It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Videos Taken In History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone had any favorite videos that were produced back in history (the farther the better), I like pretty much everything from the 80s down. History has been an interest of mine and it is always nice to see it when it happened. My video is from 1939, about the Pony Express.

edit on 24-9-2011 by greyer because: rephrase

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

cant post my original link, found this though...
edit on 24-9-2011 by exdog5 because: bad link-

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

edit on 6-5-2013 by Springer because: Link removed per request

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Not exactly conventional history, but does say something about film making in general.

Your thoughts? It's funny in a odd way. If you have the patience to watch the whole thing as I did, it leaves a lasting impression...for better or worse. Not exactly belittling (excuse the pun) to small people as it provided them with a means to earn money and gain their "15 minutes" of fame. But, I seriously wonder what the feeling is today about film such as these among the "little people"? It leans towards exploitation. The film pokes fun at itself, whether it was intentional or not is left to the viewer.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Get a load of this...

There's More- The Film Archive: CIA

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5
Not exactly conventional history, but does say something about film making in general.

Your thoughts? It's funny in a odd way.

You're right I forgot about that. Back then midgets were totally exploited, that is very odd lol.

The CIA one looks really good. I'm interesed in learning about the culture and scenery pre50s, and of course UFOs cause I post a lot in that section.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join