It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Lost 30 lbs In A Week, I Need (Serious -Please-) Opinions

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sorry, first time I tried to quote someone... and oops.... it all went a bit pie shaped!

Good luck with the grains! But don't let it be a power struggle.

'we don't have to make perfect choices,
but it helps to make better choices.'

Bed time here.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hello, kind of rare to read this type of questions in ATS. You have to know that we are supossed to have a diet that has certain amount of protein, carbs and fat and you have to pick the right choices for each. Like for example not fried oils.. but a teaspoon in the natural state on the salad for example. Fruits and Vegetables are a great source of vitamins and stuff but most vegetarians comit a great mistake. If you are going to go Vegetarian mode you have to make sure you have in your vegetarian food a good source of iron and the rest of aminoacids you are not getting from the meat and only specific vegetables have these properties and you must know how to comine these foods to get the 8 essential aminoacids your body cannot make for itself. These aminoacids come alltogether in meat (protein) but in vegetables and grains they come separate, so you have to know how to combine them or you will get anemia (cronic fatigue, lack of energy, white skin).
Also there are some fatty acids that you must also make sure you are getting and these mostly come from fish and flax. A lot of people run with this defficiency and health problems appear.

About grains.. grains have to be consumed in moderation.. and only the full grains. About the conspiracy.. yes there is a conspiracy in refined food, sugared and chemically altered food.. you have to avoid at all cost. White bread and white rice and coke are designed to make you pig out and put you in an obese state. This has to do on how a refined carbs go directly to the bloodstream in form of insulin and make some peaks up and down that increase your appetite (pig out).

Stay safe.

btw 30 lbs in a weeks is impossible. But i can believe you lost a lot if you are really really obese and did only ingest fruits and vegetables.. because fruit and vegetables do not have many calories (and have high nutritional value) and without the salt water retention decreases. A lof of these weight you have lost comes from water, fat and muscle. When we lose weight we must focus on lose fat and not muscle. I do not recomment getting rid of grains completely, make it low and you should be fine. When people stop either eating carbs.. or stop eating only proteing or stop eating only fat.. health problems appear. Your brain works with glucose, and glucose comes from the carbs (if not you get these headache-dizzynes).. and vegetables are carbs but I dont think they are good enough like complex carbs like full grains. Erase the simple, engineer, refined, altered and chemically processed carbs and you will be fine. Sorry for my english it is not the best.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Velenger because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2011 by Velenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I once lost 28lbs in 8 days and never changed my diet in any way. The cause Citalapram anti-depressants, so for the reason that Ive been there can I ask if you have been put on any seratonin level altering medication?

Respects
edit on 25-9-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Good topic OP, I've also been doing something similar although I didn't have as drastic of a weight loss, then again, I'm not too much overweight in the first place. I think perhaps your scale could be broken, but then again maybe not.

All I can say for myself is, is that I feel much much much better since cutting grains out, and switching to dry red wine instead of beer. I've been losing weight effortlessly. I've always been very athletic and active, but I still always had this extra 20-30 lbs on me, and constant mood swings, lack of motivation, depression, etc..... Especially in the last year, it's really taken its' toll. I decided to give the low carb thing a try, cut out all grains, very minimal carbs from whatever might be in nuts, or a few grams in condiments and what not. I'm not being a nazi about it, I don't need to be because i'm still cutting way back. I've lost 7 lbs in the last 3 days. Sure, much of it is water but so what? It's still not healthy to be carrying around excess weight whether it's water or fat. I'm already looking way better, face starting to look chiseled again, clothes fitting better... haven't lost any strength and haven't felt fatigue. In fact, my athletic performance has been better. I'm sure me always working out before probably helps, as well as lot of protein and fat, which keeps you from losing the muscle that everyone worries about while going low carb. My mental alertness is much better, and I don't find myself getting crabby and in my "hate everyone and everything" moods.

I'd say it's great to do until you get to a certain point, then it would be time to reintroduce carbs, but instead of grains, go with fruits and veggies to satisfy your needs. I don't think the occasional plate of pasta will kill you or pizza, just keep it under control. Even then, generally speaking, the less active you are, the less carbs you need. Treat carbs like a drug rather than a food source almost.

I do think there is a conspiracy behind it, to keep us all sick and dumbed down. The vast majority of us do better with less sugar/carbs, more fat protein. If everyone followed what the FDA recommended, we would be much much more obese here in America than we already are collectively. 6-11 servings a day?? Unless you're doing ironman or do extremely physical work day in day out, for the whole day, you don't need that!

On the other hand, I have a friend who is 6'2", 150 lbs and swills moutain dew like there is no tomorrow, and eats crap. Is totally chiseled and never works out. I mean, at that height and weight it doesn't look that good but i'm jealous because he puts so much crap in his body and has a very lean physique, although very frail. He's probably one of the few people that actually thrive off a high carb diet. Of course, he really doesn't consume many calories overall, so perhaps that has a lot to do with it, the whole calorie restriction thing. He only eats once a day at the end of the day, throughout the day it's just mountain dew with some snacks here and there. So, I think cutting back calories does help, but the thing with low carb high fat and protein is, is that you don't have the tendency to go into these gorgefests like you would while eating pastas, pizzas, breads.... It's like your body instinctually knows when enough is enough.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Diagnostic possibilities (without reading other medical opinions/posts):

1. Fruits and veggies inducing an osmotic effect, taking water out of you, and dropping calories.

2. You became diabetic and didn't know it (v. unlikely).

3. You have an inflammatory bowel disease , other systemic inflammation, or cancer.

4. None of the above.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Good question about meds. Nope, I am not and have not been on any prescribed meds. I take over the counter anti histamines at night, to help me sleep and breath. I'm allergic to my cats!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
cancer is the first thing that i thought of when i read the title...the fact that you bowels are fluffy seem to indicate that there is a problem, my father had those symptoms, lost a lot of weight really quick, and died of pancreatic cancer that spread to his other organs.....just sayin, you might wanna get that checked out now...pronto...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I think that sounds like withdraws. It will pass.
However you should get you a blood panel done.
edit on 25-9-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Probably you're not eating a right balance of fruits and vegetables, if you're eating much of the same vegetable or fruit you should include more variety. Eating fruits will make you fat. Eating meat will not make you fat. My father took on a diet of high protein, he could eat as much meat as he wanted, even fried but just no carbohydrates like grains or fruits. He couldn't eat cream, milk and little salt. I think an ideal plate would be some meat and vegetables next to it. You can even fry your veggies since oil won't make you fat. Eat one fruit in the morning and that must be enough.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

yeah, my old boss convinced me that my left eye was just going to be a "black eye" so i didn't go to the doctor...a week later i did go and found out that i had a detached retina which could have been fixed if i had gone when it happened......so what i'm saying is don't let anyone tell you what it is on one of these forums, a prime example is the quote that i'm replying to right now.....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

Originally posted by deadeyedick

yeah, my old boss convinced me that my left eye was just going to be a "black eye" so i didn't go to the doctor...a week later i did go and found out that i had a detached retina which could have been fixed if i had gone when it happened......so what i'm saying is don't let anyone tell you what it is on one of these forums, a prime example is the quote that i'm replying to right now.....

I hate to hear that for you.You are right thats why i edited to suggest to get blood workup done.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Back in February of this year, I weighed 250 lbs. With the advice of a friend, I tried taking Gluten out of my diet. Today I am 50 lbs lighter as well. Now to be fair it wasn't all diet, I did increase my exercise as well and started hiking everyday(in elevation of 8000+ ft) Not only am I lighter, but I feel amazingly different. More energy and more mental focus. The problem lies in genetically modified wheat. Wheat isn't supposed to contain 25%+ gluten the way it does now that it is genetically modified, it should only be about 5% gluten. People have to wake up and realize that we are being poisoned and exterminated slowly in the name of money and greed. Monsanto is the devil and they have ZERO concern for humanity, just their bank accounts. Eat organic, eat less wheat/gluten and begin to feel the effects immediately.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Agree with what's been said already...stick to your veg and fruit diet, but you must drink plenty of fluids, and have some protein from legumes or nuts.

A spoonful of honey or maple syrup a few times a day couldn't hurt either.

You also need certain electrolyte salts too...you wouldn't do yourself any harm by taking some of those rehydration salt meds needed after a long bout of diarrhoea...it'll top your electrolytes back up.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
...others no doubt have offered the very same opinion I am:

Go see an actual living breathing Medical Professional. In person.

That amount of weight loss in that amount of time is unlikely ever to be a good thing.

Again - go see a someone...rather than request opinions on ATS.
At the end of the day we are only going by what you are saying.
We are not seeing you, we are not examining you, we are not privy to your prior medical notes or current medical notes or tests or reviews.
Therefore anything we could possibly offer is going to be extremely limited at best...potentially dangerous at worse.

Sure - there may well be Drs and the like here on ATS who have responded...but again those responses are limited due to the reality it is not an in-person consultation.

For instance...I'm a Psych Professional...but theres no way in heck I'd be offering ANYONE a mental health opinion online. Theres a WHOLE lot more that needs to be taken into account in order to get a handle on what may be going on for someone...be it physically or mentally or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
See a doctor right away, sudden weight loss can be a symptom of diabetes.

Hope you feel better soon, but call the doctor right away.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
double post, sorry
edit on 25-9-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Everyone on ATS seems to be a dietician.
Losing 30lbs in a single week without doing anything differently is NOT normal.
Stop listening to these self proclaimed cyber nutritionists and go see a real doctor.
Anyone can make any guess they like, however regardless of all of this, 30lbs in a single week lost is a huge issue.
It is not healthy no matter what.
GO SEE A DOCTOR.
edit on 25-9-2011 by alien because: *swear removed*

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Definitely drink plenty of water, your electrolytes may be off, so you may need something like Gatorade.

Don't drink Gatorade. Your system does not need the sugar, the artificial color, or the artificial flavorings. There are far better ways to get the electrolytes you need.
edit on 9/25/2011 by dubiousone because: spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Remind me of the Ultimate fighter when they gotta cut weight of 30 pounds in like 1 1/2 days. Very unhealthy but as soon as they hydrate they go up by a couple of pounds.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You didnt run into an old gypsy man who touched you and said thinner,did you?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join