It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Druid42 needs help with CHAT.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
launch windows on your linux and run it as a virtual machine, download I.E. and your done, no drama or rocket science involved.

www.smashingapps.com...

or

help.ubuntu.com...

or

downloadsquad.switched.com...
see ya in chat...
edit on 25-9-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Update: I downgraded to FF 5. Still no-go. I even left a window open all night, some people have said it takes awhile to load.

Can anyone verify their settings, and maybe I can match their config?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

i wait about 2mins with the grey screen then hit a f5 (refresh) and several seconds later im in.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

K, thanks for the help. I'm gonna try the 2 min wait, then f5.

Then, Imma do the linux virtual windows IE trick.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by cerebralassassins

K, thanks for the help. I'm gonna try the 2 min wait, then f5.

Then, Imma do the linux virtual windows IE trick.

f5 or right click on the grey window and refresh....but you already know that, look forward to seeing in there.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i've tracked it down to two errors, listed in the screen grab below:

I also installed virtualbox, loaded XP. IE didn't work. I installed Chrome in the virtual box version of windows, and managed to get the above screen.

I am posting this under Mint 8 (linux), and FF 3.6.

To be technical, the chat.php loads in 8 items, three page objects, a java script, a cookie, a flash extension, and two image files for the icons in chat.

I have cached all the items, but when the script is run the errors are produced.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
there is loads of info on this error on google or bing, simply search it and it will lead you to your problem.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here is the error I get in FF 3.6 using Mint 8.

Seems to be permission related.

Still no luck.

edit on 9/25/11 by Druid42 because: wrong link

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
try the same thing with "chat voyeur".

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
hi Druid

I'm using XP SP2 and FF 6.0.2
and nothing else apart from that to get into chat

for me its just a refresh issue, i hit CTRL-R and within seconds, i'm in.

and i saw its a permission's problem ?

Marshall

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Twinie

K, thanks for the info. I will match that config, and try again after work today.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

you're welcome

i hope you do get into chat
after trying so hard to find a fix for it

seeing that its a permission that is stopping you from accessing chat

why not remove the permission and try accessing chat again ?

Marshall

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Druid

Springer came into the chatroom requesting the members inside
to begin posting their ideas into the thread instead
because its taking chat away from the thread
and chat will be going down soon, for some upkeep as he stated
and it might be taken offline for a while

edit: just wanted to give you a heads up so that you dont waste too much time worrying about chat for now

TC
Marshall
edit on 27-9-2011 by Marshall Twinie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
First has chat ever worked for you from this location at all on any device what so ever? After answering that lets look at the fact that you have tried a whole host of different OS and browser combinations that didn't work, that leads me to believe that the computer you are using is not the problem but something else such as either your router or internet service provider (not quite as likely). I would look at any security features enabled on your router first as over zealous security settings will break things like ATS Chat, Steam and various other things. If necessary can you post up the make and model of your router and I'm sure myself or someone else here can have a read up on it and see if there are any features that could be causing this to happen.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
First has chat ever worked for you from this location at all on any device what so ever? After answering that lets look at the fact that you have tried a whole host of different OS and browser combinations that didn't work, that leads me to believe that the computer you are using is not the problem but something else such as either your router or internet service provider (not quite as likely). I would look at any security features enabled on your router first as over zealous security settings will break things like ATS Chat, Steam and various other things. If necessary can you post up the make and model of your router and I'm sure myself or someone else here can have a read up on it and see if there are any features that could be causing this to happen.

My router is a D-Link model DI-524. I even put into the DMZ to run tests. I have a home network of 4 computers, but that's irrelevant because I have also run webservers over it in the past, with no problems. At one point, I had 9 computers on my network, and two for backup in case my webserver went down. I don't run any ftp on port 21, or apache on port 80 anymore. I also noticed that that chat accesses port 8080 on their servers, so I did a firewall mod to allow everything, including that port, from ATS, in my router. In fact, during my tests, ATS was free to hack me, as I was all naked. I tested everything I could think of, and then some.

My current ISP is Hughes, I am on a Sat link. It works fine all the time, unless the weather is nasty.

Everything else, any and all websites with flash and java scripts work just fine. It's only the ATS chat I CAN'T get into. I am super stumped on this!

Thanks for your responses. Your comments are appreciated.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This post is from XP sp2, FF 5, because I downgraded earlier.

Chat is down, so trouble shooting is out of the question right now.

I have researched this problem. It seems ATS is upgrading the chat client. In the source code I saw what version of Iframe chat they were running....

I will wait.

and Marshall, seems I'm safe to upgrade again to FF 6.0.2, which is what I was running, eh?

And OMG, I just checked my router, and it has been in the DMZ for 2 days now. Giggle. Lucky I don't have any enemies. Locked down again.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ok, I went to upgrade from FF 5 to 6.0.2, and it gave me a link to upgrade to FF 7, which I did. So, I am posting this under XP sp2, and FF 7.

I clicked the chat link, and it immediately says chat is offline.

I will post the solution once I have it, and hopefully other members can benefit.

Methinks chat is offline for upgrades.

You simply gotta love ATS!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Chat does work in FF..but......

What i do is open chat in I.E. and then switch back to FF..( just enough to get the cookie)

since the cookie was saved...

I can now open chat in FF

As of this posting..

Chat is offline......
edit on 27-9-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

But It shouldn't work that way.....You shouldn't have to wait at a blank grey screen, and you shouldn't have to hit f5 or refresh.....you shouldn't have to switch browsers. IT should work. I've run diagnostics on my end, researched my errors I have been getting, and it leads towards an ATS server config.

Thus the chat upgrade.

As a programmer, any chat should be completely cross platform compatible, and chat has been hit and miss, but I saw they are running an outdated version of Iframe Chat. I think after the upgrades, chat will be flawless for everyone.

Gotta love ATS. Deja Vu.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

yes Druid, you were running FF 6.0.2 as i was running same at the time
which i now switched to FF 7.0.1 and i am still able to get into chat.

chat is online again, so do try and let us know if you're able to get in.

Marshall

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join