It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckle up for apocalypse Dow!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here is an Article from The Sydney Morning Herald, which i think accurately explains the seriousness of the Global Economic state.

Some say that financial armageddon is nigh - and that it's already too late to stop it. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

WHEN the respective heads of the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the Federal Reserve each warn within a day or so, as they did last week, that the likelihood of a double-dip global recession has increased and that ''we are entering a danger zone'', it's pretty hard to ignore. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

I find it ironic that in the face of such unmitigated disaster (economically speaking of course) that there are still pundits who claim its still not that bad??? ARE THEY ON CRACK??? not bad?? Mate its beyond insane how bad it really is. In the first GFC companies went bust and the banks had to bail them out. NOW THE BLOODY COUNTRIES ARE BROKE. That means all those retirement funds have gone bye bye.

It doesnt surprise me that economists are trying to downplay the severity of the situation. The markets are manipulated with fear and panic which is why they use such soothing and calming terms like. " we are working on a strategy to find an amicable solution" Translation "We F$#ed up royally spending all your money on hookers and coke and now we need to stall the revolution until we can come up with a new war or fear induced event to take your minds off the fact that all your life savings are gone"

STOP pretending everything is going to be ok its not. The economic system is inorganic its cant heal itself. There are way too many variables in the equation to balance out. which is why they are losing control. I just want to Avalanche to start already so we can get this over and done with.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Even Soros said the other day that, "the US is not heading for a double-dip recession...it's already there."

The Euro has six weeks at most according to other analysts if strong measures are not taken immediately.

At the rate this is going, I foresee a very large shootin' match before Christmas.

So much for Peace on Earth.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

EXACTLY!!! And you still have these morons singing cumbaya around the campfire saying things can get better. What fantasy world are they living in?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Because for most people, all it takes is someone who looks like an expert showing up on the news and saying "Everything is fine, the people saying the economy is going to collapse are just Chicken Little running out saying the sky is falling" for them to go back to sleep. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, not Mensa quality but smarter than the average joe, and even after spending weeks trying to look through all this financial mess and figure out what is going on I barely understand any of it. It's deliberately designed to be confusing, so that the average person HAS to rely on an "expert" to tell them what's going on. And since everyone WANTS to believe things are okay, they look for someone to tell them that it is so they can go back to dealing with their real problems, like trying to figure out how to pay the bills and keep their family fed. To a certain extent, it's not really their fault, the system is doing exactly what it is supposed to, be too confusing for us to understand.
Just my 2 cents, which is about all we'll have left when this is all through.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
But the economy is FINE! Go to any mall or shopping center, they're busy. Since the plummet we seen in May my store has been up in sales past budget every week! I mean look at the mass consumers, they are spending like it's 1999! Oh wait, they're using credit cards, for money they don't have, hey our government does that too! so it's okay right? Fridays are the only day I ever see cash, come midweek it's credit cards and checks, I mean who writes checks anymore? Am I the only one left that, if I don't have the cash, I don't buy it? I mean I could live beyond my means. But I don't want to be in debt to ANYONE. I'm not a slave.

The people over in the next city to mine, my mother thinks are rich. I says, "No, they might have nice clothes, cars and a house. But it's not theirs and they're in debt for it. When it goes bust, they will be the ones hurting."

Yeah, we're screwed and my rant is over. Until next payday, see you plastic sliders later.

ETA: Is the U.S, or even the world, still in the denial stage of the The Five Stages of Grief? Anger is next...
edit on 24-9-2011 by AMANNAMEDQUEST because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
All I can say is that change is imminent...

We need not worry about this artificial reality we forged ourselves in, to smooth out things as much as possible with whatever changes that are coming, we must find a ourselves by reconnecting with our true natural selves, and let the inevitable take it's toll.

Peace S & F

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Rant and rave is all we can do at this stage as we all feel helpless to do anything else. Credit is the single greatest tool of evil. Spending money you dont have is like pretending to eat food and expect to be full. Only a human could come up with AND convince another human to go along with something as insane as Credit.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

We need not worry about this artificial reality we forged ourselves in, to smooth out things as much as possible with whatever changes that are coming, we must find a ourselves by reconnecting with our true natural selves, and let the inevitable take it's toll.

Peace S & F

Define "our true natural selves," please? I don't mean to be rude, but that drivel has been spewed for more than a millennium. You said a whole lot without saying much, especially that I haven't already heard. That's not an answer to our situation. I could spend all day reconnecting with myself but I hear you'll go blind.

You do realize what the 'toll' costs right? Nobody will have enough change to fork over.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Peace S & F

Define "our true natural selves," please?

We are not being our true natural selves, when we are forced to work to make ends meet...I'd rather take my kids and go fishing, or camping in woods and be at peace and harmony with nature, and that is being my natural true self.

I'm sure you would enjoy doing a good 8 hours daily on things that really matter to you than stuck doing a repetitive task. Taking a Leave is just a way to kill the stressful hours we do for a living.

You do realize what the 'toll' costs right? Nobody will have enough change to fork over.

I am quite aware of this coming changes, and I'm also aware of what this implications are for us individuals. We are here to experience this changes as they are occurring, whether anyone has done enough in preparation for this coming changes is irrelevant, it is all part of the experience.

Ultimately, all will be fine....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Rant and rave is all we can do at this stage as we all feel helpless to do anything else. Credit is the single greatest tool of evil. Spending money you dont have is like pretending to eat food and expect to be full. Only a human could come up with AND convince another human to go along with something as insane as Credit.

Credit isn't actually that different than cash.
They both represent units of labor. Neither are real, and they both provide liquidity of assets and services.
While in principle, credit outlines future units of labor and cash represents past units of labor, in actuality this concept is particularly fluid in our capitalist system. e.g., more cash can be printed, and this can be viewed 1. as a dilution of labor if viewed in the past tense of cash or 2. it can be viewed as more labor that will occur in the future, and therefor becomes much the same as credit. Credit usage (aka leverage) allows for an increase in labor and therefor an increase in economic production.

Where it gets tricky is how both credit and cash are distributed, but that's for another another post / thread.

Oh, and to the point of the OP, everything is spiraling down. It's inevitable.
Why? Because our capitalist system only works with a positive growth factor (in the financial equations of the macroeconomics) It's a long complicated mess of math I have no wish to go into right now, but be assured, that with the long term growth factor set to zero, the equation reads as undefined.

edit on 25-9-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It's only bad because we can't get past the fact money is an illusion. Who the hell do we owe money to, and what would really happen if we refused to pay? Seriously what would happen? Pretty much nothing being a military super power. Is China going to fly over and attack us? No! They'll just wake up and realize they have to nationalize all their rich corporations...again! They're communist for Christ sake!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

We are not being our true natural selves, when we are forced to work to make ends meet...I'd rather take my kids and go fishing, or camping in woods and be at peace and harmony with nature, and that is being my natural true self.

I'm sure you would enjoy doing a good 8 hours daily on things that really matter to you than stuck doing a repetitive task. Taking a Leave is just a way to kill the stressful hours we do for a living.

So you would like then to sit on your backside while someone pops food in your mouth, makes a shelter for you, provides your clothes..... Here's a newsflash. The world does not owe anyone a living. Man has always had to work to support himself. Oh but maybe we can just magic it all out of thin air?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Googling the timeframe of a few months before September 2008, not many MSM warnings of recession or the coming bank collapses.

Interesting how bruised nerves are more sensitive.

The tone of the MSM is definitely more shrill before Sep'11 than Sep'08. Maybe it's nerves, maybe they've done more research this time.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CantSay
It's only bad because we can't get past the fact money is an illusion. Who the hell do we owe money to, and what would really happen if we refused to pay? Seriously what would happen? Pretty much nothing being a military super power. Is China going to fly over and attack us? No! They'll just wake up and realize they have to nationalize all their rich corporations...again! They're communist for Christ sake!

You know, it's funny you say this. I worked myself up into a mental frenzy a few months ago worrying about the U.S. being able to pay its debts. I got so concerned and weird about it, I had to phone my dad to see if he could talk me down.

He listened to me and then asked "Well, what would happen if the U.S. said to China: we aren't going to pay you back the money we owe?" So I said, well, either we would be at war with China, or they would stop exporting to us, or both. And he said "Do you think China can beat us in a war?" And I was unsure. There followed much conversation of why the U.S. would win against China, most of which sounded logical. So then he said "And what about the exports?" And I started going off about everything that we get from them. His response was: "The United States can make all of that stuff. We have the resources and the people to do it. Where do you think all the technology came from originally? Where do you think all the goods came from originally? They came from the U.S. And we could make them again. Currently the U.S. is outsourcing certain things, but we could survive without the outsourcing."

And this conversation calmed me down a little bit, about this issue at least.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Yeah of course credit represents future income labor of energy. But as we all know the future is always in flux and can't be predicted. also I agree the figures for the future are horrible and I can't see a way out short of a total reset of the system. Which it seems is the way things are headed. All the economies of first world countries are equalizing which will make it easier to convince the population to convert to a one world economy

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

So you would like then to sit on your backside while someone pops food in your mouth, makes a shelter for you, provides your clothes..... Here's a newsflash. The world does not owe anyone a living. Man has always had to work to support himself. Oh but maybe we can just magic it all out of thin air?

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions, quite frankly if can't understand what anyone is saying it's much better an approach to ask questions, aye???

Let's spell it out for you, is fishing not part of being my natural true self, let alone living of the land and enjoying nature and all its glory.

I believe you are too attached to this material world, that you really need to let go of it. For when your reality comes crumbling down, you'll be too scared to get your backside up to do something.

Say what, whether you like it or not the world as you know it is changing, and you best by ready for it, when it happens.

Peace...

edit on 25-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: clarity

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
My real dad is a stock broker, and his personality is one of dangerous optimism anyway- he lies to himself as well as others all the time, to the point of being totally out of touch with reality. My husband has tendancies to do same.

I have come to understand their reasons, and can admit a bit of validity to them- "thinking positive" sometimes has the power of bring forth positive results. Keeping focused on the desired outcome and ignoring the negative does actually get you where you want to go sometimes.

It is a tricky thing- knowing when you have to face the negative and deal with it, because ignoring it will NOT make it fade.

With the stock market, their reasoning has even more strength- seeing doom brings it on faster usually. It's all based on speculation, and simple rumors can destroy a market. A rumor used to be something just whispered amongst the traders and brokers, now they're on the internet, they get on the news (who get lots of their info from blogs now!), so I understand the way my dad was poo-pooing this months ago as a passing thing. He was right to do so. The more he acknowledged the worst the more people are encouraged to make the worst happen quicker.

Now he won't even answer my messages or calls. I guess he's at that point of having to acknowledge the crisis and frankly, he gets totally overwhelmed when that happens. (black is blinding when you are used to seeing through rose-colored glasses).

I think we need to recognize our responsibility in what happens too, try to find a balance between acknowledging what we see, what is potentially ahead, without losing our heads either! Do what you need to do "in case" but keep a door open in your mind for a more positive potential too,"just in case".

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Balance is the key as with all things. Unfortunately we have all been sold this fantasy that positive thinking will save us. Stand in front of a train and think it won't kill you all you want won't change the laws of physics. We are all screwed and the sooner people get that thought their heads the sooner we can fix this broken system.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
There were some phone-in questions on TV the other day. You could practically see the financial expert squirming. To acknowledge what was happening would guarantee disaster and bring it that much closer. He certainly wasn't going to answer 'yes' to the person asking if they should take their money out the bank.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

Originally posted by CantSay

You know, it's funny you say this. I worked myself up into a mental frenzy a few months ago worrying about the U.S. being able to pay its debts. I got so concerned and weird about it, I had to phone my dad to see if he could talk me down.

He listened to me and then asked "Well, what would happen if the U.S. said to China: we aren't going to pay you back the money we owe?" So I said, well, either we would be at war with China, or they would stop exporting to us, or both. And he said "Do you think China can beat us in a war?" And I was unsure. There followed much conversation of why the U.S. would win against China, most of which sounded logical. So then he said "And what about the exports?" And I started going off about everything that we get from them. His response was: "The United States can make all of that stuff. We have the resources and the people to do it. Where do you think all the technology came from originally? Where do you think all the goods came from originally? They came from the U.S. And we could make them again. Currently the U.S. is outsourcing certain things, but we could survive without the outsourcing."

And this conversation calmed me down a little bit, about this issue at least.

I wouldn't worry too much about it because that's the big picture for the president and cohorts to resolve. On a smaller scale, we just have to demand equitable jobs in this country. How the government goes about doing that, who cares - sort of. The government has to appease its people or there will be a revolution the likes no one has ever seen, which is something I wouldn't like see and most definitely the government wouldn't want either.
edit on 25-9-2011 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join