anti-war?

Come on, you'll be telling me Santa is real next! lol It will never happen. They won't let it happen.

I still remember the "America appologises to the world" web site after you voted Bush fir a seccond term!

While not receiving a majority of the popular vote and selected by the Supreme Court rather than elected, we nevertheless have ended up with a sociopath as President surrounded by religious fanatics who actively seek war and others who seek to destroy our democracy and impose authoritarian values.

An American Apology To The World

There are still not enough of you to make a difference. Sorry.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

I think the world has a chance if everyone would replace sarcasm with faith...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

I don't get to vote in the US. In fact I can't even vote where I live. I can vote in the UK, but that is on the other side of the planet, so I'm not sure about how I am supposed to do it! lol

My solution would require revolution. Pick up your flowers and march for peace. (You might get maced or beaten up by the police state though) But still... You need to activate peoples minds, their votes will follow.

Occupy every town square in every major city, sit in peace and wave your flower at the police. The world will see.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Well, i personally don't think he can...there could be massive support, but how many will actually go to the voting booth? there is a difference between spamming online msm polls, posting youtube comments and then actually making sure you vote when it counts. Even disregarding that, remember that the voting can be rigged quite easily. And lets say he does win, why would anything change? members of both parties can make sure that he has one hell of a time doing anything, he could be assassinated...and while there would be anger, conspiracies and some sort of commission set up... no one would take any real action(thats a fact) And then here comes the real crunch, if he does win and none of the above happens, he manages to implement many if not all of his policies...who wants to bet how many people will hate the fact they voted for him in the first place?
edit on 25-9-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Let me first say that I am a long time Ron Paul supporter. I have been voting for Ron Paul since he ran on the Libertarian ticket.

This Nation needs Ron Paul to survive as the United States (as we know it to be).

If we had a fair and legitimate election Ron Paul would win this time. If the popular vote was counted fairly and our Electoral College followed that vote Mrs. Ron Paul could start picking out new drapes for the White House.

BUT, this is only a pipe dream. Ron Paul will not be allowed to win …no matter what.

The Globalist have corrupted our Government to the extent that our leader’s loyalty lies with their agenda and not with the United States. The Globalist fascist agenda will do ANYTHING to keep there strangle hold on this nation.

Rick Perry is the person that has been selected to become POTUS, if Obama is not granted a second term.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ron Paul can't win. PERIOD.

There are not enough of his supporters that will actually go out and re-register as a Republican for him to win.

The only person that could persuade enough Republicans to do that is Rush Limbaugh, and he is not much of a Paul fan.

Just the facts.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

and while there would be anger, conspiracies and some sort of commission set up... no one would take any real action (thats a fact)

Ron Paul can't win. PERIOD. Just the facts

Wow!!! you guys must be from the future or somthing!!

Seeing as you KNOW for a FACT what will happen in the future, please can you tell me who is going to win the superbowl this season? Im going to Las Vegas soon and I would really like to put my bets down from information from such amazing FACT tellers.

Or........ you can learn what the word fact means:

Fact , noun
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.

stop spreading your pessimistic OPINION as fact.

You saying that Ron wont win and saying "thats a fact" is just as much FACT as me saying he will win and "thats a fact"

Its pessimistic people that keep this world from being great.
You cant sail around the world
You cant build a machine that can fly
You cant go into space
You cant create free energy
You cant have an honest man in the white house

History has proven pessimists wrong time and time again
We CAN put an honest man in the white house

RON PAUL 2012
(vote in the primary)

edit on 25-9-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
9/11 legacy: Analysts now part of law enforcement
P. SOLOMON BANDA, Associated Press
Updated 03:55 p.m., Saturday, September 24, 2011

www.chron.com/news/article/9-11-legacy-Analysts-now-part-of-law-enforcement-2187151.php

(...)

Civil rights groups view the centers with suspicion, fearing they could be used to spy on Americans. There have been some missteps.

In 2009, Missouri's fusion center issued a report that said supporters of GOP Rep. Ron Paul of Texas posed a security threat. In 2010, Pennsylvania ended its contract with a private company that produced warnings for distribution by that state's fusion center. The firm had issued reports on peaceful protesters.

(...)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

History has proven pessimists wrong time and time again
We CAN put an honest man in the white house

RON PAUL 2012
(vote in the primary)

You can also learn from history. Look at Ron Paul did just 4 short years ago. Nothing is different. We all know the definition of insanity, don't we?
edit on 25-9-2011 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I feel bad for you guys that truly believe that you can put an honest man into a an absolutely corrupt position.

I want to see what the Paulites do once their dreams are crushed.

Will you vote for Rick Perry? Barack Obama?

Or will you wake up and realize that this fight is FIXED?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You can also learn from history. Look at Ron Paul did just 4 short years ago. Nothing is different. We all know the definition of insanity, don't we?

Ofcourse any educated person knows what the definition of insanity is.
But what is going on right now would not fall in line with "doing the same thing and expecting different results"
As for myself, I am more involved this election cycle than the last one and I'm really doing my research on ALL the canidates. So by defintion I'm ,aswell as many others, not doing the same thing and expecting different results. We the Pualites, as we've been dubbed, are getting more involved and truly doing what we can to get this man where he needs to be.

Nice try though.

I can also use your insanity argument just as you did.
Look at all the lieing, corrupt people we put into power and all they have done is make it worse.
So..... By defintion of insanity, we keep putting corrupt people into power expecting for a different result.

Guess we're all insane, and by the looks of the condition the country is in now I think thats a pretty good assumption.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Why can't I Flag this thread? Of course Ron Paul can win, he is the only one who doesn't work for the bankers!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join