It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Dreaming?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Neo_Serf

Really, are you serious? Do you really believe that someone on ats can be responsible for the death of someone just because they wrote a post? Would you take advice from a post on ats? This lady has an iq of 140, she doesn't sound irresposible to me.

Likely not. But she OPed for a reason - to get input. The question isnt if *I* would take advice. The question is if she takes her requested advice seriously.

Of course I wouldnt place full responsibility on the feet of someone who wrote a less than wise post in the extreme worst case that she did something negative. But that she doesnt listen to us randoms does not negate our responsibility to offer the most helpful advice were capable of.

And ya, I am serious. Ive seen this kinda # close up and personal, and I know the someone deflecting or minimizing the potential seriousness of the situation *for sure* doesnt help, even if this woman is totally ok. Lets not encourage the rolling of those dice.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

I agree with second poster. You should get yourself checked for seizures, as such symptoms are sign of small seizures where you don't completely lose consciousness.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Sometimes when I'm writing I just become empty...........and devoid of emotion, it takes days to return. I know what you're saying OP, it can be scary

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TmTrvlr

I can't do anything in that state.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If you're affraid to consult a doctor, you could try massotherapy one or two sessions per week (e.g.: reiki or craniosacral massages) or start practicing Tai Chi. That could probably help you a lot.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Usually I remember the event happening before, sometimes yes in my dreams. I never feel Deja-vu from something I haven't experienced before.

Then you have had dreams that were of future events that came true days/weeks/months later where the onset of deja triggered the memory linking the source to something you dreamed about?

This is not related to your condition, however it may help you in answering the more provocative question you presented in the subject, "Am I Dreaming?"

If you were dreaming, there must be some self-evident and apparent link between dreams and reality. If a dream precedes a future event and comes true, then a past dream is relevant to a future event, this is the apparent link.

If reality is at first a dream, waiting to come true, then does that mean dreams and reality are interconnected and the same? Who is to say, you are not dreaming right now, but a dream that lasts a lifetime?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I agree with the doctor idea, sounds like a seizure to me...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Drinking from tap water filled with fluoride is dangerous to your pineal gland that's responsible for release of several very important hormones such as serotonin and melatonin. Fluoride accumulates in the pineal gland and slows down the release of these hormones, that's why there's so many drugs out there helping people with sleep problems and depression. Eating raw food diet, and water fasting will help cleanse out the pineal gland. You will feel "connected" again. David Wilcock, who's new amazing book "Source Field Investigations" is available on torrent sites or Amazon for 20$, says that there's evidence that pineal gland is our connection to the divine, the spirit world. Consider cleansing your body and the pineal gland. Hope this helps, definitely helped me.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
When I was a little girl, I used to be amazed by the auras I saw around people's heads. I mostly saw white auras but sometimes blue and red. I remember sitting in church comparing people's auras to pass the time. I am not sure when I stopped seeing them but my last vivid memory was in the 5th grade. I am not sure if puberty stopped them or what.

all of my life I have had experiences where I felt as if I was disengaged from my body. As I have gotten older it happens less frequently but still occurs on occasion. As a teen I did smoke P*t a few times. That feeling comes the closest to how I feel when I am disengaged. However, I started having the disengaged feeling long before I messed with marijuana. I do not condone the use of illicit drugs.

When I am disengaged, I am still inside my body but everything feels hazy. I can still talk and interact but tuning in and paying attention is difficult. It is an unpleasant feeling for me.

A few weeks ago I did have a seizure. We have discovered I have hypoglycemia. Not surprising since I have next to no stomach and can eat only small amounts at a time. At the time of the seizure they performed a brain cat scan and later an EEG. All results were normal.

I am not sure what these periods are about. I do not consider myself psychic but I have had several strong psychic experiences in my life. I really don't believe in much of anything. However, I hope that I am wrong and that somehow our existence has meaning. As a child, I believed in reincarnation. If something went wrong, I just dismissed and promised myself I would do better in my next life. I have no idea why I felt that way.

I am not sure our experiences are the same...but I also have something odd about me. (Multiple things)
Hope this helps

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

You might be suffering from amnesia. Don't worry though. All you need is plenty of natural sleep and lot's of healthy food in your meals and exercise. :-)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I get this every so often, I don't seem to forget who I am but I feel like I'm in a dream like state. Usually just wears off. I don't think It's medical I eat healthy and play lots of sports. But then again I might be talking about something completely different.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My friend was recently discussing his beliefs about this "blankness" to me, that people are increasingly experiencing. Other things you've mentioned in your posts--such as the constant deja vu experiences, the question of are we dreaming, the possibility of this being a spiritual experience, etc. makes me think that what he was talking about may be related to your experiences of your mind going blank.

In short, it goes something like this: Our perception of this physical world is finite. We see forms--things with beginnings and endings--and with our minds, we can't perceive or conceptualize beyond such temporary things. But on some level of consciousness, beyond the limited mind, we can experience the infinite--but to the ordinary mind, this experience will just register as a blank. It can't truly comprehend something eternal, that has no beginning or ending.

For you, it seems new or foreign experiences help to trigger the feeling that the world is in a very real sense a dream (as Eastern mystics have taught for thousands of years) and you experience the blankness (a no-thought state that yogis and Buddhists in the East work very hard for many years to achieve even a little bit!).

I myself get the feeling the world isn't real any time I pause to consider it, since I was a kid. I also have the deja vu sometimes, which is a reminder. I only get the blankness occasionally--though I hadn't thought to observe it until recently.

And although I don't personally assign any dates to it, it seems to me that even as the ignorance and suffering of the world increases, so too does the start of a new awakening for humanity--it's obviously not sustainable the way it's working now. The world may have to wake up whether it likes it or not!

(By the way, the deja vu, as well as the entire journey of the soul from beginning to end, are explained nicely in Meher Baba's 1955 book, "God Speaks.")

If my friend is correct about this blankness, it's possible that many of us will be experiencing much more of it in the days to come...we'll see.

Finally, no disrespect to anyone concerned about your health, because doctors are a valuable resource when needed, but I encourage you to follow your intuition on this matter, and trust yourself. Hope this helps.....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by upasni

That definitely sounds pretty awesome!

I've always felt like it was something bigger but I'm gonna make sure it's not just my brain being wacky. Hopefully I'm having "awakening" experiences..

edit on 26-9-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Should go and see a doctor to rule out any serious problems.... but i know what you mean, I sometimes get it too, to me it feels as if i'm on a movie set or something, if that makes any sense. Like all around me is not real and i often question whether i'm awake or not, I personally put it down to Depersonalization Disorder

But it does seem to improve and go away if I am well rested...

Hope this post helps

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This is all I know from my own studies, selfhelp mostly. I think what's happening to you when you go blank is that your psyche goes into an alternate mode where it can absorp and process as much information from the environment as it can, bypassing your persona.

Every animal on this planet has a drive to establish a safe environment, in society there are many mental constructs which are learned while growing up which are all meant to ensure every member follows the laws, not only justice but also the social laws. It might be you go blank to create a sense of safety by scanning for all possible threats in a new environment. Maybe if you first look up information on the internet before going out about the place you're going to visit you might not feel so dreamy once you get there since you've already got some information your brain can work with in the background, rather than all at once and being bombarded by new stimuli.
edit on 29/9/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
you are having an awakening experience. this happens to people when they begin to realize there awareness and true nature. i can help explain further, this video is good to listen to. he explains it alot better then me! lol

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSelfDestruct

That definitely sounds right.. But there is a feeling too, that makes it feel like it is more.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join