It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does GOD talk to you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

You know, you mention baptism. I have this feeling many people believe they are saved when they get dunked under the water by a priest. My experience is that the act of getting dunked under water is not what saves us. It is rather merging spiritually with GOD. I do not claim to know what exactly the holy spirit is, but my distinct impression is that the holy spirit is living within us. It is that determination we get to do the right thing. When we merge with the holy spirit those decisions become easier as they are part of who we have become.

You are correct. From my experience, most christians don't realize, that water baptism only starts the deeper processes of true intimate knowledge of God. They are like people who fail to read the fine print of a contract. Though it's all one process, there are two distinct baptisms. The first, the water baptism brought out into the open by John the Baptist is to give us the knowledge of salvation. According to the angel Gabriel, John will be great in the sight of God and lead many back to Him. Even Jesus gushes about John, saying there is none like him born of a woman and that he is "more" than just a prophet.

Jesus said if we love him we will follow his commands and this is precisely where many christians fail to read the fine print. To be baptized by Jesus is the culmination of our faith. The first command Jesus gives after coming up from his own water baptism is to repent for God's kingdom is near. There is a divine order to the process, that is why it is called the narrow path. A person cannot skip the first command. The Lord's arm is not too short to save and everything Jesus did in the physical can and will be replicated in the spiritual. That is how the mysteries work. There are mysteries you feel, you see, you smell, and you taste all along the path. The stories and the timestamps associated with them are given for conformation signs, so we know we are on the right path. That is why a few of them are called "miraculous signs." There are signs, wonders, miracles and miraculous signs.

It's a simple process. It's fail proof for those who put their mind, heart and soul into it. The advantages of knowing far outweigh those of not knowing.

No one wants to be like bogomil; clueless and in the dark.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

You wrote:

["No one wants to be like bogomil; clueless and in the dark"]

And what would you know about whom, what or how I in reality listen to or communicate with? You guys don't have a monopoly on that kind of things, no matter how much you like to pretend it.

Your comment only accentuates the lack of real arguments for your case; resorting as you do to: "If anyone disagrees with my self-proclaimed 'truths', he/she is per definition wrong."

So if you're here to 'win' or is part of the soul-saving market, such a reaction from you doesn't really suppport the claims on this thread: Through character-defamation I 'prove' that I talk with 'god'.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

"If anyone disagrees with my self-proclaimed 'truths', he/she is per definition wrong."
If you had someone who died and went to hell, got brought back to life, years later died and went to heaven, then came back, witnessed a multitude of miracles, saw and talked with angels on many occasions, have been inspired to prophetic utterances, experienced ecstasy in the love of Jesus, and after all of that, what are those truths that the person could take away from that to mount accusations against his fellow experiencer?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

I am.

With Love,

Your Brother

ignorance is bliss
edit on 26-9-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by bogomil

"If anyone disagrees with my self-proclaimed 'truths', he/she is per definition wrong."
If you had someone who died and went to hell, got brought back to life, years later died and went to heaven, then came back, witnessed a multitude of miracles, saw and talked with angels on many occasions, have been inspired to prophetic utterances, experienced ecstasy in the love of Jesus, and after all of that, what are those truths that the person could take away from that to mount accusations against his fellow experiencer?

I would ofcourse put such in the category labelled 'agnostic', which is fine for subjective positions, but worthless as general universal claims.

And please remember, that I personally don't ascribe any derogative or condescending values to 'subjective'. 'Subjective' only becomes a 'bad word', when it falsely is claimed to be 'objective'.

Same as with the miserable pseudo-science/logic I'm sometimes up against or if someone claims to be able to speak french, because he/she can say: "Voulez-vous couches avec moi?"

Claims trangressing the intrinsic competence in their basis.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

. . .I personally don't ascribe any derogative or condescending values to 'subjective'.
I realize that and I was about to add that to my post, to clarify that though I was quoting your post, I was not talking about you but the subject you brought up, from another person's post. You beat me to making an edit by making your rely post.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

I am.

With Love,

Your Brother

ignorance is bliss

Thanks my friend,

is there anything special you want as your next birthday present?

Nobody will believe you said the above freely, so a suggestion of bribe will fit nicely.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

. . .I personally don't ascribe any derogative or condescending values to 'subjective'.
I realize that and I was about to add that to my post, to clarify that though I was quoting your post, I was not talking about you but the subject you brought up, from another person's post. You beat me to making an edit by making your rely post.

Possibly my bad. No worries.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
Thanks my friend,

is there anything special you want as your next birthday present?

Nobody will believe you said the above freely, so a suggestion of bribe will fit nicely.

30 pieces of silver is enough.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

No worries.
I have a habit of using other people's posts to say something more general but just liked one line to launch off from.
I was trying to say something about this concept the thread title mentions, about God talking to you. My question is if someone did (have God talk to then), are they now equipped with truths custom-made to destroy what other people think are truths.
I would submit that, like you said, no matter how profound such experiences may be, they are still subjective and not the sort of thing that all of a sudden qualifies you as judge of the world. That was Moses (but someone who may have been completely mythical, and made up hundreds of years later to explain why they had this law). He would have had that authority because he moved the subjective into the objective by having the god only he saw and heard, jump out into stark reality to demonstrate that he was this awful person and could split the earth in half if he wanted to.
Short of that, there is no one alive walking around on this planet who can judge others, other than to express a personal opinion based on quite ordinary human mental activities.
edit on 26-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

It may be out of your line of interest, but one the few cases (if not the only, I can't remember more just now) where the 'direct experience' in a trust-inspirering way is mentioned trans-religiously is in the book: 'The self-biography of a yogi' by Paramahansa Yogananda, in which he describes how....I believe his own guru....went through whatever procedures he deemed necessary for experiencing some hindu 'god(s)'.

Which he did. But apparantly being an inqusitive and experimenting person, he decided to repeat the experience, but this time with the aim of 'meeting' some of the christian central gestalts. With the result that he this time 'met' Jesus and Mary.

This example is neither fowl nor fish in an objective perspective, but at least gives rise to the interesting and farreaching speculation, that such manifestations of religious characters still is another outer layer of a deeper reality.

I've had my own very intensive paranormal experiences en mass (but nothing resembling manifestions of monotheistic divinity), and there was a clear impression of something 'real' being the reason for it (my cat obviously also saw what I saw), but that this 'something real' wasn't percieved by me as it is intrinsically.

We in the west still have a long way to go, before we can return to the point, where we can start to sorting this otherness as it is in itself, from the way we gestalt/pattern it. Until then we mostly come home with, what we went out looking for....self-fullfilling.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

. . .what we went out looking for....self-fullfilling.

As in, what we expected anyway.
That could be but I can't say that I ever did that, go looking to have an experience, they were always what seemed to be spontaneous. There are things I asked for but were not like an unusual state of mind, just sitting there and observing something happen , but not something I asked for specifically but what I could realize sooner or later was something that was involved in that thing I asked for coming about.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Your post on the bottom of page 1 set the pace dearie. You like showing up in these threads but you don't like hearing the truth. If you would take the time and do the things Jesus has asked you wouldn't be clueless and in the dark.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

. . .what we went out looking for....self-fullfilling.

As in, what we expected anyway.
That could be but I can't say that I ever did that, go looking to have an experience, they were always what seemed to be spontaneous. There are things I asked for but were not like an unusual state of mind, just sitting there and observing something happen , but not something I asked for specifically but what I could realize sooner or later was something that was involved in that thing I asked for coming about.

Generally our perception mechanisms (including the final gestalting) are quite conformistic and deepgoing in our mindsets, so what we..as you put it....expect to see, doesn't mean what we consciously expect to see (again please notice, that I'm not implying any freudianism with this).

The robot-part of us simply responds to conditioned reflexes. Now then it would be very interesting to know if some people get any kind of anomalous experiences outside their cultural norms. That would at least bring us one step away from the mechanistic pre-arrangements dominating much of our lives.

One of my favourite aphorisms say: "What's still there after you've stopped believing in it must be real". (Personally I prefer an ending with "::::COULD be real".)

I believe it was Kübbler-Ross, one of the pioneers of NDE, who once regretted, that she'd never had a chance to study, what asian people have for NDEs.

It's not my intention to derail this thread, but I think that mindset-settings have an enormous impact on the inner screen we project existence on. Especially concerning the unknown, when it occasionally is made a bit visible.
edit on 26-9-2011 by bogomil because: addition of last half-sentence.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Your post on the bottom of page 1 set the pace dearie. You like showing up in these threads but you don't like hearing the truth. If you would take the time and do the things Jesus has asked you wouldn't be clueless and in the dark.

Excellent point my friend. If the world did what Jesus commanded, I would not be in the dark.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

. . .anomalous experiences outside their cultural norms.
Then, a person can't self-adjust their settings, even if they wanted to.
I'm thinking of Pilate looking at Jesus and he asks him, What is truth?
To this Roman, if Jesus would have said he was the son of God, he would have maybe accepted that, but it would have been a lot different thing for the High Priest to do that, because of their so different mind settings.

I was a while ago reading some Euhemerus, as quoted by Eusebius, and he is telling stories about Uranus and Kronos and Zeus in a way where they seemed like just great people. What would someone think of their god in that situation? They could kill you all they want, but you have zero possibility of doing anything back to them. How is that different that an invisible god version? In practical terms, none.

I think there needs to be a serious adjustment of who and what we think God is, otherwise we are just back in 700 BC.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I think there needs to be a serious adjustment of who and what we think God is, otherwise we are just back in 700 BC.

Bingo!

I cannot elaborate on what God is my friend, but I can say with certainty that God does not like to be put in boxes.

Every time we do, another cult pops up and says "Nope, this is God" and finds enough in agreement to flourish.

Atheists have it right, there is no evidence for God.

This fits nicely with the commandments of Moses, ie do not have any other Gods before me, do not make graven images out of anything in the heavens, earth, waters etc.

Yet they worship a wall.

It also fits nicely with the Muslim position that no one can make an image of Allah. Unfortunately, they bestow the same divine prohibition on Mohamed.

Interestingly, Christians deified a man who said repeatedly, THE FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.

Me, screw it, I deify LOVE. You cannot define it, you cannot see it, you cannot hear it, but you sure know it when you feel it!

Try to make an image that captures the essence of love. Good luck.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Interestingly, Christians deified a man who said repeatedly, THE FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.
Jesus was, "Look at me. I am you. Or what you could and should be." People are all, "He was special, all the god stuff in him, wow, too bad we could never be like that!"

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Jesus was, "Look at me. I am you. Or what you could and should be." People are all, "He was special, all the god stuff in him, wow, too bad we could never be like that!"

I agree my friend. That is how I read it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I agree with both you and IAMIAM. Many people say WE are god. Didn't Jesus say this?

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes" (Psalm 82:6-7)

When I reflect on these types of passages, I do not think others should worship me. Although, many that cannot see the truth would claim that is what I am saying. No. I think GOD was telling us that we have the ability to be just like him. Through messengers sent to earth, GOD was trying to tell us that we can raise ourselves up out of the darkness of this world. The kingdom of heaven is within us, and heaven will eventually be brought to Earth. In other words, we will begin behaving more and more like the example Jesus brought to us. With that will come the kingdom of heaven brought to earth. And we will recognize each other for who we really are, and not the image society or any group may try to make us believe. We will recognize that we are one and the same, all children of GOD and all here on this planet for a purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join