RIP Australia 1788-2012

page: 13
68
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AussiePatriot
 





I have no problem with the corporations mining this country, but hey let's not overdo it. The only type of corporations that should be banned from mining in Australia are foreign government owned mining giants particularly those belonging to China.

They are banned and for good reason.




The mining giants won't pack up and leave? WOW you are thick headed aren't you. There are so many places where our customers could get minerals for cheaper than Oz and places that are closer too like Siberia for example.

Siberia... The place that is generally restricted to Russian mining companies. Good luck BHP Billiton getting a contract there. Just because a mining company were to be mining in Russia dosen't mean they wouldn't be simultaneously mining here. If they are making massive profits (which they are) they will continue to mine in Australia.



I don't know what planet your on but the government is actually cutting back on subsidising clean energy you fool which is why I made that statement.

They still subsidise it and I can't blame them for cutting back. They are trying to run a budget surplus by 2013.




The reason we cut immigration was due to the GFC in 08-09, and by the way cutting 50,000 isn't much. Australia should be looking at ways we can accompany more people by increasing our food bowls, creating new sources of water etc. Before sending more people to the already overcrowded cities on the eastern coast.

Firstly with relative who work in immigration and refugee settlement I can tell you 50,000 is alot and secondly I can tell you I completely agree and that is exactly why large portions of new immigrants are settled in the city and many skilled migrants with farming backgrounds are being accepted. Isn't that exactly what you want?




As for the Queensland floods, it may be a state decision but their 'state mistake' has cost the whole nation another tax called the flood levy. Go figure.

Sweet then blame your local council and state governments not the federal government.




posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by convinceme
 


Wow so his competence as a leader is judged by his failure to use slang. I think Kevin made a great leader steering us through the financial crisis but I agree the Labour party dosen't need a change in leadership but it needs to return to its ideals, cut the dead weight and start working for the country instead of playing the political game the liberals are baiting them into.

I've lived in Australia for 11 years and I haven't learnt much slang at all and I liked Kevin because he was articulate and intelligent. That is the kind of leader we need and that is the kind of representation this country needs. How often do you hear Obama using African American slang? Never.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by convinceme
 


Wow so his competence as a leader is judged by his failure to use slang. I think Kevin made a great leader steering us through the financial crisis but I agree the Labour party dosen't need a change in leadership but it needs to return to its ideals, cut the dead weight and start working for the country instead of playing the political game the liberals are baiting them into.

I've lived in Australia for 11 years and I haven't learnt much slang at all and I liked Kevin because he was articulate and intelligent. That is the kind of leader we need and that is the kind of representation this country needs. How often do you hear Obama using African American slang? Never.



Hostoricaly Labor can't balance a budget. When they were last voted out we were left with a deficit. Howard not only got us out of the deficit labor left us with he put us into surplus and did it without cutbacks and general penny pintching.. It was that surplus and stratergies put in place by the Libs that got us through. In reference to what was said about Rudds slang isn't so much what he said but the fact that he was trying to say he can relate to the population and the very words he used showed he had no idea.

This labor government like all labor governments balance budgets by cutbacks and penny pintching and viewing the people as a cash cow. However this labor government has adopted a policy if ignoring the people and what is being seen is the lashback to that. I was born and grew up here and I've lived the differences.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows
 


I think if you looked at the flucuations of the economy (the ups and downs) you would see a corelation between downwards dips and budget deficits. I agree the Liberal economic policy of the Howard administration was well calculated and generally great policy. However it is not as simple as looking at the policies but also the state of the global and national economy which the policy if shaped around. As soon as the recession hit almost all economists expected a budget deficit as good policy would ensure that outlays would increase and revenues decrease in order to stimulate the economy. I simply want people to stop blaming a certain political party and look at the underlying causes for a budget deficit (i.e. the GFC).

Honestly I feel no association with either party and I boycott voting. I wouldn't vote for Labour, Liberal, the Greens or Nationals if you payed me to.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by steveknows
 


I think if you looked at the flucuations of the economy (the ups and downs) you would see a corelation between downwards dips and budget deficits. I agree the Liberal economic policy of the Howard administration was well calculated and generally great policy. However it is not as simple as looking at the policies but also the state of the global and national economy which the policy if shaped around. As soon as the recession hit almost all economists expected a budget deficit as good policy would ensure that outlays would increase and revenues decrease in order to stimulate the economy. I simply want people to stop blaming a certain political party and look at the underlying causes for a budget deficit (i.e. the GFC).

Honestly I feel no association with either party and I boycott voting. I wouldn't vote for Labour, Liberal, the Greens or Nationals if you payed me to.


The problem is that any informal vote doesn't get anywhere and voting for the smaller parties will end up in a hung parliment ( unless the vast majority votes for one particular small party which never happens) which is what happend at the last election and when that happens people are left with a party they don't want.

Also if you don't vote you get fined.
edit on 28-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
edit on 29-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by AussiePatriot
 





I have no problem with the corporations mining this country, but hey let's not overdo it. The only type of corporations that should be banned from mining in Australia are foreign government owned mining giants particularly those belonging to China.

They are banned and for good reason.




The mining giants won't pack up and leave? WOW you are thick headed aren't you. There are so many places where our customers could get minerals for cheaper than Oz and places that are closer too like Siberia for example.

Siberia... The place that is generally restricted to Russian mining companies. Good luck BHP Billiton getting a contract there. Just because a mining company were to be mining in Russia dosen't mean they wouldn't be simultaneously mining here. If they are making massive profits (which they are) they will continue to mine in Australia.



I don't know what planet your on but the government is actually cutting back on subsidising clean energy you fool which is why I made that statement.

They still subsidise it and I can't blame them for cutting back. They are trying to run a budget surplus by 2013.




The reason we cut immigration was due to the GFC in 08-09, and by the way cutting 50,000 isn't much. Australia should be looking at ways we can accompany more people by increasing our food bowls, creating new sources of water etc. Before sending more people to the already overcrowded cities on the eastern coast.

Firstly with relative who work in immigration and refugee settlement I can tell you 50,000 is alot and secondly I can tell you I completely agree and that is exactly why large portions of new immigrants are settled in the city and many skilled migrants with farming backgrounds are being accepted. Isn't that exactly what you want?




As for the Queensland floods, it may be a state decision but their 'state mistake' has cost the whole nation another tax called the flood levy. Go figure.

Sweet then blame your local council and state governments not the federal government.





A state government is reflective of it's federal party be that party in power or not. The labor party was outed in NSW and though this federal labor party blew it off the fact is they know it's not good news for the federal government as the the largest populated state in Australia voted against the state labor party and will vote against the federal labor party as well. If the State labor party is doing a bad job so is the federal labor party because they're calling the shots. If QLD wasn't prepared for the floods in spite of a report years ago saying that they're not prepared, then it's just as much the fault of the federal labor government as it was the state labor government



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows
 


Fines are easy to evade. Simply write a couple of emails or post a letter complaining or making some sort of excuse and you will have the fine rebuked saying next time this happens you will have to pay. Simply wash, rinse and repeat.



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by steveknows
 


Fines are easy to evade. Simply write a couple of emails or post a letter complaining or making some sort of excuse and you will have the fine rebuked saying next time this happens you will have to pay. Simply wash, rinse and repeat.


So from how I read what you say is that you make a point of not voting but you have things to say on Australian politics.



posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows
 


Yes essentially. I don't like either of the major parties policies and I think that the poltical game they are playing with refugees and asylum seekers (playing to Australia's xenophobia and fear of the other) is a sad joke (in fact it is a sad joke that being in-human towards asylum seekers wins elections).

However, I simply want to point out the truth of Australian politics and take away the smoke and mirrors (i.e. accusations and propaganda) launched by both parties. For example the constant blame that the Labour party ran a deficit. If it didn't run a deficit you could expect far more unemployment and adverse affects from the GFC. As a student of economics I know that the average person buys into the political game and dosen't look at the facts and figures. Somthing which is detremental to a functional democracy.



posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by steveknows
 


Yes essentially. I don't like either of the major parties policies and I think that the poltical game they are playing with refugees and asylum seekers (playing to Australia's xenophobia and fear of the other) is a sad joke (in fact it is a sad joke that being in-human towards asylum seekers wins elections).

However, I simply want to point out the truth of Australian politics and take away the smoke and mirrors (i.e. accusations and propaganda) launched by both parties. For example the constant blame that the Labour party ran a deficit. If it didn't run a deficit you could expect far more unemployment and adverse affects from the GFC. As a student of economics I know that the average person buys into the political game and dosen't look at the facts and figures. Somthing which is detremental to a functional democracy.


When the Howard government got into power there was relativaly high unemployment and deficit of 40 billion thanks to labor. While labor was in there was no Global economic meltdown no doom and gloom and the stock markets weren't in trouble yet they still left us with high unemployment almost no money spent on anything though alot was wasted and a 40 billion deficit. While the Libs were in unemployment dropped there was billions spent on programs and they got is into a 40 billion dollar surplus and didn't cancel any social services or have any major cutbacks to do it.

My point is that labor can blame the worlds woes for the deficit however history shows that deficit is what Labor does. The libs paid our nations bills and saved 40 billion without penny pintching yet labor has stopped unemployment for anyone under 25, they're cancelling HECS which means alot of people will be denied a uni degree now, They're tearing apart the health system. They cancelled all funding to assist homeless males so on and so on. They can't balance a budget and they've lowerd our living standards and are screeming that we need to save money yet the lIbs got us out of the trouble Lbor out us in and didn't cut back on anything. It's not the circumstances but the people running the country.



posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows
 


The 90's of Bob Hawke and Paul Keating is a period where we undertook globalisation economic reform at an accelerated rate. Short term unemployment was expected but as firm began to improve efficiency and increase there competetivness Australia was destined to bounce back. I am wondering if you favour protectionism?

But even with that there were major economic woes during this period, primarily the South East Asia crisis. Indonesia, South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand and a few other major Asian economies were vastly affected. Then we had the multitude of economic crisis plauguing South America, especially Argentina, Brazil and Mexico and not to mention the adverse affects these had on major European economies. Lets add to this the systematic economic collapse of the USSR and the stagnation of the Russian economy and other Central European, Central Asian and Eurasion Economies. Last time I checked the 90's were pretty bad.

I haven't heard anything about them cancelling HECS, but I can tell you if that were to be the case I would be launching an online anti-Labour government campaign. Can you please link me to any sources to sustain this claim? I remember that the Liberal government planned on raising HECS fee's if they had one the federal election.



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by steveknows
 


The 90's of Bob Hawke and Paul Keating is a period where we undertook globalisation economic reform at an accelerated rate. Short term unemployment was expected but as firm began to improve efficiency and increase there competetivness Australia was destined to bounce back. I am wondering if you favour protectionism?

But even with that there were major economic woes during this period, primarily the South East Asia crisis. Indonesia, South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand and a few other major Asian economies were vastly affected. Then we had the multitude of economic crisis plauguing South America, especially Argentina, Brazil and Mexico and not to mention the adverse affects these had on major European economies. Lets add to this the systematic economic collapse of the USSR and the stagnation of the Russian economy and other Central European, Central Asian and Eurasion Economies. Last time I checked the 90's were pretty bad.

I haven't heard anything about them cancelling HECS, but I can tell you if that were to be the case I would be launching an online anti-Labour government campaign. Can you please link me to any sources to sustain this claim? I remember that the Liberal government planned on raising HECS fee's if they had one the federal election.


Most of all that had nothing to do with how good or bad things were in Aus Anyway the Libs got in in 96 and were able to get us to surplus. And it wouldn't do good to think I've got some angle as I'm only pro high living standard and anti use Aussies as a cash cow. If Labor were doing a good job or if ever did a good job I'd support them. They do have HECS marked. My daughter started uni this year and got HECS but was told that next year it will probably not be available anymore as Labor is going to kill it. I bet most of Labor got their degrees funded by HECS as well.
edit on 1-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)
edit on 1-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows
 


I agree with you I support the party that does a good job and frankly in my eyes neither have done a good job although I believe both parties since 96 have done a good job in managing the economy and I give props to labour for doing it through a recession.

However you claims on living standards are rather strange. As far as I am concerned I have more money then I have ever had before and am living better than I have ever lived before. In fact Melbourne is rated to most livable city in the world. Can you please provide my some statistics for the fall in our living standards? We do have the second highest wage rates in the world behind Norway and an efficient social benefits and healthcare system.



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Gillard is a redhead ...Hanson was a redhead.
Hanson was jailed on false charges, Gillard is PM and thats life.
Hanson was a patriot if not the most shrewd or wise.
Gillard is shrewd and definetly not a patriot ?unless we aretalking about patriotic International Socialist Patriosm for the Motherlands of tyranny?
Just how does a tyrannical anti human freedom Chinese dictatorship buy up so much of a free nation?
Join the dots dear fiends...its not too difficult.



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I heard on a news break briefly this morning that Wayne Swan is going to increase the GST rate and remove some other taxes.

Has anybody else heard this?

Surely this cannot be true?

This mobbed rallied hard against the GST when Howard was PM saying once its introduced it will only rise and now they are the onces that are going to increase it?

Add that to the Carbon Tax and I wonder if anybody will be able to get by from week to week in this country.

They are taxing us to bloody bankruptsy....how desperate are they to make surplus by 2012/2013? At the expense of peoples livelihood.....

Whats the bet the other taxes dont get eliminated, the very same way GST was supposed to remove some other taxes but didnt.

Bitch has a target on her head!



posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired
 


Are you actually calling the bigot Hanson a patriot? Jeez if she had her way I probably wouldn't even be living in Australia.



posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Gillard is a redhead ...Hanson was a redhead.
Hanson was jailed on false charges, Gillard is PM and thats life.
Hanson was a patriot if not the most shrewd or wise.
Gillard is shrewd and definetly not a patriot ?unless we aretalking about patriotic International Socialist Patriosm for the Motherlands of tyranny?
Just how does a tyrannical anti human freedom Chinese dictatorship buy up so much of a free nation?
Join the dots dear fiends...its not too difficult.



Hanson and her party had the right idea and asked the questions everyone else was asking. The problem with her and her party was inexperience and not knowing how to deliever their message with out being extremely targeted by minority groups and do gooders. She was a threat to the two main parties , mostly because she had the grey vote, as can be seen in her going to gaol. That was a behind closed doors deal if ever there was one. Even some of her enemies were shocked that it happened. Like one of the questions about 1 billion being spent in a short period on the aboriginies and there being not a thing to show for it. ignorent people at the time confused one Australia with white Australia and the two main parties were sure to fuel it.

Her message simply was it doesn't matter if your're black white male or female . You won't get given a job or handed money just because of your race or gender. You have to look for a job and stand in a dole que just like everyone else.
edit on 2-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by steveknows
 


I agree with you I support the party that does a good job and frankly in my eyes neither have done a good job although I believe both parties since 96 have done a good job in managing the economy and I give props to labour for doing it through a recession.

However you claims on living standards are rather strange. As far as I am concerned I have more money then I have ever had before and am living better than I have ever lived before. In fact Melbourne is rated to most livable city in the world. Can you please provide my some statistics for the fall in our living standards? We do have the second highest wage rates in the world behind Norway and an efficient social benefits and healthcare system.



What about the leap in cost of power, cost of water, cost of food. People wages don't climb to match such a leap and what goes into those costs is taken away from your personal wealth. People trash job seekers as being dole bludgers which isn't true of most people looking for work. Gillard has stopped the dole for any job seeker under 25 so that in itself puts a strain on the family of the the job seeker which most are between 18 and 25 who have just finished school or uni. So what that means is that if you are a parents or parents with a job seeker between the age of 18 and 25 the cost of their living falls on you if they're not a student. I could agree with that if the RED REGULATOR raised the voting age to 25. But instead she says that you working class people now must look after your adult child who has just left school or uni because even though by law they are classed as adults and must vote the government has decided that they're non people and you must foot the bill. Oh by the way while I'm lowering your living standards through this extra cost and setting Australia back 50 years we're also going to slug you with a carbon tax just to make things that much harder and we as a government are going to ignore the fact that the billions made from revenue of mining and such are supposed to be passed down to the population through social services and other schemes as well as public works to generate employment and we're going to keep that and not spend money things, boat people excluded, and then hit you with more taxes so we get money from there plus from you and this is how we balance a budget.

PS. We haven't shortened the waiting list for operations paid for by NHC, we just cut the list in half and now half the people who were on the waiting list are now on a waiting list to go on the waiting list but the figures look good on paper.

PSS Keep an eye out for potholes in the roads as we're not spending money on the transport systems or roads.

Thanks for the pay rise which is about to double my income. I'm glad I was able to force you to tighten your belts.

Love Julia your PM. (by default)


www.theaustralian.com.au...


edit on 2-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AussiePatriot
 


Australia was colonized by criminal from Britain, now it looks like they will end their days being governed by one.

Time does not really change things. It just moves things about out of sight for a while.

Too bad as Australia used to be a great country.






top topics



 
68
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

log in

join