It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Lost 30 lbs In A Week, I Need (Serious -Please-) Opinions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the 30lbs in a week thing, but the OP does have a point about cutting out grains.

I've lost just over 2 stone over the last 3 months, and I did it by cutting out as much carbohydrate as possible. As a type 1 diabetic, I've always been told that I should eat a high-carbohydrate/low-fat diet, which helps to provide stable blood-sugar levels, and whilst it does help with blood-sugar levels, it doesn't help with an overall healthy lifestyle. Imagine my surprise, then, when I see so-called health professionals telling non-diabetics to eat this way too.

Eating fat doesn't make you as fat as carbohydrates do. When you eat "slow burning energy" high-carb food, it provides you with a steady stream of energy throughout the day, sounds nice doesn't it? Well, the problem comes when you don't burn off all that energy, your body stores it as fat, making you fatter. So unless you have a very active lifestyle, which most people today don't, then you must avoid carbs at all costs or you will become overweight.

With the help of a dietician, I've cut out most of the carbs (grains) from my diet, and my blood-sugar levels are fine, and I've lost a lot of weight too. This is why the Atkins diet actually worked, people were cutting out all the useless carbohydrate, all that extra energy they didn't even need, and replaced it with healthy fats and protein.

I believe that this is one of the major contributing factors towards the ever increasing weight of the western populace. They're told to eat loads of carbs, so they happily munch away on breads, cereals, pasta, rice, etc, thinking they're doing their body some good, when in fact they're just becoming even more plump. It's almost like they're fattening up the population on purpose.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Foie Gras is made by force feeding a goose or duck grains (typically corn, as it is a fattener) until their liver becomes almost completely fatty deposits. Torturous and inhumane, people consider it a delicacy (it is delicious, but still a stomach turning process).

Grains are bad for us to eat in any level of abundance. They are small packets of energy. To eat grains you should eat a few very small meals a day, as that is the energy cycle of carbohydrates.

Same with fruit and milk. Both very high carb.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I guarantee most of the weight lost was water weight. Its not good to cut out carbs. There are complex carbs (good carbs) and simple carbs (bad).

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

well i would say that the first 6 kilos is fat from your liver the rest will be water lose
i know this as i had to do a diet to lose fat of my liver and in a week i lost over 6 kilos
of fat that is if you are obese
for the record i have lost 13 stone since december 2009
and now i am 17 stone

edit i did have a vertrical gastric sleeve
edit on 25-9-2011 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

I am feeling very well so far today, as the clock approches 1pm.

I have NOT returned to grain. Gonna try as hard as I can, to not give in. I think it's very bad.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Very very well done! Good going! Keep it up.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Not at all. I adopted a mostly paleo diet myself, although I do occasionally have rice or oats. Eliminating dairy, highly processed foods, and glutens is a very good step towards good health. But, if you eliminated all grains, you will feel a bit off for a few weeks, it takes about a month to adapt fully to it, but you'll feel great. And you're right, the pounds fly off on such a diet...
edit on 25-9-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I agree with all the people here so far, who told me it's mostly water loss. Who'da ever think simple harmless looking grocery produce, can pack such a whalloping punch, make such a powerfull effect on a person. How do you like that, Big Pharma?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

your lacking protien. eat a well balance diet, fruit, veg, meat, dairy, and yes grain, all in moderate portions .

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Innocent looking??! Not at all! Inticing, seductive, decadent and positively brainwasing!
What a difference it will make to man to climb a tree to get a peach instead of driving in your car to buy a packet of crisps!
Just think, all that fresh air, in touch with nature, maybe seeing an interesting insect up there, and then strolling back barefoot through the dewy grass... hmmmmmmm!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

Lots of protein in plants. We can actually eat a strictly plant based diet and still get over 20% protein which is what the "FDA" recommends for the amount of protein we should eat in a daily 2000 calorie diet. Fruits vegetables nuts legumes and "WHOLE" grains. Not bleached or processed grains. Try it out.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HOLDYOURFUTURECLOSE

We were never meant to eat grains. They are toxic, unless processed and cooked. Even then, small traces of those toxic proteins remain, and build up in the system and cause all kinds of inflammatory and immune system reactions that are falsely blamed on environmental factors and not diet. Adult mammals were also not meant to consume any milk, and ESPECIALLY not from other species. Baby cows grow very fast and need a specific formula which naturally contain hormones and proteins we weren't meant to digest, especially when we're done growing. Human milk has protein meant more for brain growth. The rapid growth hormones and proteins in cow milk provide fuel for tumors and obesity. We're genetically engineered to eat certain foods, and what the OP is describing is carbohydrate withdrawal. No food should cause withdrawal symptoms, and we should be able to switch our diets back and forth, depending on what's available.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Gr8 to find like minded people! Ditto on all you wrote in this post.
Only calves should drink cows milk.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
We are omnivores, we are genetically designed to eat meats, vegetables, fruits and nuts. Fats are the best form of energy, not saturated fats from unhealthy grain fed animals and fatty meat, but the good fats in the meat of grass fed animals and game meats.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I was just now watching a commercial on TV for "six cheese pizza"

Baaaaaaaaa

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Just an FYI, there is almond flour, there are all kinds of recipes with eggs and a few other natural ingredients that can be used to make grain free baked goods. They're REALLY good too, and will actually fill the void, in a healthy way.

paleofood.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
We are omnivores, we are genetically designed to eat meats

edit on 25-9-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSkyWe are omnivores, we are genetically designed to eat meats

Originally posted by 27jd

Sorry mate, cant agree. We are not meant to eat meat. Even on an emotional level, it is most disturbing for humans to kill and slaughter the animal they intent eating. Grownups are decensitised and conditioned not to feel it any more. But children will all tell you they absolutely hate having to see an animal getting killed and cut up. We can get used to anything.

However, I do not condone or condemn. Each to his own, and at his own pace.

edit on 25-9-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Go to the doctor and have your Testostorne checked. I had simaler symptoms and it had droped to dangerous low levels.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

People didn't always raise animals, treat them as pets, then slaughter them. Animal husbandry is a new thing in our evolution. We used to hunt, or take what was left after other predators killed their prey, such as the bone marrow, which is highly nutritious and rich in good fats. Human beings were also on the food chain, and since we didn't have "pets" animals probably weren't adored on an emotional level like they are now.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join