It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls penned and maced at Wall St. Protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Absolutely horrifying. This is what happens when you protest corporate America? If this isn't the time to act, I don't know when the time is then. We have to make the right kind of change in this country. We need to eliminate the corporate suits from Washington. But that won't happen.

Not unless...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I saw this earlier, thats completely messed. I witnessed several people being thrown to the ground, having knees and elbows drilled into them, some cops were even punching too.

Glad their media team is damn good and has kept all the updates regular, and the live feed up as much as possible.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Pathetic cops again..

When are the REAL men of America gonna come forward and protect their own??

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Right now. I was watching the live feed off and on all day. If your in the area, join in, donate or anything to help them. I watched thousands march, anywhere between 1.5 - 3 thousand people marching to union square.

It was very nice to see. The headcount seems to be growing. 8000 people watching the live feed at one point tonight. And will likely grow.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
WOW, Ninemsn here in Australia just posted this news..

A scene captured at New York's "Occupy Wall Street" protests shows police rounding up a quiet group of female protestors before pepper spraying them without any provocation.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

That's great..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
When peaceful protest doesnt work, guess what comes next.
2nd

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
They look like terrorists to me. Thinking they can protest in America, ha! Who do they think they are?

Had it coming.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I just posted my video under another thread...I think the "80 arrested" one... but to anyone wanting to watch live, if it hasn't already been posted here's the link:

www.livestream.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
America, Land of the fre they say
Land of opportunity, In a just and peacefull way.

Yeah right!

This is the sort of behaviour that America would use as an excuse to invade if it were happening in an oil rich muslim country. Hypocrites.

I hope something comes from this, but I'll bet nothing does. The police are untouchable in the US.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It looks like what they did to protesters in Denver during the 2008 DNC. People weren't allowed to speak while they appointed the Messiah, Barry.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Going to NYC this upcoming Friday, doubt this will still be going on but if so, I'll be sure to get some footage.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Going to NYC this upcoming Friday, doubt this will still be going on but if so, I'll be sure to get some footage.

It will be. Today had more people than the first day. It is only going to grow, and once the msm starts reporting on it, it will only go viral from there.

There is also OccupyLA, OccupyPortland, and im sure there are ones popping up ALL OVER the country right now, in #solidarity of #occupywallstreet.

I wish i could do more than send them best wishes.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

You're safe! This occupation was created with a several month occupation in mind. Not only that, but occupations are being created ALL over the nation and world! I know two just popped up in Oklahoma City and Tulsa. I'll be going to the Tulsa one to protest by the Bank of America building. Totally stoked!

So yeah, GET THERE! Solidarity FTW! #OccupyWallStreet

As for the people getting arrested, maced, etc. Those cops had no right to do that. The protesters have been completely peaceful since day one. I've been watching since it began and haven't seen a single person act aggressively despite the cops trying to incite violence. Including planting the Blac Block within the protesters. They also like to just randomly shove people and do what you saw in that video. It's messed up!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. - John F. Kennedy

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Who ya gonna call? Protestbusters! Dunadunadunaduna. Seriously, NYPD has gotta be jacked up on something.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Is there any reason given anywhere why they were sprayed? Were they ordered to move or something?
Also that hippie in the beginning of the video is assaulting one officers and once he/she gets taken down everyone starts screaming "police brutality!"? What the hell?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
There is so much going on it's hard to pick out who sprayed, but if you look at about the 20 sec mark, and just before that, you will see a couple of police officers in white shirts (supervisor?)rush up to the enclosure where the women are being held and one of them sprays straight at them and then they both retreat very quickly. You will also notice the annoyance of some of the (blue) uniformed officers at what just happened, because they ended up with the spray on their face as well. I saw no reason for this other than to kick it all up a notch.
edit on 9/26/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Second video shows same guy going with the gas again. This guy must get a bonus for each canister used.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by SeventhSeal

When are the REAL men of America gonna come forward and protect their own??

Woah....back the bus up.

This is 2011, the age of equality...they can defend themselves...

Jokes aside, I'm not shocked and or suprised.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, Op!

Frankly, I'm wondering if the noise canon will be coming out this weekend, then the thermotank. There was an article I read just recently about a college professor who was doing a study on protesters. She was in Pittsburgh and was riding her bike past the noise canon when they hit the button. Now, she's lost her hearing and is suing the Pittsburgh police department.

I don't believe the protests are going to dwindle. Things are going to excel.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i can't wait for the moment when all the protesters realize that they outnumber the cops, and a serious beat down is given. peaceful protest doesn't work when one side isn't being peaceful.

those two ladies weren't doing anything!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join