It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Lost 30 lbs In A Week, I Need (Serious -Please-) Opinions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Maybe you got some monsters inside you, Like that guy with the tape worm!

GO GET CHECKED!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If your electrolytes are off coconut water is a better alternative than Gatorade. I get a brand called Zico from Trader Joes and it even comes in different flavors like mango and even chocolate. I really like the chocolate because when it's cold it tastes like real chocolate milk which normally I can't drink.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

my thoughts exactly.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Not really sure why you made the decision to lose weight.See you lose weight really fast when you die,the goal in this lifetime is to keep the weight on,so that if you do get sick,your body has some fat reserves.Its the bodies survival mechanism.Dont get caught up in the paris hilton crackhead mentality.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Losing that amount of weight is incredibly unhealthy (and I would say impossible).

If that was all fat loss it would = 210,000 calories burned. There is no way. If that was water weight you would be dead. The only thing I can think of is a SERIOUS disease.

I would urge anyone who has dropped 10 + lbs. to go see a doctor IMMEDIATELY and with the symptoms you're claiming I would suggest going to the hospital.

You know what screw it, GO TO THE HOSPITAL

edit on 24-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Not necessarily. S/he may also have had a seriously back-up intestinal tract and could easily lose 10 to 20 lbs just from dumping its contents.

How much did you weight before you started? I don't remember reading that in your posts.

How much do you weigh now?

Did you experience evacuation of a large volume of material from your intestinal tract?

It is good advice to visit a physician, a nutritionist, or both.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Maybe she took weight lose pills? Those things really mess you up!
Suplements?

Haven't been able to read through the whole thread its too long.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I also recently cut out all grains and CANNOT believe how easy it has been to lose weight. I might be the weight I was in high school before beer and adult life messed up my body.

Good for you on the lifestyle change, but 30 lbs in a week is not normal. Have you been taking vitamins? It could have something to do with a gluten allergy. You really should see a doctor. I hope you feel better very soon.
edit on 25-9-2011 by smileypants because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just go from all you can eat buffet to another buffet all day long.You can probably pack 50 lbs on in a week,good luck on your adventure.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry but some of these recomendations are hilarious.

You can't really determine the macronutrient profile for someone you know nothing about.

First of all, dieting is alot like lifting weights. The first 2 months of ANY diet will be effective, just like you could use a total gym for the first two months and it would be effective. The key is what happens after that point.

I would suggest visiting a doctor who specializes in endocrinology and getting your hormone levels checked, testosterone, estrogen, t3/t4/tsh, etc. Also visit an allergist and see if you have any food allergies. A general practicioner will not help. A nutritionist isn't going to be worth it....

I would suggest READING ALOT. READ READ READ READ READ. Diet forums, experiement with different diet. LEARN what a macronutrient is, about the krebs cycle. Get obessed with it and become an expert.

Don't trust others to tell YOU what diet you should be on because it works for them. They could be totally different in every way...........

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Not really sure why you made the decision to lose weight.See you lose weight really fast when you die,the goal in this lifetime is to keep the weight on,so that if you do get sick,your body has some fat reserves.Its the bodies survival mechanism.Dont get caught up in the paris hilton crackhead mentality.

Excess body fat MAKES you sick. It is toxic and leads to almost every age related disease. Do you really think having fuel storage will mean anything if you are unhealthy to begin with? Get with the times, buddy.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velenger
Hello, kind of rare to read this type of questions in ATS. You have to know that we are supossed to have a diet that has certain amount of protein, carbs and fat and you have to pick the right choices for each. Like for example not fried oils.. but a teaspoon in the natural state on the salad for example. Fruits and Vegetables are a great source of vitamins and stuff but most vegetarians comit a great mistake. If you are going to go Vegetarian mode you have to make sure you have in your vegetarian food a good source of iron and the rest of aminoacids you are not getting from the meat and only specific vegetables have these properties and you must know how to comine these foods to get the 8 essential aminoacids your body cannot make for itself. These aminoacids come alltogether in meat (protein) but in vegetables and grains they come separate, so you have to know how to combine them or you will get anemia (cronic fatigue, lack of energy, white skin).
Also there are some fatty acids that you must also make sure you are getting and these mostly come from fish and flax. A lot of people run with this defficiency and health problems appear.

About grains.. grains have to be consumed in moderation.. and only the full grains. About the conspiracy.. yes there is a conspiracy in refined food, sugared and chemically altered food.. you have to avoid at all cost. White bread and white rice and coke are designed to make you pig out and put you in an obese state. This has to do on how a refined carbs go directly to the bloodstream in form of insulin and make some peaks up and down that increase your appetite (pig out).

Stay safe.

btw 30 lbs in a weeks is impossible. But i can believe you lost a lot if you are really really obese and did only ingest fruits and vegetables.. because fruit and vegetables do not have many calories (and have high nutritional value) and without the salt water retention decreases. A lof of these weight you have lost comes from water, fat and muscle. When we lose weight we must focus on lose fat and not muscle. I do not recomment getting rid of grains completely, make it low and you should be fine. When people stop either eating carbs.. or stop eating only proteing or stop eating only fat.. health problems appear. Your brain works with glucose, and glucose comes from the carbs (if not you get these headache-dizzynes).. and vegetables are carbs but I dont think they are good enough like complex carbs like full grains. Erase the simple, engineer, refined, altered and chemically processed carbs and you will be fine. Sorry for my english it is not the best.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Velenger because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2011 by Velenger because: (no reason given)

I agree with part of this, but new information is coming out that proves grains should not be a staple food. They should be eaten sparingly or not at all. Wheat is a good example. Also realize that most grains, organic or not are heavily contaminated by pesticides and GMO's in processing. You should check out LifeExtension magazine or do some research. Things change all of the time.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hm.. 30 lbs is a LOT . I guess your body is going into a shock as the things happened to fast. I would expect a healthy diet to go gradually so you give time to your body to adapt! Drink water, make some light exercise. Also make SURE you get the vitamins, minerals, the types of proteins your body needs. Hemp powder is quite good, contains all the protein types you need , also Spirulina (a food suplement) is quite good too. Make sure you have a variate diet , and do allow yourself some meat (fish is FINE). Loosing weight by malnutrition is not the way to go..
edit on 25-9-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Sounds like you are grossly exaggerating or lying to me. Losing 30 lbs in a week from limiting carbs is not only very unlikely, but borderline impossible, maybe if you were 600 lbs already.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ALL of the food we eat is controlled and altered by the Government, even fresh vegitables get sprayed with speacial pesticides... Organic farmers are forced to use the types of pesticides the government choices or they get shut down...

As for your situation, its not hard to believe that weight loss if you truely dieted like you said... But what ur doing is very VERY unhealthy... u need some wheat or grain, weather its a cup of rice or 2pieces of bread. Its all about portions.... Portion ur food for the following week and you realize how much we all over eat.

Ive recently went on a Very Strict diet myself and went to the doctors with the same symptoms... The reason you feel sick is because you either stopped eating certain foods to fast, or either stopped eating a certain thing you shouldnt... it may of took awhile to feel the way you do, thats just the time delay. (if you eat corn 2day, you may not poop it for 2-3days. bad example i know!!)

If you continue the diet you are doing you will cause more harm to your body than helping it....

STAY AWAY FROM ALL FROZEN FOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PORTION CONTROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! prebag your snacks
EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS COMMON SENSE!!!! WHEN YOUR SHOPPING, IF IT LOOKS UNHEALTHY OR BAD FOR YOU: IT PROBALLY IS...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You should go to the doctors if you feel this way for more than 2-3days... it could be anything, like tape worms which are very common in humans its just they stay hidden feeding off our excess food, but if you diet like you say you are and dont have excess in you stomach they feed on you.

If you loose weight to easy its because you doing something wrong, Calories=Energy cant just give them up.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I'll read the rest of the responses, but I want to answer your post first.

How heavy are you to begin with?

30lbs weight loss in a week for a 300 pound person is quite possible. But if you are under 200 pounds, then I would consider seeing a doctor.
edit on 25-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
sounds like a sudden detox, and all the toxins have been kicked into your blood stream for elimination, this is gonna make you feel ill, you cant jump into things like that, or you could do more harm than good. a gradual switch would be better, but always consult a health professional first to make sure your healthy enough to do this, and the approach you should take to begin. but do drink lots of water, that will help you eliminate the toxins quicker.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

WOW... You need mental help my friend!!!!!!!

Name 1 thing that a human can benifit from being overweight???
I hope that post was sarcasm, cause WOW!!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Is this chaz bono by any chance?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Ok, I see you are around 200 pounds and fairly short.

I do not think 30 pounds is a surprise under these circumstances. However, you should definitely calculate what your ideal caloric intake should be at your desired weight and stick to it-- whatever you eat.

Going under is far more dangerous than going over. So don't do that! Eat what vegetables you can (I saw you don't like them), increase the fat in your diet (yes, I said it), and add some whole grains back in your diet.

Try to eat as balanced a diet as possible, but stay within 200 calories of your ideal caloric intake. That is a cardinal rule. Not negotiable.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join