It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hannah McRoberts UFO photo - one of the best pics IMO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This for me is one of the better UFO pics ever taken. Daylight picture. Good clarity. Obviously metallic in appearance. Keep in mind also that this pic was taken in 1981 - many years before sophisticated photo manipulation software was commonly available. So image editing is highly unlikely. What do you think?

The Hannah McRoberts UFO Photograph Hannah Roberts Photograph October (10-15?), 1981 - Best Flying Saucer Photo Ever? Mrs. Hannah McRoberts (aged 25) of Campbell River, BC, was with her family at a rest-area some thirty miles to the north of Kelsey Bay on the east coast of Vancouver Island, from October 8 to 15, 1981. During this five-day period she says she took a number of pictures of her family and of the local scenery, using her 35 mm Mamiya camera with a 50-55 mm lens, 125 speed, and ASA 100 film. At one point during the holiday they observed that one of the mountain peaks was surmounted by a cloud somewhat suggestive, as they described it, of "a volcano issuing steam," so Mrs. McRoberts snapped that as well. None of the party noticed anything else in the air at the time, and the presence of the UFO was therefore only discovered by them when the prints and negatives came back to them after processing.

www.ufobc.ca...
www.ufocasebook.com...

edit on 24-9-2011 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 25/9/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Thanks for this, i have never heard of this before and it is a very, very convincing pic, i'm no expert in photoshop (only really used it for designing flyers for club nights) so it'll be interesting to see what people who are better versed in that than i say.

Thanks again, oh, one thing, you might wanna fix the link to the pic

I was looking through the other photos on that link and found this one, another really good one...

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 9/24/11 by djz3ro because: to add a link to another pic

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I had never seen that one...to the best of my knowledge.

I don't understand though with all the advances in camera tech that we haven't had a resolutely clear photo or video capture.

They always seem to be grainy somehow.

BTW: It kind of looks like the Jupiter II.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think it's kind of hard to believe that none of the people saw the thing when the picture was taken. To me it looks like it would have been pretty freakin obvious and hard to miss, but they say that no one saw it actually flying. It wasn't noticed till the film was developed. Seems strange given how sharp it is and how large it appears in the pic.

Leads me to believe that it's some kind of artifact which occurred during processing, and no one saw it because it wasn't there.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro

Thanks for this, i have never heard of this before and it is a very, very convincing pic, i'm no expert in photoshop (only really used it for designing flyers for club nights) so it'll be interesting to see what people who are better versed in that than i say.

Thanks again, oh, one thing, you might wanna fix the link to the pic

I was looking through the other photos on that link and found this one, another really good one...

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 9/24/11 by djz3ro because: to add a link to another pic

Thanks for the kind words. Link changed and fixed
This photo is from 1981 - long before photoshop became widely used - was it even in existence then as a photo-editing option? I doubt it...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

edit on 24-9-2011 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Actually the UFO is quite small in the original pic. In the crop (which is probably what you're looking at) it appears huge because it's a blown up crop. Also, if the craft was moving at a decent speed, they may not have noticed it, which would explain that IMO.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Looks like a classic Sport Model to me, OP....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

That East German pic is interesting too. I've never seen it either.

Interesting... again it's quite old (1982) so it's unlikely to be a Photoshop fake of any kind...

J.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

LOL! Yeah - I bet it really moves! No wonder they didn't see it when they took the pic...

2nd

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999 This photo is from 1981 - long before photoshop became widely used - was it even in existence then as a photo-editing option? I doubt it...

Actually, that's a good call, photoshop wasn't even invented until September '88. One thing i will say, this comes from the point of view of a photographer, the shot she took isn't asthetically pleasing, if i was taking a photo of those mountains with the clouds the composition would have been much better (i actually wouldn't have caught the ufo because i would have had a tighter shot), that being said, Ms McRoberts may not have been much of a photographer.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
A UFO? This is absurd!

this is definitly a piece of space debris falling through the atmosphere interacting with a temperature inversion with a bunch of birds flying through it all.

Now that I got that out of my system, good pic have no idea what it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
To me it just looks so similar to what the military was working on decades ago...I mean almost identical. Due to this fact, I can not say that I believe this photograph to be evidence of an extra-terrestrial flying craft.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro

Originally posted by jimbo999 This photo is from 1981 - long before photoshop became widely used - was it even in existence then as a photo-editing option? I doubt it...

Actually, that's a good call, photoshop wasn't even invented until September '88. One thing i will say, this comes from the point of view of a photographer, the shot she took isn't asthetically pleasing, if i was taking a photo of those mountains with the clouds the composition would have been much better (i actually wouldn't have caught the ufo because i would have had a tighter shot), that being said, Ms McRoberts may not have been much of a photographer.

Thanks for the clarification on the origins of Photoshop. 1988 huh? So the pic is pretty well impossible to fake. As for her ability as a photographer - I think these are just vacation pics taken on an old analogue camera, so I don't think she probably even had a zoom option. Just guessing here by the way...

According to the report, this is what she was using on that day:

35 mm Mamiya camera with a 50-55 mm lens, 125 speed, and ASA 100 film

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

C'mon give me a little credit. I realize there was a crop and it was enhanced. But I was looking at the full size pic.

In a mostly cloudless sky, I think that thing would have been pretty hard to miss, even at that distance. I mean they were all looking right at it, if they were looking at the cloud/mountain. Doesn't seem blurred like it would be if it were moving fast.

I'm sticking with a weird processing effect.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thanks for this. I live nearby where this picture was taken and didn't realize it existed.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
To me it just looks so similar to what the military was working on decades ago...I mean almost identical. Due to this fact, I can not say that I believe this photograph to be evidence of an extra-terrestrial flying craft.

No-one said it WAS extraterrestrial. But it is indeed a UFO. How do you know what the military was working on decades ago exactly? And who's to say (as many believe) the military wasn't simply trying to reverse-engineer captured discs?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
These pictures don't look like a hoax to me they look very real ..I've never seen these photo's before something new for me..I believe these photographs are the real deal ..Hannah McRoberts did capture the( Best Flying Saucer Photo Ever) S&F to you jimbo999
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Userx
Thanks for this. I live nearby where this picture was taken and didn't realize it existed.

You're welcome. Vancouver Island seems to have a rich history of good daylight sightings. I've seen some amazing photos coming from the Island. I wish I could still find some of them on the Net. The ones I remember were mostly from magazines in the 80's and 90's.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
These pictures don't look like a hoax to me they look very real ..I've never seen these photo's before something new for me..I believe these photographs are the real deal ..Hannah McRoberts did capture the( Best Flying Saucer Photo Ever) S&F to you jimbo999
Peace,sugarcookie1

Thanks Sugarcookie! I appreciate that. yes, it's a very impressive photo i think. Having seen one up close in daylight myself, it comes as no suprise really that the pic is this good. Just wish I could find more of the high quality UFO pics from this area that I've seen in the past.

Regards.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join